Windshield washer sensor

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Driving along today I ran out of washer fluid at a time i needed it most. I never got a warning or anything that it was running low...

Does anyone know if we do or don't have a washer fluid sensor??
Sponsored

BillB128

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I know this is crazy talk, but I checked the owners manual (pg. 656) for the answer.
It looks like only Canadian models will give a warning when the fluid runs low, which is surprising.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I know this is crazy talk, but I checked the owners (pg. 656) for the answer.
It looks like only Canadian models will give a warning when the fluid runs low, which is surprising.
Crazy talk? I read the whole manual front to back day 1. It's how I learned silly things like the hatch handles are not for closing the hatch, but for you to be able to reach the spoiler to close it if you're shorter 🙃. I just don't recall finding anything about the washer fluid.

Thank you, I may have to look at retrofitting it from the Canadian model. I'm baffled they ommited it for the US. With how small the tank is and how inefficient the use of fluid is in this design, the winter months I may just carry a couple gallons of fluid in the car 😑.

BillB128

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Ha! I was surprised as well that there was no warning light.
I would have thought it would be a requirement and was checking the manual for where the warning light would be located..... Go figure :)
Sponsored