OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Along the accessory lines…I installed the splash guards which look great with MBP since they are MBP for all I assume. I hated to lose the clean lines without, but living in the city with trucks required the body side molding. Thankfully with black they tend to blend in and don’t look as bad as I thought. They did have the added benefit of providing sound dampening since they are like rubber and have knocked out my passenger seat belt rattle.

969CBF55-D075-47DE-8F81-438037B95795.jpeg
The molding looks about as good as is reasonably possible, and I like the way it matches the lines of the bodywork.
Sponsored

560Ducks

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 CX-5
Curious if the gloss black aero parts on a MBP car are also MBP? Or is it a different gloss black.. or if the gloss black parts on all the colours MBP. If anyone knows thanks in advance!

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Curious if the gloss black aero parts on a MBP car are also MBP? Or is it a different gloss black.. or if the gloss black parts on all the colours MBP. If anyone knows thanks in advance!
I just checked. The splash guards are gloss black so it’ll match the other gloss black on any of the cars. The body side molding is paint color specific though I doubt they’ll make one for the tiger eye.

Sponsored

560Ducks

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 CX-5
Apex Blue might overtake both White and Carbon for me, especially because I’m okay with the all-black interior that Apex Blue is “stuck” with, in Canada.
Would be interesting to see if any Canadians arrange to swap interiors with other owners. MBP, LCM & PWP owners are "stuck" with the red interiors too technically. Find someone who wants to go black on black and then rock the Spiderman ABP combo like the TLX Type-S has!

Wouldn't be too hard to pull off... just seats, center console lid, door panels, and that little dash trim piece.

560Ducks

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 CX-5
I just checked. The splash guards are gloss black so it’ll match the other gloss black on any of the cars. The body side molding is paint color specific though I doubt they’ll make one for the tiger eye.
Thanks for the reply! I was actually referring the gloss black air ducts on the front bumper and the rear diffuser. Like on how all the cars it's gloss black.. it's just hard to tell in in photos if it's a different black or is the whole car MBP from top to bottom.

Sponsored

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Thanks for the reply! I was actually referring the gloss black air ducts on the front bumper and the rear diffuser. Like on how all the cars it's gloss black.. it's just hard to tell in in photos if it's a different black or is the whole car MBP from top to bottom.
Those are gloss black. The MBP glistens in the sunlight vs the ducts and diffuser.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I find it hard to keep my LCM clean not sure how you Apex guys do it

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I find it hard to keep my LCM clean not sure how you Apex guys do it
Yeah keeping cars clean is all part of it... and the color you choose has a lot to do with how much you obsess over keeping it clean. I was unpleasantly surprised at how hard it is to keep up with keeping the satin Xpel Stealth on my wife's Macan clean. It does a pretty good job of hiding dirt at a distance, but man it is obvious as hell up close. Shows pollen in the spring within literal seconds after drying. Even with ceramic coating over it. Wasn't expecting that...

So I have two cars that basically need to be washed every week. My routine takes about 45 minutes to an hour per car unless I'm "deep cleaning" something. And to add insult to injury, my driveway in the summer gives me about 1 hour per day of shade, and I hate washing cars in direct sunlight. It does get tiresome, and it REALLY sucks in the winter. (I'll wash my car if it's above 45 degrees or so, just far less frequently)

I've been on the fence about taking this ITS through a local place that uses an automated washer. I've used it before on some of my other cars to no ill-effects- even a black Macan. No kidding, I put more scratches and swirls on the paint washing by hand than their machines did. So there are places out there that cater to high-end cars that do a really good job of cleaning the car while not wrecking your paint, and if you do a monthly membership the cost is kept well under control too; this place charges ~$45 a month for "unlimited" washes, but for just a single "full service" they'll charge $39 (cost includes vacuum/interior, wheel cleaning, and touch up hand dry). That shit would add up real quick!

The trick for me is you can't take a car that has PPF through an automated wash, point blank period... and both my current cars have PPF. So I have been considering skipping PPF on this ITS so I can be lazy and actually keep it clean easier... at the cost of paint chips (and saving a few grand). But I also keep coming back to the gloss black pieces, no matter what you do they will get annihilated if they're not protected with film. So the struggle continues...

The other thing is, I have yet to find another place like this one anywhere so it's hard for me to recommend to other people to take their cars through automated washers. Everywhere else I've looked has been sketchy, even some of the 100% hand-wash places because they tend to use power washers and if I'm not using the power washer I don't trust them not to lift the PPF. My only guidance is to go off user reviews and look for things like my local place advertises on their website:

https://thegreatamericancarwash.com/

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah keeping cars clean is all part of it... and the color you choose has a lot to do with how much you obsess over keeping it clean. I was unpleasantly surprised at how hard it is to keep up with keeping the satin Xpel Stealth on my wife's Macan clean. It does a pretty good job of hiding dirt at a distance, but man it is obvious as hell up close. Shows pollen in the spring within literal seconds after drying. Even with ceramic coating over it. Wasn't expecting that...

So I have two cars that basically need to be washed every week. My routine takes about 45 minutes to an hour per car unless I'm "deep cleaning" something. And to add insult to injury, my driveway in the summer gives me about 1 hour per day of shade, and I hate washing cars in direct sunlight. It does get tiresome, and it REALLY sucks in the winter. (I'll wash my car if it's above 45 degrees or so, just far less frequently)

I've been on the fence about taking this ITS through a local place that uses an automated washer. I've used it before on some of my other cars to no ill-effects- even a black Macan. No kidding, I put more scratches and swirls on the paint washing by hand than their machines did. So there are places out there that cater to high-end cars that do a really good job of cleaning the car while not wrecking your paint, and if you do a monthly membership the cost is kept well under control too; this place charges ~$45 a month for "unlimited" washes, but for just a single "full service" they'll charge $39 (cost includes vacuum/interior, wheel cleaning, and touch up hand dry). That shit would add up real quick!

The trick for me is you can't take a car that has PPF through an automated wash, point blank period... and both my current cars have PPF. So I have been considering skipping PPF on this ITS so I can be lazy and actually keep it clean easier... at the cost of paint chips (and saving a few grand). But I also keep coming back to the gloss black pieces, no matter what you do they will get annihilated if they're not protected with film. So the struggle continues...

The other thing is, I have yet to find another place like this one anywhere so it's hard for me to recommend to other people to take their cars through automated washers. Everywhere else I've looked has been sketchy, even some of the 100% hand-wash places because they tend to use power washers and if I'm not using the power washer I don't trust them not to lift the PPF. My only guidance is to go off user reviews and look for things like my local place advertises on their website:

https://thegreatamericancarwash.com/
I agree with the struggle. Mine seems to keep clean for a day after washing then I can see polen start to collect on the hood. There is a touchless carwash near me but they don't offer a membership I'd go every 2 days if I could.
Large chain that only has contact style washing runs $40 to $80 a month. Usually the line to get a wash here takes at least 30 mins minimum.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
The molding looks about as good as is reasonably possible, and I like the way it matches the lines of the bodywork.
Those mud/stone guards look good. Are they dealer installed? Cost?
Sponsored