Sponsored

Canada ordering

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Acura of Oakville had a black one in front of the main door as a display. Also a white in the back lot. Both will be picked up this week.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Sponsored

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
300 has to be just the launch batch.
way too few imo. Dealers already have 2-3 with more coming later this year.
Back of the napkin math would put the ballpark at around 300, +-100.

There's apparently only 51 dealerships in Canada (+- a few), and some of those will be located in markets where they might sell 2-3 ITRs in a given year. Obviously bigger dealerships like Markham Acura will be getting a lot more, but even then I think it's reasonable to assume an average of 6-7 vehicles for MY 2023 per dealership.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Don't forget that most of the country didn't even get the ITS as of yet. My dealer in Quebec is waiting for his 2 first ITS by the end of July, one white, one black...

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
NOT ME
https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...d-what-colour-type-r-i-want.51110/post-865382

apparently more color combos will be available for 25MY+

In terms of colour, only black and white are available for the MY24. MY25+ will offer the full spectrum.

I got white, and one thing I did NOT expect was the sheer depth and sparkle the Acura white has. Under direct sunlight it looked like a disco ball. It was THAT Shiney, no even joking here. The paint they used was leagues better than anything I've seen on a Honda (I have a 23 CRV hybrid in urban grey as baby mover).

Ok let's get to the meats a potatoes. What does the M2 do better than the ITS:

- Outright speed sensation
- Highway / high speed driving
- interior, speakers, HUD/displays, comfort and etc
- Engine
- Seats
- NVH, insulation, engine noises and exhaust noises

Ok now what does the ITS do better.

- tranny, shifter, clutch
- sense of stability and ability to maneuver
- handling and weight feel
- FUN!!! I had a stupid grin ear to ear driving it slower
- Feel, it just felt like it wanted more of what I was giving it
- low end feel (sub 3.5k RPM)
- although the M2 sounds better, the ITS stock exhaust with its pop and bangs REALLY surprised me, it's great for a stock honda product lol

Sidenotes
- ELS is good, but it's not great HK in BMW is still 1 tier above
- road noise on the 407 highway was substantially louder and harsher in ITS vs M2.
- If you gave me another 40-50 WHP more in the ITS and a bit more camber + thicker rear sway bar, I'm inclined to say the ITS > M2 (in stock form).

With all that said, I will be parting ways with the ITS, as I have a buyer willing to take it off me at a decent premium.

HOWEVER!!!!, AFTER driving it and owning it for 2.5 days, I'm putting $$ in to get an MY25 car. I'm 100% owning this thing for life. I also want carbon vs. White :).

NONE of you guys waiting for an FL5/ITS will be disappointed, Its really really fucking good. For additional context, my old done-up MK6 GTI (coilovers, swaybars, subframe, bushings, -3.0 camber etc) did not come close to how tight the ITS felt.

As a historically Euro car guy, I gotta say, I get it now lol. I see what the fuss is all about with will-tuned JDM cars. Although, the FL5/ITS is at the pinnacle of this spectrum, FWD wise.

If you like lightweight cars, that can handle and have great low end you WILL like this car. Full stop.

Sponsored

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Any dealers in Metro Vancouver get their first units in yet (demos or otherwise)?

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
Any dealers in Metro Vancouver get their first units in yet (demos or otherwise)?
I keep checking different dealer sites but dont see any so far lmao. only thing i've seen is Kelowna dealer.

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Just got a call from one of my 2 dealers, 4 cars arrived and they want me to come in and discuss a deal which will include a bunch of extras. Now I’m not going to fall for this BS. They can keep their cars, not surprised about this, best of luck to everyone else 💪🏻

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Just got a call from one of my 2 dealers, 4 cars arrived and they want me to come in and discuss a deal which will include a bunch of extras. Now I’m not going to fall for this BS. They can keep their cars, not surprised about this, best of luck to everyone else 💪🏻
Name and shame - which dealer is playing stupid games?

alex9119

First Name
Alex Ly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R, Gr Corolla, GR Supra
I keep checking different dealer sites but dont see any so far lmao. only thing i've seen is Kelowna dealer.
Kelowna unit is spoken for, they also wont sell unless you are local there.

good sales manager though. They arent playing games it will be straight msrp
Sponsored