2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I could see them switching (as each car comes up with its needed redesign) to EV. They did say the Integra would be the last all new gasoline model Acura would release. The ZDX will happen first, then RDX, followed by the TLX and finally the MDX. Honda's in-house e:Architecture will suit the mid to full size vehicles those will exist as.

The Integra (and civic by extension) are different. Sometime closer to 2030 GM and Honda are going to be partnering again on another new EV platform that will underpin smaller/affordable models from small crossovers to compact and mid size sedans. IF they decide to continue offering the entry level Integra as the gateway into the brand, it will most likely get this future platform (along with the civic, accord, HRV, possibly CRV as well).

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I think this is the last Integra model. I don't see a lot on the road and the compact models are mostly Civics.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Interesting news here. I recall a recent article about Honda re-obtaining trademarks for both the Prelude and CRX names (albeit just for merchandise according to them) but with the article above, could be possible that these might be some of the "new" EV models to come from Honda....

-G

Sponsored

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I think this is the last Integra model. I don't see a lot on the road and the compact models are mostly Civics.
For an Acura it’s been selling well. They sold 19k Integras this year as of August 1. That’s way ahead of TLX (11k) and just edging out RDX. Only the MDX has sold more in 2023. Of course a refresh would certainly boost RDX sales, but I imagine they’re happy with Integra sales.

Plus, since it shares so much with the Civic (beyond platform) I assume the profit margins on Integra are very high.

So I think they’ll keep it around as long as the Civic is made.

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
I did hear the 2024 Civic model will feature a Hybrid model, I wonder if the Hybrid model will slowly replace the all gas powertrain in a 2-3 years.

2024ITS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
…I assume the profit margins on Integra are very high….
Indeed, especially at the price of MSRP.
IMO it’s a 40k car at best. Anyone willingly paying an ADM for one of these is completely out of their mind.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Main reason I bought the ITS.
There is a big chance that is going to be the last ICE super sport compact under Honda/Acura umbrella.
No one knows if they are going to release another new round in 5yrs.

Sponsored

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
I believe Acura will keep the Integra for awhile...whether that be in ICE form or transitioning to a Hybrid powertrain down the line, they will keep it in the lineup.

Why bring the car back from a 22 year hiatus just to have a 4-6 year model run? As mentioned above, the 11th gen Civic has been a great seller for Honda and the two cars share a ton between them. If the Civic is selling, the Integra is selling. 19k units just this year, as Dan said....

Acura wouldn't reintroduce the Integra name (albeit a simple ILX replacement) just to kill it off a short time later. Again - it will be mid-model refreshed, updated, and eventually be powered by other means but Acura knows better than to give it the axe after having all of us enthusiasts (their target audience) who, for the last 2 decades were begging for a high revving sporty coupe, who were completely disappointed by the initial reveal/design concept and who are now slowly coming back around with the release of the Type-S as being interesting again :

"This is how the Integra should've come from the start"

This is also their entry level Acura so they need consumers to get their feet in the door for the brand. Hopefully they keep the mindset that their consumers prefer using both feet to drive and keep the 6MT, but that's another story...

-G

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
If it ends up being a re-badged GM POS I'm gone.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Main reason I bought the ITS.
There is a big chance that is going to be the last ICE super sport compact under Honda/Acura umbrella.
No one knows if they are going to release another new round in 5yrs.
This was my reasoning too. Let's face it. Companies are not investing much into ICE platforms if anything at all. This is as good as it's going to get in my eyes. And most likely the last manual sedan at this level of performance.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I believe Acura's already said they will forego hybrid and move straight into EV's, leaving hybrid options under the Honda badge--just food for thought.
Sponsored