Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
Not as smooth as the Michelins. They feel firmer but it could be the air pressure, I haven't checked to see what the dealer filled them with. Also the increased payload could be playing into part of it. I only hit about a buck ten following a M2 after getting them put on.
I’m glad you were able to make that trip to Mexico!
Do you have any pictures of how square the tire is relative to the wheel? I’m planning on going 265 35 but it’d be cool to see how much a 275 30 protects the wheel
Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’m glad you were able to make that trip to Mexico!
Do you have any pictures of how square the tire is relative to the wheel? I’m planning on going 265 35 but it’d be cool to see how much a 275 30 protects the wheel
I can grab some photos.. but it will be a week or two since I'm out of town.

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
Went to my local dealer today (same dealer I bought the car from) and got quotes for a few different All Season UHP tires. All 3 quotes were for 265 35 19 tires and included a $140 alignment, which I would pass on.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus: $289.56 per tire, $1,431.19 installed
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4: $334.35 per tire, $1,610.35 installed
Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S+: $274.94 per tire, $1,372.71 installed

I think I’m going to go with the DWS 06. I asked if they would price match and they said they could potentially match or come close - I think the lowest I’ve seen is $273 per tire on TireRack, but i’ll keep looking.

~$1,250 out the door sounds nice. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the OEM PS4S.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Did you have Tire Rack put the TPMS sensors on too? I debated going OEM but figured it was easier to just have Tire Rack do the whole thing.

Tires come tomorrow, car comes in a couple of weeks!
Yes - I figured it was easiest this way, plus no charge for mounting. They ship with a cardboard disc covering the wheel and the tire rubber exposed - super low cost packaging!

Vivid Apex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 RSX Type-S, 2024 Integra Type-S
These look really good! Looking forward to seeing a pic of them on the car.

This is the set I ordered from Tire Rack today:
  • Vredstein Wintrac Pro XL, 235/40R18 - went narrower since we can get a lot of snow where I’m at
  • Sparco Record wheels, 18x8, black (nice deal since they’re on closeout)
They’ll probably be on the car in a month or so, so I’ll post pics then too.
I'm really interested to see this setup. I'm also planning on 18x8, +45 with a 235/40/18.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Nexen WinGuard 2 tires come in 265/35/r19 and are very cheap lol

Bad idea to mount a set of those tires to the factory wheels for winter? Little extra ground clearance, and dedicated snow tires.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
This is my first time having a performance vehicle with summer tires where I've actually kept the summer tires instead of swapping them out for UHP all seasons and running a dedicated winter set when it gets colder.

That said, I'm struggling to decide when to make the swap to winters because we're in this weird period where overnight temps will be in the upper 30s to low 40s and then it will warm up into the 50s during the day.

The internet says below 45 degrees consistently is when you'd want to swap to winters, but temps are on both sides of that just about every day now. All seasons would be fine, but my concern is how quickly the performance of the summer compound may drop along with potential damage to the tires.

I sometimes get out earlier in the morning so I could find myself on the road when it's in that upper 30s to low 40s temp range when I leave the house for the day but then I'll be driving home when temps are back up in the 50s too.

What do you all tend to do or what do you consider to be the threshold for swapping to winters?

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
I'll be running Enkei Raijin, 18 x 8, 42 offset. 235 40 18 Vredestein Wintrac Pro. Here's a trial fit pic. Clears no problem. Suspension isn't settled, I just lowered it to the ground after spinning wheel to check spoke clearances.
20230924_090200.jpg

I'll probably put them on when the lows are forecast below freezing or at the first threat of winter precip. Car is garaged and it takes weeks of lower than 30 before temps in there would drop below freezing at night.

Sponsored

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Still debating on dedicated wheels and snow tires or just getting all seasons... Can't make up my mind. The stock tires are already sketchy with temps dropping into the 50s and rainy. DWS06 are appealing for less than $1100 shipped.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still debating on dedicated wheels and snow tires or just getting all seasons... Can't make up my mind. The stock tires are already sketchy with temps dropping into the 50s and rainy. DWS06 are appealing for less than $1100 shipped.
Just my $0.02: Dedicated sets are worth it for FWD. Especially with a more performance-oriented car like the ITS.

You’ll get way better performance/fun in warmer weather and winter compound tires will help in cases where FWD may be lacking compared to having AWD. The improved grip/performance in cold weather, especially when it snows, is really fun in its own way too.

One of the biggest hassles, aside from cost, is deciding when to swap between the sets as the weather changes (which is the problem I’m working through now). You can hedge your bets a bit though by getting one of the newer tires that are advertised as true 4-season tires (like the Michelin CrossClimate2) or a winter performance tire made for owners of sportier cars (Vredstein Wintrac Pro or Pirelli Sottozero).

I’ve been doing a LOT of reading on this since I made my post yesterday and I’ve decided to err on the side of being more safe so I’m planning to swap to the Vredstein that I bought later today. I’ll post some updates/impressions on how they handle this transitional weather but from what I’ve read online, the Vredstein Wintrac Pros should do very well.

That said, I know the upfront costs of running a second set of wheels/tires aren’t appealing so I think people should do what works best for them, all things considered, as long as they aren’t making choices that put others at risk (e.g. running summer tires in conditions they aren’t designed for and putting others at risk, then I’d judge that pretty harshly).

Last edited:

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Just my $0.02: Dedicated sets are worth it for FWD. Especially with a more performance-oriented car like the ITS.

You’ll get way better performance/fun in warmer weather and winter compound tires will help in cases where FWD may be lacking compared to having AWD. The improved grip/performance in cold weather, especially when it snows, is really fun in its own way too.

One of the biggest hassles, aside from cost, is deciding when to swap between the sets as the weather changes (which is the problem I’m working through now). You can hedge your bets a bit though by getting one of the newer tires that are advertised as true 4-season tires (like the Michelin CrossClimate2) or a winter performance tire made for owners of sportier cars (Vredstein Wintrac Pro or Pirelli Sottozero).

I’ve been doing a LOT of reading on this since I made my post yesterday and I’ve decided to err on the side of being more safe so I’m planning to swap to the Vredstein that I bought later today. I’ll post some updates/impressions on how they handle this transitional weather but from what I’ve read online, the Vredstein Wintrac Pros should do very well.

That said, I know the upfront costs of running a second set of wheels/tires aren’t appealing so I think people should do what works best for them, all things considered, as long as they aren’t making choices that put others at risk (e.g. running summer tires in conditions they aren’t designed for and putting others at risk, then I’d judge that pretty harshly).
I 100% agree snows are the way to go if you are driving in inclement weather frequently. I've had a set in the past and it was a game changer. I'm just considering my own personal circumstances. I got away with using good all seasons the last 6 years on my previous car. Things have changed for myself with work and I have the option to work from home as needed so chances of having to actually drive in bad snow are even less now. Figured it makes more sense financially to swap out to all seasons for the winter and put the stock summer tires on when weather permits. I have a close friend who does my tires so it's not a huge hassle, plus gives me an excuse to go see him :)

sarspants

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RSX-S
I'll be running Enkei Raijin, 18 x 8, 42 offset. 235 40 18 Vredestein Wintrac Pro. Here's a trial fit pic. Clears no problem. Suspension isn't settled, I just lowered it to the ground after spinning wheel to check spoke clearances.
20230924_090200.jpg

I'll probably put them on when the lows are forecast below freezing or at the first threat of winter precip. Car is garaged and it takes weeks of lower than 30 before temps in there would drop below freezing at night.
I got the same setup (but with Continental Vikingcontacts in the same size). Saving me the hassle of checking fitment! Thanks!

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Swapped to the winter wheels/tires on as of this afternoon. Haven't done a swap in years. I think there'll be some muscles I don't use often that will be sore tomorrow. 😂

As a reminder, here's what I picked up from TireRack:
  • Vredstein Wintrac Pro tires - size 235/40R18
  • Sparco Record wheels in gloss back - size 18x8", +45 offset

Pic of car from the side with the swapped set (please pardon the dirtiness - it's been rainy and there's construction where I work and near home):
20231008_190243815_iOS.jpg

I personally think it looks good. Better than I expected it to, even!

Closer pics of the wheel/tire mounted (front, to show clearance of the larger brakes):
20231008_182416861_iOS.jpg

20231008_182420687_iOS.jpg

Pics to show fender clearance as best as I could (front, then rear):
20231008_213552150_iOS.jpg

20231008_213602975_iOS.jpg

I'll see how these tires do with this transitional weather and temperatures and report back just in case anyone's interested. I've never had "performance winter" tires before, so I expect these will do better in the dry and in relatively warm weather (for winter compound) compared to other winter tires I've had on other cars, though the real test will be in how they handle slow/slush/ice, of course.
Sponsored

Last edited: