Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

ek8ti

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
New here... thanks to this group I have a great idea of what I'm going to do. Just want your advice before I pull the trigger on a winter setup. Very similar to some recent posts, this is what I'm going to roll with:

Wheels: 18x8, either +45 or +35 offset. Not sure about color (bronze, black, or graphite).
Tires: 235/40 R18 (either Bridgestone Blizzak or Michellin X-Ice).

What do you think about the offset? Doing the math, if I go with +45, my tires/wheels will stick out 1.03mm more than the OEM set. If I go with +35, they'll stick out 11.03mm more. I think the +35 will give the care a meaner stance (which I like), but I'm just worried if I'm running any risk of the tires hitting the fender, etc..

Much appreciated in advance!
Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
New here... thanks to this group I have a great idea of what I'm going to do. Just want your advice before I pull the trigger on a winter setup. Very similar to some recent posts, this is what I'm going to roll with:

Wheels: 18x8, either +45 or +35 offset. Not sure about color (bronze, black, or graphite).
Tires: 235/40 R18 (either Bridgestone Blizzak or Michellin X-Ice).

What do you think about the offset? Doing the math, if I go with +45, my tires/wheels will stick out 1.03mm more than the OEM set. If I go with +35, they'll stick out 11.03mm more. I think the +35 will give the care a meaner stance (which I like), but I'm just worried if I'm running any risk of the tires hitting the fender, etc..

Much appreciated in advance!
Since it’s your winter setup 18x8” should be fine. Either of the tires you’ve chosen are good for winter performance. Your 40 sidewalls are a bit higher you’ll gain 1” or so overall diameter but shouldn’t be an issue if you didn’t lower the car a lot.

The non-oem offset has been spoken of extensively here. Handling will be different and torque steer. +45 is about the furthest you can deviate before drastic changes in handling. +35 will put you at the fender or just a bit further out and I can’t say for certain you won’t hit the fender on large bumps.

Overall if this winter setup is for you to take it easy and not go spirited driving it could be okay. Just keep note of that when there isn’t heavy snow or ice around. Otherwise you’ll want to stick to what Acura designed for when you want spirited driving in the winter months

ek8ti

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since it’s your winter setup 18x8” should be fine. Either of the tires you’ve chosen are good for winter performance. Your 40 sidewalls are a bit higher you’ll gain 1” or so overall diameter but shouldn’t be an issue if you didn’t lower the car a lot.

The non-oem offset has been spoken of extensively here. Handling will be different and torque steer. +45 is about the furthest you can deviate before drastic changes in handling. +35 will put you at the fender or just a bit further out and I can’t say for certain you won’t hit the fender on large bumps.

Overall if this winter setup is for you to take it easy and not go spirited driving it could be okay. Just keep note of that when there isn’t heavy snow or ice around. Otherwise you’ll want to stick to what Acura designed for when you want spirited driving in the winter months
Much appreciated... I didn't think about hitting bumps and the tire rising up into the fender. Knowing that, I'm now confident in choosing the +45 offset.

As far as wheel height is concerned, I've maintained that perfectly. The stock 19" wheels and the 265/30 R19 have a height of 25.3". 18" wheels with 235/40/ R18 tires results in a height of 25.4" (a 0.4% deviation from the stock height). Here's a helpful tool I've found (that I suspect many are already aware of): https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I also went with 18x8 +45 wheels (sparco podio) with 245/40/18 tires (vredestein wintrac pro) which i think should do well for winter.

sarspants

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RSX-S
I'm planning on Enkei Raijin 18x8 +42 with a set of 235/40/18 Continental Vikingcontact 7.

Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Much appreciated... I didn't think about hitting bumps and the tire rising up into the fender. Knowing that, I'm now confident in choosing the +45 offset.

As far as wheel height is concerned, I've maintained that perfectly. The stock 19" wheels and the 265/30 R19 have a height of 25.3". 18" wheels with 235/40/ R18 tires results in a height of 25.4" (a 0.4% deviation from the stock height). Here's a helpful tool I've found (that I suspect many are already aware of): https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Thank you!
Good call. Sorry I was just looking at the sidewall. But if overall diameter is that close you should be good to go. With +45mm offset you going to pick up mudguards? Wheels further out it’s possible you’ll be kicking up more debris onto your side door panels and rock salt they drop on the roads during winter.

Cto

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G01 X3
I am looking at Superspeed 18 x 9.5 for Winter.
What tire size do you guys recommend?
1) 245/40/18
2) 255/40/18
3) 255/35/18
4) 265/35/18

ek8ti

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am looking at Superspeed 18 x 9.5 for Winter.
What tire size do you guys recommend?
1) 245/40/18
2) 255/40/18
3) 255/35/18
4) 265/35/18
Integra Type S aside, a low profile tire for winter driving is not recommended. Additionally, a narrower tire is better (more surface pressure on the road, and do better in loose snow and slush). The best option you've provided is 245/40 R18. I'd also seriously consider 18x8 wheels. Just as a reference point, Wheelsco (link below) has winter packages available with Superspeed wheels and they are pairing them with 235/40 R18 tires.

https://wheelsco.ca/collections/acura-winter-package/products/acuinttswp

Last edited:

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here's what they look like in person. Not quite ready to put them on yet but I'll post a picture in about a month

20230920_143750.jpg
These look really good! Looking forward to seeing a pic of them on the car.

This is the set I ordered from Tire Rack today:
  • Vredstein Wintrac Pro XL, 235/40R18 - went narrower since we can get a lot of snow where I’m at
  • Sparco Record wheels, 18x8, black (nice deal since they’re on closeout)
They’ll probably be on the car in a month or so, so I’ll post pics then too.

Sponsored

sarspants

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RSX-S
Here's what they look like in person. Not quite ready to put them on yet but I'll post a picture in about a month

20230920_143750.jpg
Did you have Tire Rack put the TPMS sensors on too? I debated going OEM but figured it was easier to just have Tire Rack do the whole thing.

Tires come tomorrow, car comes in a couple of weeks!

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
275/30/19 dws06 plus installed by dealer. Maybe in the future I will get a set of summer wheels. Anyone want the PS4S tires with 2k miles?

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
275/30/19 dws06 plus installed by dealer. Maybe in the future I will get a set of summer wheels. Anyone want the PS4S tires with 2k miles?
Somebody reported high vibration at highway speeds with these tires. How has your experience been? Also thinking of ordering these through my dealer

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Somebody reported high vibration at highway speeds with these tires. How has your experience been? Also thinking of ordering these through my dealer
Not as smooth as the Michelins. They feel firmer but it could be the air pressure, I haven't checked to see what the dealer filled them with. Also the increased payload could be playing into part of it. I only hit about a buck ten following a M2 after getting them put on.
Sponsored