Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So my DWS 06 has a bad vibration at higher speeds... Guess I'll be calling the dealer. Not sure if they could fix this or not

Yato

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon
So my DWS 06 has a bad vibration at higher speeds... Guess I'll be calling the dealer. Not sure if they could fix this or not
Well that’s concerning. Just had my dealer order a set lol.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I haven't had a chance to take photos yet but I've been very happy with my DWS 06 Plus over the last couple of days.

They grip better than I was expecting in the wet (drove in heavy rain yesterday) and the car was actually fun to drive in the rain compared to stock where it struggles for traction. Dry grip isn't as good as the PS4S but definitely better in cold temps.

265/30/19 installed on OEM Integra Type S wheels.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Well that’s concerning. Just had my dealer order a set lol.
Did you get a super deal with the dealer?...they usually over charge for every thing I would never think to purchase tires from...jmho

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Never noticed it with the PS4S
Did it suddenly develop/develop over time or you just never had it in a situation to notice the vibration (e.g., never had it over 60 and that's where you notice it?)

Tough to think it's anything related to the tires themselves. Continental is a top tier brand, the DWS06 is a performance all season and lots of us have had them on our cars with no issues. Expectations should be set at a faulty balance but curious to see how things turn out.

Did you get a super deal with the dealer?...they usually over charge for every thing I would never think to purchase tires from...jmho
I generally don't trust random tire stores to touch my cars, so have had the dealers swap out my tires the last several years. The dealer I used actually just used tirerack, and that's the cost they passed along to me. I think most dealers would rather take the labor costs than try to fleece you on parts for tires but nothing surprises me with some dealers.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I
Did it suddenly develop/develop over time or you just never had it in a situation to notice the vibration (e.g., never had it over 60 and that's where you notice it?)

Tough to think it's anything related to the tires themselves. Continental is a top tier brand, the DWS06 is a performance all season and lots of us have had them on our cars with no issues. Expectations should be set at a faulty balance but curious to see how things turn out.

I generally don't trust random tire stores to touch my cars, so have had the dealers swap out my tires the last several years. The dealer I used actually just used tirerack, and that's the cost they passed along to me. I think most dealers would rather take the labor costs than try to fleece you on parts for tires but nothing surprises me with some dealers.
TS definitely strange. Seemed to ride better today. Did a 3rd and 4th gear pull for my tune. So hit 110 and not as bad as yesterday. Hopefully I can do another on ramp pull this evening and see how things are.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
ITS definitely strange. Seemed to ride better today. Did a 3rd and 4th gear pull for my tune. So hit 110 and not as bad as yesterday. Hopefully I can do another on ramp pull this evening and see how things are.
Didn't someone else try to run DWS 06's and run into a vibration issue pretty early on? I don't think you're the first.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Didn't someone else try to run DWS 06's and run into a vibration issue pretty early on? I don't think you're the first.
Yeah. Slim Pickens with our tire size. Hopefully Michelin will expand their PS A/S 4 product line.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah. Slim Pickens with our tire size. Hopefully Michelin will expand their PS A/S 4 product line.
I'm as much a fan of Michelin as anyone, but let's get some definitive evidence that DWS06 are defective before stuffing them in a locker, right?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
So I'm finding the Internet generally says to stop running summer tires when the air temperature drops below 45, and that's what's expected here in Ohio starting Tuesday, but it's Ohio and we could be back into the 60's by the end of next week... or ankle deep in snow.... or it could flood... it's Ohio.

Part of this is laziness, and part of this is concern that I'm going to ruin winter tires by running them too early, but I suppose I could ruin summer tires by running them too cold...

What am I supposed to do?

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
I generally don't trust random tire stores to touch my cars, so have had the dealers swap out my tires the last several years. The dealer I used actually just used tirerack, and that's the cost they passed along to me. I think most dealers would rather take the labor costs than try to fleece you on parts for tirs but nothing surprises me with some dealers.
Yeah I only take my wheels and tires in never the car..I have a couple local spots that road force balance ..its work so far...Also a tirerack distro center about 20 miles from the house.. so I save a couple $$ with pickup..

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I'm finding the Internet generally says to stop running summer tires when the air temperature drops below 45, and that's what's expected here in Ohio starting Tuesday, but it's Ohio and we could be back into the 60's by the end of next week... or ankle deep in snow.... or it could flood... it's Ohio.

Part of this is laziness, and part of this is concern that I'm going to ruin winter tires by running them too early, but I suppose I could ruin summer tires by running them too cold...

What am I supposed to do?
There's a lot of mindshare on this topic, and without a scientific study you're going to run into lots of opinions. That said since you asked, I'm of the mind that the concept of damaging tires when it's cold out is based more on the side of "you can strip off your enamel by brushing your teeth too much"... sure, it's possible but you'd have to be pretty extreme to get to a point where it mattered.

My personal take on it is born through experience. I've driven a high performance, rear-wheel drive car on PS4S when it was only 53 degrees, but also gently raining. When I almost drifted into a curb in a roundabout, I decided that I was going to go ahead and park that shit. I've either left my cars parked until it's 55 and sunny or swapped to all-seasons or winters since then.

Front-drive helps but only so much... this particular RWD car was also rear-engined so extra weight on the tires and had 305s on the back. Still a Code Brown moment.

In other words, you're probably fine in cold-ish temps as long as it isn't damp out. If it is, you're going to have to exercise extreme caution- or just get ahead of it and get proper tires on your car ASAP.

edit- also as for ruining tires, I recall someone (think it was tirerack.com...) ran a test where they went to an autocross with winter tires. They did quite well actually, and the tires themselves not only survived but really weren't too much worse for the wear relative to even summer performance tires. I don't think it's too much of a concern.

edit2- it was Road and Track- https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/videos/a5604/winter-tires-track-tested/
Sponsored

Last edited: