Sponsored

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I had a minor accident on a motorcycle when I was a child and never have the courage to be on one again. Plus my wife would never let me drive or ride in one.
Sorry to hear that! It was a cheeky suggestion at most.

One thought I had is if you’re going to spend $120k on a daily is get an M5. They are rockets. Then you can justify the ITS since it’s smaller and manual!

It all adds up, the logic is flawless lol
Sponsored

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I tried that, not for me. I'm literally scared lol.

(Not mine, but exactly what I had back in a previous life)

1703810174818.png
yeah sport bikes are ridiculous, I think you had a normal reaction. I’ve got a naked bike but it’s not a sports bike by any means

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
Sorry to hear that! It was a cheeky suggestion at most.

One thought I had is if you’re going to spend $120k on a daily is get an M5. They are rockets. Then you can justify the ITS since it’s smaller and manual!

It all adds up, the logic is flawless lol
M5 is awesome but the size may be a little too big for my need. It’s funny that I put a deposit for an RS3 but I was number 36 in their waiting list at the beginning of December. I then turned my attention to the M2 but it was too small and only two doors. And then I looked at the M3 and luckily a dealer about 2 hours from me had one in stock because the original person that ordered it cancelled. So I drove there, checked it out, negotiated to MSRP and drove home with it. So happy with this decision until maybe when the Audi dealership calls and tells me that my RS3 is in production….:)

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Been mia bc everytime I log onto here I end up buying something new lol.

Oem splash guards and prl intake (k&n drop in filter) installed.

If anyone got these in their line up and need help/advice with the install, by all means just hit me up (pm).

20231218_134049.jpg

20231218_133858.jpg

20231218_141332.jpg

Where did you order the intake from? I don't see a proper release on prl's website yet 🤔

Sponsored

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where did you order the intake from? I don't see a proper release on prl's website yet 🤔
PRL has not launched their HVI for FL5/DE5 until sometime early next year. The intake that was mentioned was a drop-in. Here are the options from PRL:

Drop-in filter only:
https://prlmotorsports.com/products...ir-filter-upgrade?_pos=8&_fid=486bd6618&_ss=c

Stage 1 intake system:
https://prlmotorsports.com/products...-1-intake-system?_pos=22&_fid=486bd6618&_ss=c

I used the stage 1 system and noticed some intake sounds from it but no performance.

K&N and Spoon also have a similar product. Generally the drop in filter that fots the Civic Type R FL5 will fit our ITS.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
first, on topic. I'm getting some Continental DWS06+ in stock size put onto my car today. 40* and damp roads will be a good time to compare them to the 4Ss which were quite slippery on the way over here.

now to discuss this M3 stuff ... lol

i was all over the M3 boards talking about "there's no way they'll actually send those grills to production, they're horrible... they're trolling us" and then i hated them for a while. when i saw the CS in black i really wanted it. it wasn't somethign i was pining for but a local dealership had one for sale and i jumped on it (they weren't selling out of the local area). it's definitely a polarzing car but it's WAY better than a lot of the "it feels like crap" comments would suggest. it's much heavier and disconnected than the ITS but it's still very precise, has far more luxury feel (those carbon buckets are the biggest thing i miss) and the power and grip was absurd. it was on some R-comp-ish tires from the factory which definitely played a role. the price was an example of diminishing returns for sure. if i get another G80 it'll probably be a competition and keep it alongside the ITS to retain manual enjoyment.

The M3 is a downsized M5 rather than a sports car. The M3 feels much more playful than any 5 series ... and the ITS much more playful than than the M3. The playfulness is really apprecaited around town at lower speeds. That's where the M3, M5, GT4, C8 Z06 don't really add much. I can have just as much (or more) fun in an Si or ITS under 50mph. I had the M3CS alongside a 718 GT4 and even though they were very different, the M3 still gave me many of the thrills that i found in the GT4 (felt and looked special, fast, onramps were great fun, made some fun sounds [neither had great exhausts, GT4 was the coolest sounding car INSIDE with all the engine sounds in your ear], super confident on track and kept up with or passed my buddy in his Z/28, my main goal *lol*). Yes, there are obvious differences but when the goal is just to have a good time, the M3 delivers pretty well. The M3 can go hair-on-fire fast, then calm down and you can run errands with the family also ... something i couldn't do in the GT4. For that purpose, i think the G80 is still one of the most capable all rounders out there ... but not the most fun.

The ITS is very much a lighter, more playful M3.

Now if i could find a way to get those M3 buckets into my ITS ... (and yes, they were better than the porsche carbon buckets imo on street and track ... more thigh support and still had some adjustability for comfort and heated!)

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
first, on topic. I'm getting some Continental DWS06+ in stock size put onto my car today. 40* and damp roads will be a good time to compare them to the 4Ss which were quite slippery on the way over here.

i was all over the M3 boards talking about "there's no way they'll actually send those grills to production, they're horrible... they're trolling us" and then i hated them for a while. when i saw the CS in black i really wanted it. it wasn't somethign i was pining for but a local dealership had one for sale and i jumped on it (they weren't selling out of the local area). it's definitely a polarzing car but it's WAY better than a lot of the "it feels like crap" comments would suggest. it's much heavier and disconnected than the ITS but it's still very precise, has far more luxury feel (those carbon buckets are the biggest thing i miss) and the power and grip was absurd. it was on some R-comp-ish tires from the factory which definitely played a role. the price was an example of diminishing returns for sure. if i get another G80 it'll probably be a competition and keep it alongside the ITS to retain manual enjoyment.

The M3 is a downsized M5 rather than a sports car. The M3 feels much more playful than any 5 series ... and the ITS much more playful than than the M3. The playfulness is really apprecaited around town at lower speeds. That's where the M3, M5, GT4, C8 Z06 don't really add much. I can have just as much (or more) fun in an Si or ITS under 50mph. I had the M3CS alongside a 718 GT4 and even though they were very different, the M3 still gave me many of the thrills that i found in the GT4 (felt and looked special, fast, onramps were great fun, made some fun sounds [neither had great exhausts, GT4 was the coolest sounding car INSIDE with all the engine sounds in your ear], super confident on track and kept up with or passed my buddy in his Z/28, my main goal *lol*). Yes, there are obvious differences but when the goal is just to have a good time, the M3 delivers pretty well. The M3 can go hair-on-fire fast, then calm down and you can run errands with the family also ... something i couldn't do in the GT4. For that purpose, i think the G80 is still one of the most capable all rounders out there ... but not the most fun.

Now if i could find a way to get those M3 buckets into my ITS ... (and yes, they were better than the porsche carbon buckets imo on street and track ... more thigh support and still had some adjustability for comfort and heated!)
Love your feedback and experiences. And so true on the seats!!!

And to add to your plan for the Continental DWS06+. While I kept the Michelin 4S on my ITS, I changed the M3 tires to the Continental DWS06+. I found them really good for comfort and noise. I have driven them through some rains here in GA and felt grippy and confident. So I am debating if I need to also change the ITS to Continental DWS06+. Right now I am only driving the ITS when the temperature is 45' or over so it really limits my fun drive time!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

I agree pretty much with everything, and as mentioned earlier the looks aren't as bad as I originally felt, especially with the CS... but the thought of paying that much for a car that I would literally feel envy of pulling next to the older generation made me sick to my stomach. It's just hilariously overpriced.

Downsized M5 is a fair statement- by modern standards. I'm pretty confident that the G80 M3 is probably significantly LARGER than even a F10 M5, or at least as large (too lazy to look it up...). The engineering probably hides the weight and dimensions a bit but TBH I thought that my F82 felt bloated (relative to an E36 and E92 I had previously). The concept and dimensions of the M5 never appealed to me back in the 00s and 10s, it doesn't appeal to me now lol. I'm sure it's great for those who want a large sedan that is uber fast and like you said, "takes off-ramps" well... but in my humble opinion it's about the farthest thing from a sports car you can get... so I'd rather actually have a sporty SUV to fill that use case. So IMO the Macan GTS is better than any current sports sedan on the market...

I put my money where my mouth is and bought one- it's my wife's but I can drive it whenever I want!

As for the seats I actually touched on this topic in another thread but probably worthy covering here just in case they pique someone's interest and I can get a good review out of them- but I'm looking hard at aftermarket options. The Bride Euroster II is currently at the top of my list:

1703868223237.png

I think the buckets in the new M cars are really cool; haven't sat in them but they look AMAZING... but one thing people complain about with the M2 is that it is TERRIBLE to drive in those seats with a manual due to the little "crotch bump" thing that I have no idea why it's there leading to squashing and chafing of sensitive areas. In that sense, maybe leave those seats out of your list of options for the ITS lol.

Love your feedback and experiences. And so true on the seats!!!

And to add to your plan for the Continental DWS06+. While I kept the Michelin 4S on my ITS, I changed the M3 tires to the Continental DWS06+. I found them really good for comfort and noise. I have driven them through some rains here in GA and felt grippy and confident. So I am debating if I need to also change the ITS to Continental DWS06+. Right now I am only driving the ITS when the temperature is 45' or over so it really limits my fun drive time!
I'd recommend against swapping to the Contis in your instance, FWIW. It's a lot of cost and hassle just to get a few more opportunities to drive. They're great don't get me wrong, but since it's not your primary car and Georgia temps shouldn't be that terrible relative to most other locations, it's probably overkill unless you've just got money to burn. If that's the case slap them on the OEM wheels and get aftermarket wheels for the summer. And 200 TW tires while you're at it!

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
PRL has not launched their HVI for FL5/DE5 until sometime early next year. The intake that was mentioned was a drop-in. Here are the options from PRL:

Drop-in filter only:
https://prlmotorsports.com/products...ir-filter-upgrade?_pos=8&_fid=486bd6618&_ss=c

Stage 1 intake system:
https://prlmotorsports.com/products...-1-intake-system?_pos=22&_fid=486bd6618&_ss=c

I used the stage 1 system and noticed some intake sounds from it but no performance.

K&N and Spoon also have a similar product. Generally the drop in filter that fots the Civic Type R FL5 will fit our ITS.
Jan/Feb for HVI intake to be available as of last week.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Did just a few things. Changed the oil & rotated tires. PRL Turbo inlet pipe & turbo blanket. StickerFab drl overlays, CF fuse box & wireless charger cover, shift knob & painted bezel - not really happy with finish, just piano black Hyperdip with a gold “S” - think I’ll just use the SEL trim ultra black in the spring on it. Got a cool dash cam for Christmas!

Still need to get 27won FSB & RV6 RSB on with the rigid collars.

IMG_1141.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg

IMG_1123.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_0795.jpeg

IMG_0786.jpeg

Last edited:

gohan408

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS / S2K
your car looks great. Is there any noticeable sound difference with the turbo pipe?