Sponsored

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Good work! They look really nice. So, in the end was there something you missed on the front bumper? Did you just need to tug a little harder or have two people?
I saw a video AFTER I did mine, as it turns out I just needed to pull harder as there are tabs that runs along the inside front middle portion which the installation manual fails to mention.

Oh well, at least it's doable without removing the entire thing if you have small to medium sized hands. But if you drop the little screws, you'll need to remove bumper to find it.

If you were installing the illuminated version, then for sure need to remove it all to run the power wire and additional drilling that's required.
Sponsored

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Drove it to the auto show where I finally got to sit in an FL5. Late bloomer over here. Seats were equally comfortable just different and FL5 shift knob ìs a better size than DE5 even with my small hands. Everyone gripes about all the useless missing features on our cars I couldn't care less about and now all I want are the cool gauges and performance data in the FL5 center screen. Comparison truly is a thief of joy, sigh.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Drove it to the auto show where I finally got to sit in an FL5. Late bloomer over here. Seats were equally comfortable just different and FL5 shift knob ìs a better size than DE5 even with my small hands. Everyone gripes about all the useless missing features on our cars I couldn't care less about and now all I want are the cool gauges and performance data in the FL5 center screen. Comparison truly is a thief of joy, sigh.
Yes! Has to be a way to get that gauge screen in the ITS Has too.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Yes! Has to be a way to get that gauge screen in the ITS Has too.
I'll start by putting a "+R" sticker on the blank button next to the shifter. Maybe that'll get them to appear.

Brodgo27

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
As promised. pretty easy install. I did have to re-center it a few times.

holding the flat bottom feels better than the perforated leather imo.

4F63FB7E-3B7A-48F9-8773-3F9424924AA7.jpeg
IMG_0952.jpeg
IMG_0958.jpeg
Did you have to get an alignment after install? I’ve installed aftermarket wheels before and it’s never centered till after alignment.

Sponsored

PicklesTheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
992 Carrera S, Integra Type S
Finally got my NE24 mounted, still waiting on the center caps.

1000021266.jpg
1000021267.jpg

Also, has the shop install the FL5 rigid collars and PRL rear motor mount. The car is actually quieter and smoother on the freeway, makes no sense at all. Should call those magic collar instead.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

1000021266.jpg
1000021267.jpg

Also, has the shop install the FL5 rigid collars and PRL rear motor mount. The car is actually quieter and smoother on the freeway, makes no sense at all. Should call those magic collar instead.
Well.. you could have bought the off brand ones

Screenshot_20240126-155550.png

Sponsored

gohan408

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS / S2K

1000021266.jpg
1000021267.jpg

The DE5/FL5 chassis is pretty rigid from the factory, Im surprised you felt something. It made huge difference in my s2k (being a 20 year old car).

PicklesTheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
992 Carrera S, Integra Type S
The DE5/FL5 chassis is pretty rigid from the factory, Im surprised you felt something. It made huge difference in my s2k (being a 20 year old car).
I found a bunch of very positive feedback for the FK8 and FL5 so I figure there's nothing to loose throwing them on, pleasantly suprised for sure.

Actually if you think about it, the stiffer the chassie the more of the forces is transfered to the slop between the chassie and the subframe. I did have a creaking sound if i crank the steering wheel while parked before. That is gone now.

gohan408

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS / S2K
I found a bunch of very positive feedback for the FK8 and FL5 so I figure there's nothing to loose throwing them on, pleasantly suprised for sure.

Actually if you think about it, the stiffer the chassie the more of the forces is transfered to the slop between the chassie and the subframe. I did have a creaking sound if i crank the steering wheel while parked before. That is gone now.
Thats cool man, I wasnt going to do it based on Gridzilla’s experience but I guess everyone “butt dyno” is different lol.