bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S, 1981 Trans Am (78 clone)
Hello Everyone,

I just got my 2024 Type-S, I wanted to start my builders thread for those wondering what a not so modified build would look like as well as document my buying experience.

The dealer I worked with is Acura Columbus in Dublin, Ohio. I paid MSRP and the only additional accessories I got were the all season floor mats, trunk mat and wheel locks. I have been busy working, the dealer kept in touch via txt messaging which really made things convenient. Greg Brown was my salesman, awesome guy and was honest with me during the process - they may not of ever got exactly what I wanted (blue with black interior) but when they did he contacted me right away. He kept in touch with me since Summer of last year when I said I wanted a type-s but wouldn't be a buyer until after the holidays due to the crazy markup going on at the time.

Luckily the weather here in Ohio was in the low 60's and Sunny this Friday (Feb 9), great weather to drive the car home.

First impressions:

Shifter is awesome! Clutch is normal in my opinion, it's right where you want engagement and not heavy. Rowing gears is precise, exactly how I remember my 2007 Si after I got the 3rd gear problem fixed (service bulletin fix at the time). Having driven a 2000 Trans Am with the t-56, this has that nearly the same feeling that you feel when you are literally connected to the transmission, I know this car is cable driven which is impressive. It's definitely the best cable driven shifter but still not quite the same as literally directly connected to the transmission but sure close. A 5th Gen Camaro has linkage and does not feel this good. The shifter feels high, it could be lowered about 1" which would shorten the throw. That may be a mod I try in the coming months.

Rev matching is going to make me change my driving technique and I am not sure I want to change. It's great when accelerating, but when going into a stop light I am wasting gas for sure. I like to pick the gear I want as I slow down into an intersection, ready to release the clutch at any moment. Perhaps I was the only one taught to drive a manual like this, but keeping it in the wrong gear or neutral feels wrong to me when I know at any moment what gear I will need at that speed, yet I don't need the engine spinning up until I let off the clutch.

Handling is awesome. Literally I only want sport+ and comfort. Comfort for when in a bumpy area or highway driving. This is definitely setup for someone like me in mind, my civic days are over I want the refinement.

Suede seats are awesome, and I feel great in them but on a longer highway cruise I like to move around every so often and the suede against jeans makes this hard to do. Nothing bad about the seats just a habit I need to adjust for this car.

Steering wheel is slippery, I totally get what folks are saying on this forum. I may also want to get a different steering wheel though at 10/2 the grip is fine, it's only across the top that I notice the slippery grip.

I don't like the shiny piano black trim around the shifter that is changing this summer.

Not happy about the Honda Linkcswrup in this car, the first mod is to install the 2023 Accord rear view mirror - going in as soon as it arrives next week.

Yesterday I drove in the rain, car also handles great but wow she got dirty fast. The mud guards are a must on this car, and will be an addition I get sometime this spring.

Driving at night the headlights are great. I know some folks wish it had fog lights, I don't think that is necessary.

Gripes, but I knew this buying the car: wish it has a sunroof, drivers 2 seat memory, and rear middle seat (for the armrest for the kids). Otherwise this car is perfect.
Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Nice! Welcome to the team. I'm not going crazy on this car either.

Get the overland designs center console wrapped in alcantara. it's awesome!

Enjoy the new ride.

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the Overland Designs website bookmarked!

Mods planned so far:
* 2023-24 Accord rear view mirror
* overland designs center console cover
* Mud guards
* 18" wheels with all season tires for Ohio winters
* Unlock the computer for future hondata tuning
* Take the wheels off and remove the rotors set screws before they become harder to remove years later (not quite a mod, more forward thinking perhaps)

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Congrats, you got the car I wanted!

Also worked with Greg at Acura Columbus. Settled for another color because I figured I could wait quite a long time for one specific combination. I guess I should take some solace in the fact that I got it before the price increase. But I really would have preferred blue/black.

Reactions: RMA
OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ironically, the 18” black Helo rims on the 2000 Trans Am may have been perfect winter wheels if they had all season or winter tires on them, though I think the profile was slightly off 245/40R18. Those Halo rims had either a 35mm or 42mm offset. I don't think those wheels would look right on the Integra though. I am looking at getting Drag DR-67 black rims with 30mm offset paired with 235/40R18 all season tires in the late fall for Winter driving.

I wonder how a snowflake wheel would look on an Integra, but the weight of those aluminum wheels is insane, not worth the squeeze even if it looked good on the car.

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First modification completed within 1 week of ownership: 2023/24 Accord rear view mirror with Homelink (garage door openers) swapped in. This is definitely something that should have been installed in our cars. This mirror is heavier, perhaps a pound heavier - perhaps that is why we got what we got? A non auto-dimming mirror would have weighed even less though. I would love to know the Acura logic on this one, same with the lack of memory drivers seat.

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
Hey Bandit,

You might already know this, but rev match can be turned off.

I figure I don't want it - I went through all this to get a manual, it doesn't make sense to me to then go back in the direction of an auto or CVT.

Have fun!

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Blek le Roc Thanks! I don't know how to do that yet, one of these days I will read the manual and snoop through the menus. I figured I would give it a month before I turn it off as I have read that others end up liking it after they get used to it. I can see the advantage when racing, but I am more a "cruising enthusiastically" kind of driver if that makes sense. We have snow (and salt) on the roads now, keeping her in the garage until further notice. :)

Silver_Slug

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS on order
Great dealer! Same place I got mine. No games, straightforward information and purchase!

Congratulations on the purchase.

Sponsored

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Congrats, you got the car I wanted!

Also worked with Greg at Acura Columbus. Settled for another color because I figured I could wait quite a long time for one specific combination. I guess I should take some solace in the fact that I got it before the price increase. But I really would have preferred blue/black.
I saw that $1,000 bump in MSRP too. I am not sure when it happened, but I am happy to have locked in my deal July 2023 and then picked it up in January. Congrats and welcome!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I turned off rev matching, glad I did but totally understand if you are new to manual transmissions it would be helpful.

The driving modes are interesting, I am finding I either want sport+ or comfort modes. In individual mode I have everything in sport+ mode except handling, I put that in sport.

When I start the car I would like the default to be my individual mode, not sure if I can achieve that but at the moment it appears to use sport mode when previous in sport or sport+, and comfort mode when previously in comfort.

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
Do you have the part # for the Accord mirror you bought? How difficult was the install? Just plug and play or was there additional wiring required? My only gripe about these cars is the lack of Homelink.

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It is not plug and play. You need to split both mirrors apart to swap over the stalk from your integra to the Accord mirror then re-assemble. While you have it apart you can easily splice the yellow wire to the red, or if you wanted the mirror to be like factory you could run a wire to tap into the fuse box that gets constant power (yellow wire). I went the easy route and spliced and as others have said its better as your car needs to be on for the garage door opener to work. With patience and all the parts on a kitchen table the job can be done between 45 minutes and 4 hours, depending on your experience with these things. I took about 2 - 1/2 hours to do mine, the 2nd one I do i bet i can get it done in 46 minutes. Check out the "Retrofit Honda Civic Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink" thead, this link is where I left my comments and photos I took: https://www.integraforums.com/forum...ng-mirror-w-homelink.50656/page-2#post-850329 Accord 2023+ mirror is exactly the same style as our factory mirror plus the homelink buttons. part number 08V03-3A0-100
Sponsored