Sponsored

Would you buy this ITS?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm trying to relate, but coming up short. Removing all sense of bias and "specialness" about this car in particular... 125 miles, especially including the 40 miles you know were put on it from transportation, is not a significant amount on a new car. I'm pretty puzzled about your whole "55 test drives" thing... in what universe is a test drive only 1-2 miles? I've put 30+ miles on a car during a test drive myself, and didn't feel like it was a particularly long test drive...

The long and short of it is you are way overthinking things. A car is not going to be ruined in the first 125 miles unless we are talking SEVERE abuse. And you'll have a warranty for 4 years to deal with that even if that actually happened... it even seems that the dealer is willing to capitulate by offering a few bucks off MSRP. Come to think of it, I haven't heard of anyone getting UNDER MSRP on one of these... some like to brag about "accessories thrown in" or whatever, but I have yet to hear of anyone getting an actual discount. I know the market is actively shifting as we speak but that's not to be taken lightly. Many folks on these boards paid well over MSRP and probably had a few miles on them as well.

I'm not suggesting that you ignore a strong sense of unease- trust your gut above any stranger on a forum, for sure. But also, I know this is a great car and all and you're treating yourself to it, but... let's all remind ourselves that it ain't a Ferrari. If you don't buy it, someone else assuredly will. And they won't think twice about it having a few dozen miles on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Seems like a bit of making a mountain out of a mole hill here. I’m curious, did the dealer disclose the mileage before they did the dealer trade for you? And is this dealer one you want to actually form a relationship with for service, etc.?
No he didn't, this is the thing, if he had just called and run it by me I would have told him to not bother, there are other examples with fewer miles all around me.

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
OP, nothing wrong with negotiating, but taking big swings on a single low volume car is likely to get you no where. They are not going to take 1K or more profit loss on this, just ain't happening. I wouldn't do it if it was me, and if *you* were in sales with this car and market you would not either.

If you really want 10mi or less, and you are entitled to want that, then this is not the car for you.

Its a low volume car, and if they offered $250 off given MSRP is typical (sometimes more), that's a gift IMHO for 100mi or so on the odo.

At MSRP, its just one car, its not padding huge $ in anyones pocket. Its not going to be on the lot more then 30 days, someone else will buy it.

If you want to counter, I personally wouldn't go past $500 off, or better yet if there are accessories you want, ask for them at cost (not really a loss to the sale vs. 500 off the sale)

The car is already broken in: it was broken in during the first mile in terms of most of the break in wear...from there, just drive it. Going to a 30m track session with < 500 miles on it, sure...that's not great. But street driving is nothing.

I happened to get my ITS a few weeks ago and it just came off the truck. This was coincidence/luck...and even so, the 10mi on it, I have zero idea what they were, and I suspect a few redline shifts were in there from porters or whoever. Its *unavoidable*.

I lose zero sleep over it as its the exact car I wanted, and I will DILISI for the next 10 years I hope :)

Best of luck!

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I'm trying to relate, but coming up short. Removing all sense of bias and "specialness" about this car in particular... 125 miles, especially including the 40 miles you know were put on it from transportation, is not a significant amount on a new car. I'm pretty puzzled about your whole "55 test drives" thing... in what universe is a test drive only 1-2 miles? I've put 30+ miles on a car during a test drive myself, and didn't feel like it was a particularly long test drive...

The long and short of it is you are way overthinking things. A car is not going to be ruined in the first 125 miles unless we are talking SEVERE abuse. And you'll have a warranty for 4 years to deal with that even if that actually happened... it even seems that the dealer is willing to capitulate by offering a few bucks off MSRP. Come to think of it, I haven't heard of anyone getting UNDER MSRP on one of these... some like to brag about "accessories thrown in" or whatever, but I have yet to hear of anyone getting an actual discount. I know the market is actively shifting as we speak but that's not to be taken lightly. Many folks on these boards paid well over MSRP and probably had a few miles on them as well.

I'm not suggesting that you ignore a strong sense of unease- trust your gut above any stranger on a forum, for sure. But also, I know this is a great car and all and you're treating yourself to it, but... let's all remind ourselves that it ain't a Ferrari. If you don't buy it, someone else assuredly will. And they won't think twice about it having a few dozen miles on it.
I think I came too this conclusion over night.
I struggle with anxiety, sometimes my head will run away with things.
This hit me all wrong and set me off, but after really thinking about it, I don't think there is anything to worry about although I am still bummed by the miles, being I am not going to be doing this again anytime soon I really was looking forward to hearing it had 12 or 14 miles on it.
But at the end of the day, I think it will be alright.
I'm going to ask for a few accessories to help me swallow it, and see what happens.
I could find another car, did actually at another dealer but it would involve a lot to change it for the loan and then going to get it, etc..
I am feeling a lot better about the 124 miles, so we will see.

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Ok, but how do you know that?

If they drove it 40 miles to get it for me, that leaves about 75 miles unaccounted for.
My thinking is either they did 55 test drives or someone tool the car home or they used it as a loaner, either way, raises a lot of questions.

Believe me it would so easy for me to take this car, and it is perfect otherwise and ready to go, But I just don't feel great about it, I hate the unknown and plus, I don't need a car, I am buying this as a reward to myself I always wanted a brand new Honda or Acura I could break in myself and own, and this kind of ruins that for me.

If people have been using it, then it is not a new car.
I would love for you to talk me into it, lol it would make my life easier, But I just don't know if I can feel good about it or not.

I'm, going to go look at the car in person Friday, and make up my mind then.

In the meantime, I contacted 5 other dealers and explained the situation, if any of them come up with a car with 20 miles or less in the color I want and can match the price, I think I will just buy that car.
I'm all set at the bank, pre approved, got my down payment etc... so all that is left now is to find the right car.
I saved up 17k$ for a down payment over the last 10 months so I have waited this long, but now that my loan is about to close, I don't want to keep waiting.
I used to be a salesman and with special cars like this I and in general we would never let people get on it hard . However in return the test drive wouldn't be just around the corner either . It would be a decent test drive . Most cars come with 5 miles . You said it was driven for the dealer trade so 40 miles . Service could have done a inspection on the car so that's another set of miles making it like a total of let's say 60 miles . So roughly 65 miles of test drives . I would say no big deal and get it .

Sponsored

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
No he didn't, this is the thing, if he had just called and run it by me I would have told him to not bother, there are other examples with fewer miles all around me.
That would piss me off too then - I get it. But I don’t think I would let it impact my purchase.

Chilipepper

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S, 2022 RDX
I had concerns when I got my ITS with 37 miles on the odometer. I figured 4-5 test drives, with having the salesman most likely going along, I accepted it. (@MSRP plus $129 for wheel locks) I doubt they would just hand the keys over and let someone take it, without riding along. Having said that, I would personally wait for another car to come in. 125 miles would be unacceptable.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I had concerns when I got my ITS with 37 miles on the odometer. I figured 4-5 test drives, with having the salesman most likely going along, I accepted it. (@MSRP plus $129 for wheel locks) I doubt they would just hand the keys over and let someone take it, without riding along. Having said that, I would personally wait for another car to come in. 125 miles would be unacceptable.
We almost had him settled down and then you go and post this! LOL.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Also, powertrain warranty is 6 years / 100k. If someone managed to seriously damage your engine / trans in 125 miles... it will show up before your warranty is up.

It's always nice to get an absolutely brand new car, but if it checks out in person, I don't think this should be a deal breaker, considering dealer's acknowledgement of use, etc.

Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
We almost had him settled down and then you go and post this! LOL.
I agree. ~80 miles is an awful lot of mileage just on test drives. I could just as easily have seen this being a car the sales manager may have used in the meantime. I admit, I am very persnickety though.

In the end, $50k is not a ton of money, but it's not a small amount either that I would be ok with settling for this one considering inventory for the ITS isn't as tight as it was before.

OP, I'm not sure where you're at but there's a small handful all within an hour's drive of where I am located. One of which is definitely at MSRP. Maybe expand your footprint from 20 minute drive to maybe even an hour?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I think I came too this conclusion over night.
I struggle with anxiety, sometimes my head will run away with things.
This hit me all wrong and set me off, but after really thinking about it, I don't think there is anything to worry about although I am still bummed by the miles, being I am not going to be doing this again anytime soon I really was looking forward to hearing it had 12 or 14 miles on it.
But at the end of the day, I think it will be alright.
I'm going to ask for a few accessories to help me swallow it, and see what happens.
I could find another car, did actually at another dealer but it would involve a lot to change it for the loan and then going to get it, etc..
I am feeling a lot better about the 124 miles, so we will see.
Yeah, I suffer from sometimes severe anxiety too and honestly in that sense I could relate to your situation. But really, it's not that big a deal. I know that coming that actual realization sometimes is much easier said than done though.

I will add though that as someone else put it- you can consider yourself entitled to wanting a car with only a handful of miles. You'll just have to measure the personal value of having that vs the inconvenience of finding a situation where that becomes a reality. That's your real question here.

(Overall I'm just glad you're going to get one soon, you're one of the folks I've been tracking who's had a strong interest pretty much since day one but doesn't have a car yet.)

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I bought mine @MSRP and it had 44 miles on it. I really wanted It Red, @MSRP they were really hard to find back on 8/23. I looked past the 44 miles and have been enjoying the car since. I currently have 2k miles with no issues whatsoever.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
OP, nothing wrong with negotiating, but taking big swings on a single low volume car is likely to get you no where. They are not going to take 1K or more profit loss on this, just ain't happening. I wouldn't do it if it was me, and if *you* were in sales with this car and market you would not either.

If you really want 10mi or less, and you are entitled to want that, then this is not the car for you.

Its a low volume car, and if they offered $250 off given MSRP is typical (sometimes more), that's a gift IMHO for 100mi or so on the odo.

At MSRP, its just one car, its not padding huge $ in anyones pocket. Its not going to be on the lot more then 30 days, someone else will buy it.

If you want to counter, I personally wouldn't go past $500 off, or better yet if there are accessories you want, ask for them at cost (not really a loss to the sale vs. 500 off the sale)

The car is already broken in: it was broken in during the first mile in terms of most of the break in wear...from there, just drive it. Going to a 30m track session with < 500 miles on it, sure...that's not great. But street driving is nothing.

I happened to get my ITS a few weeks ago and it just came off the truck. This was coincidence/luck...and even so, the 10mi on it, I have zero idea what they were, and I suspect a few redline shifts were in there from porters or whoever. Its *unavoidable*.

I lose zero sleep over it as its the exact car I wanted, and I will DILISI for the next 10 years I hope :)

Best of luck!
I talked to another dealer I know pretty well and she told me they often get cars with 80 to 100 miles on them, even though to me, I have never heard of such a thing.
At the end of the day, they are willing to sell me the car for 250 under MSRP and throw in locking lug nuts,.
I did get another dealer to say they would beat any deal they had offered me for the same exact car with 17 miles on it.
But then I thought about what that would entail and I decided to just buy the car, I put this guy through enough, lol.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Well, I think I bought the car.
59,439.61 out the door all fees and taxes.

EDIT: I actually bought a different car, apex blue, 58,859.54 out the door with splash guards, door visors and locking lug nuts, car has 4 miles on it.

I can do a little better if I want to walk from this deal and go to another dealer about 90 minutes away for the same car with fewer miles, but at this point I am feeling ok with the 124 miles and I don't feel like going through all that again, who knows what else I might run into with another dealer.
I think I am going to go with this deal.
They are whacking me a with conveyance fee that I don't like, so when I go in to pick up the purchase order I might negotiate with them a little more, but I am going to play it by ear.
At the end of the day it is under MSRP and they threw in locking lug nuts.
I am going to ask for three other accessories when I go in.
Sponsored

Last edited: