which oil filter?

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I like to use Amsoil synthetic in all my vehicles, but they don't have a Type S specific oil filter that I can find, what is the best bet for oil filters?
Dealer? auto parts store?
What brand?

What does everyone here use?
I can go to a dealer, if need be, but I wanted to see what the consensus was.
Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Honda from the dealership would be my recommendation.

Screenshot_20240405-190535.png

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have a bunch of oem ones I picked up from the dealer too. Wix has them for the CTR I saw the other day as well which Iā€™ve seen suggested and thatā€™s all I used on my Jeep. Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s Mobil 1 filters as well.

Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I have a bunch of oem ones I picked up from the dealer too. Wix has them for the CTR I saw the other day as well which Iā€™ve seen suggested and thatā€™s all I used on my Jeep. Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s Mobil 1 filters as well.
People tend to like WIX on BITOG and thatā€™s what I used to use on my car.

I stick to Mobil 1 filters paired with Mobil 1 oil for my truck.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
People tend to like WIX on BITOG and thatā€™s what I used to use on my car.

I stick to Mobil 1 filters paired with Mobil 1 oil for my truck.
Pardon my ignorance, but what does BITOG mean?

Seems Mobil 1 has a great reputation. I was unaware of the Mahle version of Honda filters though that Jay mentioned above! Iā€™ll have to look into them and pick some of those up after I run through the ones Iā€™ve got.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Pardon my ignorance, but what does BITOG mean?

Seems Mobil 1 has a great reputation. I was unaware of the Mahle version of Honda filters though that Jay mentioned above! Iā€™ll have to look into them and pick some of those up after I run through the ones Iā€™ve got.
Bob is the Oil Guy - itā€™s another forum with obsessive people discussing oil and fluids lol.

Thereā€™s a lot of data points there you have to sift through but itā€™s a good resource as a lot of people get oil analyses and post their results.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Bob is the Oil Guy - itā€™s another forum with obsessive people discussing oil and fluids lol.

Thereā€™s a lot of data points there you have to sift through but itā€™s a good resource as a lot of people get oil analyses and post their results.
Oh yeah, ok I know Bob. Iā€™m bad with abbreviations. šŸ˜„

Sponsored

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I ordered both an Amsoil filter and a crush washer, plus 3 genuine Honda oil filters and crush washers, so, Ill try them both and I am set for the next 4 oil changes.
Just need to order oil for those, for the first one I just ordered 6 quarts, but in the future, Ill order gallons instead so I have on hand oil for the next couple oil changes.
I prefer Amsoil synthetic, I have used it since 2014 in all my engines.
I also ordered small ramps, for a 3" rise making it easier to get my jack under the car, I plan to buy a new, low-profile jack in a few weeks, but for now, this is the ticket for me.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
FRAM Ultra Synthetic Automotive Replacement Oil Filter, Designed for Synthetic Oil Changes Lasting up to 20k Miles, XG7317

Hard to beat these for $9 off Amazon...

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
sorry to bump this old topic, i actually came here looking for this exact info. amsoil still doesn't have data for our cars in it, but it does for the FL5, so according to amsoil and the K20C1 engine selection, the Amsoil Filter # you need is EA15K13