Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So I'm at 3k miles and still not hearing "pops and bangs". I've looked everywhere I possibly can and as far as I understand it, the flap on the exhaust should always be open in Sport+. Can anyone confirm this?.........BECAUSE I'm not seeing mine open. Even with the car warmed up, I am not seeing it open at all. I can only assume that I have a defective valve or something. I'm just trying to get as much knowledge as I can on the exhaust before I call the dealer and sound like an idiot.
The only time I have not had pops was with a check engine light caused by the down pipe I have or right before I would get a check engine light. I would take it in and have it diagnosed.
Sponsored

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
the only time i dont get pops and bangs is when the engine is cold.

other than that, any sort of music playing will drown it out for the most part

winemaker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX5 (kids' beater car), 1955 T-bird
So I'm at 3k miles and still not hearing "pops and bangs". I've looked everywhere I possibly can and as far as I understand it, the flap on the exhaust should always be open in Sport+. Can anyone confirm this?.........BECAUSE I'm not seeing mine open. Even with the car warmed up, I am not seeing it open at all. I can only assume that I have a defective valve or something. I'm just trying to get as much knowledge as I can on the exhaust before I call the dealer and sound like an idiot.
If you've driven it that much without hearing pops and bangs in sport+, something is wrong. They are not difficult to hear and happen on every downshift at least. Get that thing checked out!

My understanding is the center tube should be "always open" in sport+. In plain old sport mode, I believe it only opens at higher rpms. I get some mild pops in regular sport mode but in sport+ it is all the time, close to the point of obnoxiousness (but I still do it on occasion).

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Put it in sport+, get the car rolling, shift to second, then 3rd gear, accelerate briskly to 5k + RPM and lift off the gas quickly as if you are going to let the car coast. It should pop and crackle easily. If your driving around super conservatively ,you won't hear it as much, but just driving briskly you will hear some pops when up shifting, more pops when lifting off the throttle quickly at higher rpms, pops when downshifting at higher rpm's, etc. Driving really slowly/smoothly will result in very little to no popping.

rody26

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
Put it in sport+, get the car rolling, shift to second, then 3rd gear, accelerate briskly to 5k + RPM and lift off the gas quickly as if you are going to let the car coast. It should pop and crackle easily. If your driving around super conservatively ,you won't hear it as much, but just driving briskly you will hear some pops when up shifting, more pops when lifting off the throttle quickly at higher rpms, pops when downshifting at higher rpm's, etc. Driving really slowly/smoothly will result in very little to no popping.
That’s not necessary. Just put it in Sport + and shift from first to second at or above 3k rpm and you should here it pop.

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That’s not necessary. Just put it in Sport + and shift from first to second at or above 3k rpm and you should here it pop.
yes agreed, I was just trying to give a fool proof method for testing if the function is actually working or not.

Augmentedjdm

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R and 2012 Accord Coupe ExL
The only time I have not had pops was with a check engine light caused by the down pipe I have or right before I would get a check engine light. I would take it in and have it diagnosed.
So....7 months later.....the cause has been found. I can only assume this happened during assembly, but the reason why I've never heard them on my car is because two fuses were in the wrong places. They JUST figured it out after numerous attempts to find out why. Wow!! It was causing the computer to not communicate with the exhaust components which caused the valve to not open correctly and no pops and bangs. I can't believe it was something so simple.

I'm really excited to get back to the dealership and hear (for the FIRST TIME) what my car is actually supposed to sound like. He also said it was causing the car to not be giving full power so that should be fun too.

Wow. I still can't believe it.

eric123406109

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2021 RAV4 Prime, 1987 911
So....7 months later.....the cause has been found. I can only assume this happened during assembly, but the reason why I've never heard them on my car is because two fuses were in the wrong places. They JUST figured it out after numerous attempts to find out why. Wow!! It was causing the computer to not communicate with the exhaust components which caused the valve to not open correctly and no pops and bangs. I can't believe it was something so simple.

I'm really excited to get back to the dealership and hear (for the FIRST TIME) what my car is actually supposed to sound like. He also said it was causing the car to not be giving full power so that should be fun too.

Wow. I still can't believe it.
Were you getting any check engine light with the fuses improperly placed?

Can you advise the specific fuses?

I’ve not gotten the pops and burbles on the car like the one I test drove. But, otherwise everything appears normal.

Augmentedjdm

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R and 2012 Accord Coupe ExL
Were you getting any check engine light with the fuses improperly placed?

Can you advise the specific fuses?

I’ve not gotten the pops and burbles on the car like the one I test drove. But, otherwise everything appears normal.
I had no CEL. That alone was causing the service department give me a lot of push back basically calling me insane. He showed me which two but Ive honestly forgotten. But if you pull the cover under the hood and go down the fuses one by one, then If your problem is the same one it's my problem. It'll be two of them that are in the wrong spots and you'll see it