The Tuned 2023+ Integra Experience & Reliability Thread

Phocn

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura integra 2023
Is there any way to change the MAPs of the tune from your car itself , I have a friend who has the k tune on a civic and he uses a button on his steering wheel I’m wondering if u have to use the k tuner itself to change MAPS or if it can be done thru the car.
Sponsored

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Is there any way to change the MAPs of the tune from your car itself , I have a friend who has the k tune on a civic and he uses a button on his steering wheel I’m wondering if u have to use the k tuner itself to change MAPS or if it can be done thru the car.
Yep! Turn off cruise control then hold “cancel” for 2-3 seconds. Your rpm gauge will point to 1, 2, or 3 to show you what map you’re in. Use the cruise control + and - lever to select the map and hold cancel again to select it.

Phocn

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura integra 2023
Yep! Turn off cruise control then hold “cancel” for 2-3 seconds. Your rpm gauge will point to 1, 2, or 3 to show you what map you’re in. Use the cruise control + and - lever to select the map and hold cancel again to select it.
Your a life saver man , I’ve been trying to figure that out for weeks now.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
One thing to add is you can do map switching with the car stopped or on the move. When stopped, you need to hold the cancel button about 2-3 seconds. While moving, KTuner set it up so it takes even less time.

Topher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Tech w/ CVT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual).

Total tuned time: 7 months.

Tuned miles driven: 6,000.

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flash Pro.

Tunes used: Hondata race tune, Ososik custom tune.

Fuel used: 91 octane.

Additional related mods: PRL SRI, PRL Ti Inlet pipe, RV6 turbo, PRL charge pipes, PRL intercooler, Two-Step downpipe, PRL front pipe, Vibrant performance resonator, Magnaflow exhaust. Koyo radiator. RS-R lowering springs, RV6 rear sway bar, RV6 toe adjustment bars, SPC camber kit. Action Clutch Stage 2 Kevlar clutch with Chromoly flywheel, Hybrid racing short shifter assembly, Skunk2 weighted shift knob.

Problems/issues: Head gasket failure - New head gasket and Two-Step/ARP Ti head studs installed. Excessive oil flow to RV6 turbo - RV6 performance warrantied turbo and installed oil reducer.

Driving style: Commuter with periodic bursts.

Tuning experience notes: Based parts selection based on best bang for the buck. Had PRL HVI, but part no longer fit due to thicker radiator. For flash tune, discussed with Nick Ososik and modified Hondata tune for reliability (limited torque to 232 ft-lbs on Mustang Dyno, increased top end to 23 PSI max. Limitation to power with current build is fuel flow, 91 octane, and inlet air temperatures.

Shout out to Nick Ososik from Ososik Media, Rich Wong from RV6 Performance, and Two-Step Performance.
IMG_7854.jpeg
IMG_7933.jpeg
IMG_7861.jpeg
IMG_7885.jpeg
73464644628__F78F82DE-2E27-402F-9A88-FDA5F28E8B03.jpeg

IMG_8047.jpeg

Woah head gasket went out? Any more information/context?

Sponsored

Kamikaze5PDR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT
Woah head gasket went out? Any more information/context?
L15 engines are a famous for having weak head gaskets. If you check out YouTube there are many postings about it. Here’s one where the guy shows you the weakest part.

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Nick Ososik from theFOAT Media and he recommended two things. First was a linear tune (where power goes up linearly with RPM). This is different a “canned” or standard tune from Hondata because the power builds gradually. A lot of tunes (and even with the stock tune) boost builds up very quickly low in the RPM range which can cause issues. In other words, traditional Civic Si/Integra tuning builds up torque/Hp like N2O and very harsh on the engine.
30:20 Data Log Review

2nd recommendation (and it was more of part of the engine rebuild) was using ARP head studs. https://www.twostepperformance.com/...WYdSGpULmvYLXh9g5iIRmj7PRZQQT1CBoCk_sQAvD_BwE
This is more peace of mind. The head studs on the L15 are very weak, with max torque limited to 60 ft/lbs. With titanium parts, 70 ft-lbs can be applied in attempt to keep exhaust leaking into the narrow coolant channels between the gasket.
73464644628__F78F82DE-2E27-402F-9A88-FDA5F28E8B03.jpeg

If you drive your car hard, really keep an eye of your oil levels for your car. I really recommend an oil catch can too so you don’t mix up indications. An oil catch can will keep the section of piping after your PCV recirc dry. Be mindful of unexpected reduction of oil level (we’re talking noticeable reduction with a week), oil in the coolant, etc or otherwise indications of blow by. A compression check will validate anything more severe vs just a failed head gasket.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I finally fixed my shit enough to flash a tune, so here's my initial post.

Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT

Total tuned time: 1 week

Tuned miles driven: 200 km

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional related mods: TSP catted downpipe, 27Won front pipe, MBRP exhaust

Problems/issues: None (fingers tightly crossed)

Driving style: No chill, unless the family is riding along.

Tuning experience notes: Map 2 seems to give enough chooch for everyday driving. The next mod on the list is a 27Won intercooler, and that might be it. I don't want any of what's going on up there ⬆

ppm10x

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual)

Total tuned time: 10 Months

Tuned miles driven: 23,000

Tunes used: Phearable 1.5R

Fuel used: 91

Additional related mods: K&N drop in filter

Problems/issues: Clutch slips in 4th gear at full throttle.

Driving style: Not scared to mash on it every once in a while, mostly highway miles however and I never go WOT below 2500 rpm.

Tuning experience notes: I think it should be everyone’s first mod, it’s been great with the phearable tune. The difference is night and day compared to the stock tune. It used to not have a lot of top end power but now you can really feel the turbo do it’s thing.

darkspeeed

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology 6MT

Total tuned time: 1 Year

Tuned miles driven: 20,000

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1

Fuel used: 93 octane

Additional related mods: K&N SRI

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Spirited, HPDE, AutoX

Tuning experience notes: Noticeable improvement in throttle response and reduction of rev hang

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Whats my options if I get a Ktuner with a Phearable tune for 93 octane since that's what I run but am on a road trip in the Rookies and can only get 91? Just use the the lowest boost tune? Which would suck since at elevation is where the 1.5T needs even more help.
Can Phearable sell me and load both a 93 & 91 tune?

Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
If you mostly use 93 where you live, get the 93 octane tune. If traveling where only lower octane is available, use Map 1 and ideally, don't push it super hard. Basically you won't be hurting anything. Knock control will be elevated, meaning reduced power.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Ok thx gtman.
I may not rush then to get the tune delivered before I head out of town to high elevation. That and I looked for the ecu# but I didn't have time to remove the intake to get to it. Unless I could have disconnected the two ecu wire looms to see the #?

PrecordFK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Vehicle: 2024 Integra Type S

Total tuned time: 1 week

Tuned miles driven: 100

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flashpro

Tunes used: Phearable DE5 Stage 2

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional related mods: PRL HVI, PRL TIP, PRL Intercooler and Charge Pipes, Ballade Sports Race Downpipe, PRL Front Pipe, PRL RMM, Mishimoto Expansion Tank, Acuity Reverse Flow Hoses, and Wunderladen Oil Catch Can. Bunch of other suspension, trans, and brake parts.

Problems/issues: None, just waiting on Hondata's Flex Fuel Kit or Flex Fuel support.

Driving style: Typically driving conservative with my toddler in the car and still breaking the engine in for the moment.

Tuning experience notes: Hassle to send the ecu out to jailbreak, but should be on the top of everyone's list of mods.

20240725_172311.jpg

Ab175

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 MT Integra, 2002 WRX
Any longer term tuned 1.5T integra's have an update? I am about to get to 1000 miles and I am really tempted by the TSP stage 1, but im still on the fence...

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Any longer term tuned 1.5T integra's have an update? I am about to get to 1000 miles and I am really tempted by the TSP stage 1, but im still on the fence...
I ran phearable tune for over 20k miles on my 23 Aspec. It really made a difference.
Sponsored