Sponsored

what are your annoyances with your Integra Type S?

Yato

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon
I don’t get the hate on the seats. I mean they are not FK8 comfy (which I find to be better than the FL5 seats) but I think they are pretty good.
I’m with you man. I love the seats. Perfect blend of sporty and comfort.
Sponsored

andrew025

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I don’t get the hate on the seats. I mean they are not FK8 comfy (which I find to be better than the FL5 seats) but I think they are pretty good.
It's mainly just the bottom portion you sit on. It's hard and flat and makes it feel like my ass is starting to fall asleep.
The rest of the seat is fine though.

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I agree, it did take me a while to set it properly. Now I find it more comfortable than my previous FK8 seats.

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
Well...torque steer.

On smooth and level pavement, there might be minimal torque steer.

But on uneven, cracked pavement with pot holes and bumps, there is sometime a lot of torque steer. Must really hold the steering super tight to not go everywhere.

Must be really careful if you downshift, hit the throttle and pass someone!
I took delivery a few days ago, and while I'm very impressed overall, the torque steer is a clear downside to me.

Some reviews made it sound like it was non-existent, and that someone unfamiliar with the car might not be able to tell it's FWD... definitely not the case on a rutted highway. Hitting the gas while changing lanes, with one hand still on the shifter? Forget it.

Roads in Quebec are notoriously bad though, so I can imagine that for some people this isn't as much of an issue.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
I took delivery a few days ago, and while I'm very impressed overall, the torque steer is a clear downside to me.

Some reviews made it sound like it was non-existent, and that someone unfamiliar with the car might not be able to tell it's FWD... definitely not the case on a rutted highway. Hitting the gas while changing lanes, with one hand still on the shifter? Forget it.

Roads in Quebec are notoriously bad though, so I can imagine that for some people this isn't as much of an issue.
So when I first got mine torque steer was not an issue, but the temps were about 80-90F here then. Now that daytime temps are only about 50-60F its more noticeable. Really has to do with tires, the warmer they are the more traction they get and limits the torque steer.

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
So when I first got mine torque steer was not an issue, but the temps were about 80-90F here then. Now that daytime temps are only about 50-60F its more noticeable. Really has to do with tires, the warmer they are the more traction they get and limits the torque steer.
Tires, but also road surface. You'll see less torque steer on a nice leveled road than on a road full of repair patches and potholes. Sadly, in Quebec, we mostly had the latter...

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
Ah, very interesting. I was driving around at 40F, I'm curious to see how it will be next summer.

Makes sense that both grip and road imperfections would have an impact. The point of the dual-axis strut design is to place the steering axis at the center of the contact patch, so that loads on either sides of the steering axis are symmetrical and cancel out. That doesn't hold up if a portion of the contact patch is hovering over a pothole, or going over a patch of sand.

Last edited:
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 09 JCW
I have owned my ITS for just under a week now and quite surprisingly, I am wholeheartedly in love with it.
Physically It's much smaller than my previous cars, but it doesn't drive like a smaller car. It's got plenty of room and the seats are super comfortable. The Alcantara inserts are a very nice touch and the door cards are well designed also.
The factory equipped shift knob is a bit small, and the leather steering wheel, while nice, is a bit slick but it feels pretty good. I bought my car as equipped off of the lot, so I will be adding an alcantara wheel and the upgraded shift knob sometime soon. They are both available from one of the oem parts houses for significantly cheaper than what Acura would charge and installation is easy with standard tools.

I don't have too many other gripes with it yet but here are a few that really stand out to me;

- I would love for the passenger mirror to tilt down when in reverse. Sure, I can manually tilt it down if need be, but an automatic feature would be nice.
- No locking glove box or center console. I don't understand why we don't have this option.
- A few more USB's would be great. My last car had 3 in the center console and it was a nice addition. I didn't even notice the lack of them in the back seat, but I don't often have anyone back there so it's not a big deal. The A-Spec has them, so maybe at some point I'll look into doing a retrofit.
-As many have complained, no HomeLink is kinda dumb, but not a huge deal. A Civic or Accord HomeLink mirror can be adapted with a bit of work, so at some point I might do that.

Not really a gripe, but It took me a few days to realize that there is no native navigation. Good... Because Acura's nav UI sucks and I'd rather use Waze/Google maps anyways.

I get what Acura was trying to to with the ITS, but it's still an Acura. They cheaped out on a few options that are almost expected on a $50k+ car.

All in all, I'm very happy with it so far.

Last edited:

Q_subsub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm surprised nobody mentioned (sorry if I missed it) not having tire temp displayed with tire pressure. I feel like that's a feature I used all the time in BMWs on both track and street so I could know when to really push it without it being somewhat of a guessing game.

Also another is the rear hatch; I personally wish it would automatically prop up when you open/release the latch. I may investigate into a spring-with-a-strut solution (like some have done for MKV supra) down the road to address this.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I get what Acura was trying to to with the ITS, but it's still an Acura. They cheaped out on a few options that are almost expected on a $50k+ car.
I made a similar statement in a different thread a while back and it bunched up the panties of certain people here on this board lol. i have no idea why either, it's objectively true and patently obvious that Honda took some deliberate shortcuts with the car. I never said that any of it was a deal-breaker, as the car is still pretty amazing to drive, but it is fair to at least consider them when you look to justify the MSRP.

i missed this thread when it was new, so i'll go ahead and list mine:
  • the lack of certain features:
    • no powered passenger seat
    • no rear a/c vents/ports
    • no seat/mirror memory
    • no cameras other than the laughably poor backup cam
    • no powered tailgate
    • no folding mirrors
Really it's only the first 3 or so that I really miss, but overall these are features that you can generally expect to find on cars in this price range. the rear vents/ports is particularly frustrating because it comes on trims below the Type S, and as for the manually adjusted passenger seat... i have no idea what justification honda used to cut this, like seat motor technology isn't expensive or heavy, so i don't buy that it was to save cost or weight. i get it, if you seriously track this car then you won't have passengers in the front or back and the lack of these things won't matter- but in that case, you probably wanted the Type R to begin with.
  • the wastegate rattle
Oh man once you notice this you will never be able to un-hear it. it's absolutely baffling that they let it make this noise that literally sounds like a rock in your rotor (albeit it a bit feinter lol). but i can't fathom how someone who, in development/testing/quality control/etc heard the noise it makes and went "yeah that's totally fine, that certainly isn't going to get noticed by or bother the driver once they hear it." i really, REALLY hope some mod comes out that eliminates it.
  • the ambient lighting sucks
I get it, this is pretty minor but still. the ITS ambient lighting is about $7 worth of LED technology lol. it's so basic and pathetic i have no idea why they even bothered. this is what they should have cut if they needed to save money/weight lol. like they couldn't at least make it change color with the different drive modes? the tech is literally dirt cheap. the TLX-TS actually has pretty decent ambient lighting- yeah yeah, i know, we can't have the same feature in multiple cars because reasons or somehing :rolleyes1:- but the ITS definitely deserved better than what it got
  • the backup cam is hilariously outdated
So i came from a 2015 Civic Si, which i owned for 9 years, and i can confidently tell you that the backup camera is literally the same. The ITS has the other lenses for the wide angle mode and the 3rd one i forgot (and the rear traffic cross warning), but the default backup view is quite literally the absolute same camera/lens as the one that came in the 9th gen civics which started in 2012. the resolution and the picture is identical. honda really needed to do better than this.
  • wheel spin
happens a little easier/more than i like, but i've learned to hit the sweet spot between acceleration and traction in 1st/2nd,l so i'm living with it lol. i'm not out racing people from stoplights and such so it's a fairly minimal annoyance for the most part

• regional inconsistency
One thing that really peaves me is Honda making certain features/accessories standard on canadian models (or which aren't even options for us like rear-heated seats) such as the heated steering wheel for example. it's a $400 accessory for us and only has black stitching, whereas the candian models come with heated steering wheels that also have the red/white stitching

this is all i have off the top of my head for now.

Sponsored

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 09 JCW
Also another is the rear hatch; I personally wish it would automatically prop up when you open/release the latch...
Yeah, definitely would be a nice touch, along with hood struts. The fact that this car doesn't have them is so 1995.

I was searching around and I saw this post; https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/redline-tuning-hood-struts.50573/ in which the OP installed the hood struts on his 23 Integra using this kit;

https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-18020-02.htm

I've used these struts on a few other cars and they are pretty legit. I'm probably going to pick some up and see about adapting them to my car.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I made a similar statement in a different thread a while back and it bunched up the panties of certain people here on this board lol. i have no idea why either, it's objectively true and patently obvious that Honda took some deliberate shortcuts with the car. I never said that any of it was a deal-breaker, as the car is still pretty amazing to drive, but it is fair to at least consider them when you look to justify the MSRP.

i missed this thread when it was new, so i'll go ahead and list mine:
  • the lack of certain features:
    • no powered passenger seat
    • no rear a/c vents/ports
    • no seat/mirror memory
    • no cameras other than the laughably poor backup cam
    • no powered tailgate
    • no folding mirrors
Really it's only the first 3 or so that I really miss, but overall these are features that you can generally expect to find on cars in this price range. the rear vents/ports is particularly frustrating because it comes on trims below the Type S, and as for the manually adjusted passenger seat... i have no idea what justification honda used to cut this, like seat motor technology isn't expensive or heavy, so i don't buy that it was to save cost or weight. i get it, if you seriously track this car then you won't have passengers in the front or back and the lack of these things won't matter- but in that case, you probably wanted the Type R to begin with.
  • the wastegate rattle
Oh man once you notice this you will never be able to un-hear it. it's absolutely baffling that they let it make this noise that literally sounds like a rock in your rotor (albeit it a bit feinter lol). but i can't fathom how someone who, in development/testing/quality control/etc heard the noise it makes and went "yeah that's totally fine, that certainly isn't going to get noticed by or bother the driver once they hear it." i really, REALLY hope some mod comes out that eliminates it.
  • the ambient lighting sucks
I get it, this is pretty minor but still. the ITS ambient lighting is about $7 worth of LED technology lol. it's so basic and pathetic i have no idea why they even bothered. this is what they should have cut if they needed to save money/weight lol. like they couldn't at least make it change color with the different drive modes? the tech is literally dirt cheap. the TLX-TS actually has pretty decent ambient lighting- yeah yeah, i know, we can't have the same feature in multiple cars because reasons or somehing :rolleyes1:- but the ITS definitely deserved better than what it got
  • the backup cam is hilariously outdated
So i came from a 2015 Civic Si, which i owned for 9 years, and i can confidently tell you that the backup camera is literally the same. The ITS has the other lenses for the wide angle mode and the 3rd one i forgot (and the rear traffic cross warning), but the default backup view is quite literally the absolute same camera/lens as the one that came in the 9th gen civics which started in 2012. the resolution and the picture is identical. honda really needed to do better than this.
  • wheel spin
happens a little easier/more than i like, but i've learned to hit the sweet spot between acceleration and traction in 1st/2nd,l so i'm living with it lol. i'm not out racing people from stoplights and such so it's a fairly minimal annoyance for the most part

• regional inconsistency
One thing that really peaves me is Honda making certain features/accessories standard on canadian models (or which aren't even options for us like rear-heated seats) such as the heated steering wheel for example. it's a $400 accessory for us and only has black stitching, whereas the candian models come with heated steering wheels that also have the red/white stitching

this is all i have off the top of my head for now.
Just look at this shit. You come in here and type up a dissertation on all the things you don't like about something.

Way to live in the moment, bro.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Just look at this shit. You come in here and type up a dissertation on all the things you don't like about something.

I mean, he's not wrong on a majority of those though and this thread is asking for what annoyances people have on their car.

While I agree with @SlippyFist on a lot of these and speaking for myself only, none of them are dealbreakers and I still enjoy the car very much.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S

Oh yes, everyone look- someone has contributed to a discussion that was quite literally requested from the topic. Take pictures everyone- you'll never witness this rare sight ever again!

Imagine being this big of a fucking idiot. I've never seen someone own themselves so consistently as you trying to argue with people on this message board.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S

Ok good it's not just me. I also heard the same thing and expected near to no torque steer so it was a bit of surprise when the steering got squirrely as I got on the gas for the firs time to pass someone.
Sponsored