Sponsored

Boomba BOV Adapter DE4 Integra

rayyyu12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE4 Integra
Hey everyone, new to the modding scene but was interested in installing a PRL intake as well as the boomba bov adapter, however, I have not heard much about it. Is the adapter safe to install or will it cause issues in the long run?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Hey everyone, new to the modding scene but was interested in installing a PRL intake as well as the boomba bov adapter, however, I have not heard much about it. Is the adapter safe to install or will it cause issues in the long run?
Short answer, if you live somewhere with emissions and are keeping your stock cats do not put a BOV. Also if you plan on keeping the car long term do not put one on.
This turbo system isnā€™t designed for a BOV, thatā€™s why thereā€™s not much talk about it

OP
OP

rayyyu12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE4 Integra
Short answer, if you live somewhere with emissions and are keeping your stock cats do not put a BOV. Also if you plan on keeping the car long term do not put one on.
This turbo system isnā€™t designed for a BOV, thatā€™s why thereā€™s not much talk about it
I am not sure if this is the same thing, I put a link to what I am talking about, it's a BOV adapter, but please correct me if I am wrong: https://www.boombaracing.com/2022-civic-acura-bov-adapter/

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I am not sure if this is the same thing, I put a link to what I am talking about, it's a BOV adapter, but please correct me if I am wrong: https://www.boombaracing.com/2022-civic-acura-bov-adapter/
See my explanation here, post #15

We have a bypass valve, and need the air to recirculate.. almost like a closed air system. What youā€™re looking at is a BOV which vents the air out. Although it retains the bypass valve it is still venting the air out which is bad in the long run

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Are you running a tune? An aftermarket BOV may throw a code. My RV6 BPV unit did. I also posted sound clip of it in the intake thread if interested.

Sponsored

Last_ICE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Its a unnecessary ricer mod. Spend money on a intake resonator delete instead.

Sponsored

22si

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic Si
I know it's an older thread, but do you want the BOV loud pshhh sounds and hear your turbo?

27won short ram intake. Made by a reputable company, doesn't mess with fuel trims and no issues. Had mine for 5k miles now.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I know it's an older thread, but do you want the BOV loud pshhh sounds and hear your turbo?

27won short ram intake. Made by a reputable company, doesn't mess with fuel trims and no issues. Had mine for 5k miles now.

Only bad thing with a SRIā€™s is it will heavily retard (pull back) timing once it gets heat soaked. Not great for performance, but definitely great for sound

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
I've been happy with my boomba bpv for the DE5. No CEL and is full recirculating.