ITS Rear Cup Holder Replacement

rickyjoe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type-S
I would just like to pull the rear seat cup holder out altogether and replace it with a custom cushion in the hole, maybe Velcro'd or something like that. Anyone seen anything like this yet?
Sponsored

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I would just like to pull the rear seat cup holder out altogether and replace it with a custom cushion in the hole, maybe Velcro'd or something like that. Anyone seen anything like this yet?
no but i have seen people swapping the seat out so it has 3 seats in the rear , I believe from the civic. I am personally getting that cup holder in Carbon , have it on order now. Just for looks .

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah do the 3 seat mod. It works great.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Sponsored

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Swapping the rear seat bottom from an Integra A-Spec would do the trick and look clean.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
But are the airbags and safety features setup to protect a middle passenger back there? If not that could turn in to a liability nightmare, albeit a small chance.

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI ; Acura Integra Type S
But are the airbags and safety features setup to protect a middle passenger back there? If not that could turn in to a liability nightmare, albeit a small chance.
That's an interesting point. Anyone riding in that middle seat without a belt, shoulder harness, (wonder if there is any airbag difference) would be vulnerable in a crash. Since it's all about the money, who (what person or insurance company) would be responsible for the medical bills? The possibility of a very expensive lawsuit would encourage me to insure all the rear-center passenger safety equipment from the A-Spec was properly transferred over to the ITS. I'm guessing all the body attachment points are there, but a confirmation from someone who has looked closely would be valuable.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
AFAIK you would need the top and bottom of the Aspec rear seats for full safety. I believe the middle seat belt is built into the upper/seatbacks and also reinforced so they do weigh more than stock ITS rears. You'd also need the double buckle portion which should come with the bottoms. Don't think there are any additional airbags or sensors tho.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That's an interesting point. Anyone riding in that middle seat without a belt, shoulder harness, (wonder if there is any airbag difference) would be vulnerable in a crash. Since it's all about the money, who (what person or insurance company) would be responsible for the medical bills? The possibility of a very expensive lawsuit would encourage me to insure all the rear-center passenger safety equipment from the A-Spec was properly transferred over to the ITS. I'm guessing all the body attachment points are there, but a confirmation from someone who has looked closely would be valuable.
Seatbelt is built into the middle seat. It all transfers from Aspec. Your pwrsonal health insurance covera you in a car wreck. I dont think the 5k or so included in auto insurance would matter much.
Sponsored