Ambient Lighting

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Is this the stuff from Blackhawk Japan? I was looking at some of their stuff as well. They have the under seat, center cup holder, door cup holder area and somewhere else I thought. Would be really cool! I figured just had to tap into different existing wiring.

I bought the kit from someone selling their FL5. But yes, it is the same. You tap into the power lines of the traction control button, plug into an open port under the dash, and add a dedicated fuse box. The nice thing about these mods is that the lights will be at full brightness when entering/exiting, but they dim while you drive (I think you can control it from your infotainment, but I haven't verified).

I like it for driving late at night. I'd also like to change the smartphone charger light to red. But idk, might add too much HP for the daily.
Sponsored

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A Spec Non Tech / FL5 Type R
Hey guys! Just moved over from the Civic 11th Gen forum...
I've been itching at tackling the ambient lighting in my a spec non tech/elite and hopefully install the regular white ambient lights. Just wanted to know if the ambient strip itself is a seperate part or not. It appears that the a spec already comes with all the mounting points thankfully.
1000043367.jpg

GTO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 BRZ
Hey guys! Just moved over from the Civic 11th Gen forum...
I've been itching at tackling the ambient lighting in my a spec non tech/elite and hopefully install the regular white ambient lights. Just wanted to know if the ambient strip itself is a seperate part or not. It appears that the a spec already comes with all the mounting points thankfully.
1000043367.jpg
From this angle it definitely looks like an empty socket for the LED but I don't see a power plug in there. Check my post here for a better look at the Type S door panel for comparison.

I would also recommend checking DreamShop for a parts comparison between your Aspec door panel to verify whether they match or any additional parts are required.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
That's definitely the ambient light mount for the door panel.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From this angle it definitely looks like an empty socket for the LED but I don't see a power plug in there. Check my post here for a better look at the Type S door panel for comparison.

I would also recommend checking DreamShop for a parts comparison between your Aspec door panel to verify whether they match or any additional parts are required.
Thank you for your guide and input! I plan on taking the door apart completely later and doing an indepth dive into it to see if I can find any power points for the connector. I took a look at the dreamshop comparisons for the door panel and it seems like the assembly is pretty much 1:1 although I couldn't find the specifics for the light power.

I'll keep everybody posted with what I find.

Sponsored

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Took a more indepth look at the footwell and door today, seems like there is indeed no plug for the door and no assembly for the footwell.
1000043469.jpg

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Took a more indepth look at the footwell and door today, seems like there is indeed no plug for the door and no assembly for the footwell.
1000043469.jpg
Some times they hide a plug behind the panel with some electrical tape, but since the wiring harnesses are different, I'm guessing that may not be the case. That said, if you want to wire them in yourself the connector and pigtail/terminal joint part #'s are:
  • 04320-TY2-A00 - Pigtail or 04323-SP0-A01 - Terminal Joint
  • 04321-TY2-305 - Connector
Only pins 1 & 4 need to be wired. Looking at the wiring diagram, 4 is positive and 1 is negative.
234734-2c344448ab387aa73f718ae7287f4daa.jpg

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some times they hide a plug behind the panel with some electrical tape, but since the wiring harnesses are different, I'm guessing that may not be the case. That said, if you want to wire them in yourself the connector and pigtail/terminal joint part #'s are:
  • 04320-TY2-A00 - Pigtail or 04323-SP0-A01 - Terminal Joint
  • 04321-TY2-305 - Connector
Only pins 1 & 4 need to be wired. Looking at the wiring diagram, 4 is positive and 1 is negative.
234734-2c344448ab387aa73f718ae7287f4daa.jpg
Thanks for the help! I think you're right about the electrical tape. I went to my friend who works at Acura parts to order the lights and he said the wiring diagrams seem to all be there and that I shouldn't have to order the pigtails, etc, as it should be plug and play.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Took a better look at the door assembly. Seems like there's only one power source for the lights. I'm assuming there must be an extender terminal for the light strip and door handle as the one provided doesn't reach either.
1000043686.jpg
1000043685.jpg

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I believe that connector is for the projector accessory, but you could probably use it for the ambient lights, just would need to make the harness.

Sponsored

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I think from what I saw the ambient lighting color can't be changed. Not sure why, but that takes a lot of the "cool" out of it for me.
the light modules can be swapped for the Type R modules and changed from white light to red.
One in each door and in each footwell and where the wireless charger is.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
the light modules can be swapped for the Type R modules and changed from white light to red.
One in each door and in each footwell and where the wireless charger is.
I think he means like how other manufacturers let you change the color in the infotainment directly or even have it react to things. In one of our cars if someone is coming from either side while parked, the door light will light up red and if you try to open the door it will play a sound from that speaker and lock the door on you while flashing the light red.

Saved my father in law from opening my door and stepping into 45mph traffic when I parallel parked 🙃

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I believe that connector is for the projector accessory, but you could probably use it for the ambient lights, just would need to make the harness.
Yeah, I asked the Acura parts guy. He let me know it'd be easier and cheaper to just straight up switch the entire door harness as the A spec non tech doesn't include the 2 terminal joints for the ambient piping as well as the door handle. The entire harness per door is about 90 CAD so it could be worse. Will be ordering and installing soon.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Installed the A spec Tech door harness and ambient lighting. Very annoying process. The 2 lights in the door don't want to turn on which leads me to believe the regular A spec just isn't programmed to supply power to the extra connections

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Perhaps there's a fuze or something of that sort to power the 2 ambient lights? The rest of the door receives power as usual but the 2 lights just don't want to switch on
Sponsored