Any new Exhaust's in the works ?

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
As for this guy- again, I'll apologize in advance because this is going to come off as harsh criticism and I understand he's just doing his best trying to be a content creator...

But his content is trash. He wants to move on because he's not getting the clicks he expected, but his takes are horrible, he rambles incoherently about irrelevant bullshit, and I will not give him the opportunity to waste another 30 seconds of my time ever again. Frankly I'm glad he's moving away from the platform, so hopefully he won't come up in my feed any longer.

Before I start getting the hate mail, just know that I hold people who try to 'create content" and have dedicated YouTube channels to a higher standard. If he was just another enthusiast who made a few vids on his car, or maybe contributed to this board a little besides trying to host his own platform about the car via his YT channel, maybe I'd be less inclined to take this hardline approach to calling his vids "trash". But for now, it is what it is.

I understand that automotive YouTube/online content is drying up across the board, and it's not a realistic expectation for this car, as much as I personally love it, to continue to generate the volume of attention that literally puts money in these guys' pockets.

I can live with that.
In general I put nearly zero stock into YouTube creators. Often times they present themselves as experts, but they know about as much as the average person... Not to mention I'd rather take 5 mins reading an article than spend 30 mins watching a video. This is a generational thing... It seems to come and go. It's like people watching fox News and CNN and thinking it's actual "news"... It's just entertainment television and they're there for attention. The same is true for many content creators. With the groups I instruct with, we've seen several creators come out (Jackie Ding is a great one and decently knowledgeable - probably a 6/10 in real driver/mechanic knowledge and that's a HUGE compliment) and we've even had the gran turismo movie tech people come out for audio, track, and other stuff. There is a MASSIVE difference in the way creators vs actual movie tech people conduct themselves, the questions they ask, and how they capture. It's not just about money and gear either; there's a huge element of professionalism and humbleness.

The exception can be looking for something specifically visual or audible in a video, like exhaust sounds. The problem also becomes how they record the sound, and God forbid they forget to use a mic with a wind sock. Then your playback also matters. On one of my home theatre systems I can crank the volume appropriately and get a real feel for the sound, but that's putting out up to 1400 real watts. A cellphone, laptop, or headphones will never playback the sound like you'd feel in real life.
Sponsored

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for the perfect exhaust.
Needs:
1. Retained valve
2. Triple tips, same size
3. Double walled (rolled tips) so they don't look cheap AF
4. Reasonable pricing

Was thinking MBRP but I heard there might be some rattling issues. I'll wait for more options but I might just do a resonator delete in the meantime lmao.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for the perfect exhaust.
Needs:
1. Retained valve
2. Triple tips, same size
3. Double walled (rolled tips) so they don't look cheap AF
4. Reasonable pricing

Was thinking MBRP but I heard there might be some rattling issues. I'll wait for more options but I might just do a resonator delete in the meantime lmao.
I would delete the center muffler not the res.

Mufflers are for volume and resonators are to dampen specific frequencies.

I agree with you on all the other points, though.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
I would delete the center muffler not the res.

Mufflers are for volume and resonators are to dampen specific frequencies.

I agree with you on all the other points, though.
Has anyone actually deleted the small center muffler yet on a stock exhaust?

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Has anyone actually deleted the small center muffler yet on a stock exhaust?
Not that I've seen. It's fairly large diameter despite it's overall size, it just looks deceptively small.

Lht performance built an entire 3" ti exhaust with basically the center deleted and they admitted the 3" was too large and it just wasn't a great sound. Their recommendation, and what they've done on a few FL5, is to delete the center and a single small res.

I'm probably going to do it and swap the tips, as soon as I get the dealer to fix all of my rattles. The last thing I need is to hear "we blame your rattles on the exhaust." it's not going to be a cheap thing though. It's going to take 6 rounded welds, cutting multiple hangers, and rewelding new hangers. My bet is it will be a 4-600$ job to be done properly and neatly. The tips will likely be another 300$. If you're just deleting that center muffler, it would probably be around 3-400$ I'd guess.

Sponsored

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
Not that I've seen. It's fairly large diameter despite it's overall size, it just looks deceptively small.

Lht performance built an entire 3" ti exhaust with basically the center deleted and they admitted the 3" was too large and it just wasn't a great sound. Their recommendation, and what they've done on a few FL5, is to delete the center and a single small res.

I'm probably going to do it and swap the tips, as soon as I get the dealer to fix all of my rattles. The last thing I need is to hear "we blame your rattles on the exhaust." it's not going to be a cheap thing though. It's going to take 6 rounded welds, cutting multiple hangers, and rewelding new hangers. My bet is it will be a 4-600$ job to be done properly and neatly. The tips will likely be another 300$. If you're just deleting that center muffler, it would probably be around 3-400$ I'd guess.
Well if you do it let us know because I'm in KC often and wanna hear what it sounds like!

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Well if you do it let us know because I'm in KC often and wanna hear what it sounds like!
Will do!

I rented out i29 speedway road course Sept 23rd. I'll be bringing a couple cameras, data logger, GPS, and a proper mic with a mic sock. That will record the sound experienced on track (spending 75% of the time at wot) fairly accurately.

Edit: in stock config anyway... I always test things out in stock form first.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Speaking of Invidia, just saw the boys over at the FL5 forums announce a new option. Checked out a few fk8 videos for reference and the volume and tone sound pretty good for street use.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I got a few youtube creators I really enjoy watching when it comes to cars , maybe 5-6 people that seem to really know there stuff and put out some great video content .
Speaking of Invidia, just saw the boys over at the FL5 forums announce a new option. Checked out a few fk8 videos for reference and the volume and tone sound pretty good for street use.
Used to have the Invidia exhaust on my S2000 , it was so loud. Not sure if its the same for the fl5 but hoping they bring it to the type s.

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
Roasting YouTubers? I’m just an everyday Integra owner who enjoys sharing my experience through videos. I don’t earn anything from these videos, and certainly not enough to cover the cost of parts. In many ways, it's more of a time and money waste than anything else. But I do it to contribute to the community.

My hope is that by raising awareness of the platform, we’ll see more aftermarket support and options for parts in the future.

Also, Shout out to Que. I enjoy his content.

But yeah, back to the topic at hand, I actually really like the milltek exhaust tip. Looks better than the oem one after seeing it in real life. Not the best pictures

1726249543240-zt.jpg

Some random found me driving in LA

1726249612384-63.jpg

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Roasting YouTubers? I’m just an everyday Integra owner who enjoys sharing my experience through videos. I don’t earn anything from these videos, and certainly not enough to cover the cost of parts. In many ways, it's more of a time and money waste than anything else. But I do it to contribute to the community.

My hope is that by raising awareness of the platform, we’ll see more aftermarket support and options for parts in the future.

Also, Shout out to Que. I enjoy his content.

But yeah, back to the topic at hand, I actually really like the milltek exhaust tip. Looks better than the oem one after seeing it in real life. Not the best pictures

1726249543240-zt.jpg

Some random found me driving in LA

1726249612384-63.jpg
Nobody is roasting YouTubers. I am roasting one in particular, because I do not enjoy his content.

You choose a public platform, you deal with "takes". That should be common knowledge for anyone having any sort of online presence. I get takes on my posts on this forum. Case in point.

But at the same time you shouldn't make any assumptions. I've seen your content, I have zero issues with it (could have used some external sound clips from your exhaust vid though). Plus, you have a presence on these boards so that's a plus for me too.

Que's vids reek of clickbait, and I've found them offensively bad to the point where I was irritated I spent time watching them. That's not a sign of quality content, IMHO.

But I'm just a dude on a forum, my opinion should hold no more value than a random commenter on YouTube.

edit- Que seems like a good dude, I'd probably enjoy hanging out with him. His videos are just not worth my time. I'm not attacking him as a person. Hopefully that should be clear but figured I'd say it specifically.

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
Que does use clickbait, but nothing out of the ordinary. He did get a lot of attention after Jalopnik referenced his video.

As for my exhaust video, external sound clips of me driving would have definitely enhanced it. In fact, I had planned to include them. To be honest, I was feeling LAZY and didn’t want to set up my camera on a tripod and drive past it. I was already pretty tired after the installation. Plus, my wife and 1-year-old wanted me to wrap things up and spend the rest of Saturday with them.

I'll try to record some in my future videos. The exhaust is "broken" in and it sounds almost the same. It gotten a hair or two deeper.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Que does use clickbait, but nothing out of the ordinary. He did get a lot of attention after Jalopnik referenced his video.

As for my exhaust video, external sound clips of me driving would have definitely enhanced it. In fact, I had planned to include them. To be honest, I was feeling LAZY and didn’t want to set up my camera on a tripod and drive past it. I was already pretty tired after the installation. Plus, my wife and 1-year-old wanted me to wrap things up and spend the rest of Saturday with them.

I'll try to record some in my future videos. The exhaust is "broken" in and it sounds almost the same. It gotten a hair or two deeper.
Totally get it, everything you state about being lazy is exactly why I never considered trying my hand at doing anything like that. Plus the whole exposure thing. I'm content to hide behind my keyboard on car forums and anonymous commenting thank you very much.

It was still a good video... primarily because I did NOT get the sense you were intentionally trying to drive "clicks", or draw out the video length or whatever it is the annoying YouTubers try to do.

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
Yup!

Most people are really there for the sound clips/comparison, so putting them at the beginning is the way to go. Surprisingly, a lot of viewers enjoy the longer "vlog" format, and it works well for the algorithm too. I try cater to both crowds.

I appreciate your feedback, and will strive to do better on the next one.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup!

Most people are really there for the sound clips/comparison, so putting them at the beginning is the way to go. Surprisingly, a lot of viewers enjoy the longer "vlog" format, and it works well for the algorithm too. I try cater to both crowds.

I appreciate your feedback, and will strive to do better on the next one.
So just to clarify- a longer vid that has a lot of relevant details and impressions without delving into random off-topic nonsense like what turned me off with Q's videos is appreciated.

Specifics- What sealed the deal for my negative impression with Q was him rambling on for what felt like an eternity about how his Uber driver's car smelled. I remember the moment vividly. Unless you're doing a podcast where people tune in to hear a stream of consciousness, you could easily just keep that shit to yourself my man.
Sponsored