Sponsored

HUD question

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
Am I doing something incorrectly here or is this a software glitch: my HUD will sometimes show me nav and other times will not. I haven’t been able to figure out a reason yet. As an example - set the nav guidance, nothing appeared. Drove 2 hours and had lunch. Came out and it was working. Stopped 45 min later for gas. Get back in and not working. this was Google maps. Maybe I need to try Apple Maps? I just find it very strange.
Sponsored

AsianEd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra TypeS
By default, my HUD will only show information when there is a turn coming up. There is a setting where you can change the display. Iirc, the options are:

Off
Speed
Navigation (shows compass when nav not active)
Driver assist

It works for me with Google maps and Waze via Android Auto.

woah!

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
If you have an iPhone, it'll only work with Apple Maps.

OP
OP

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok - thanks. I didn’t realize it had to be Apple Maps.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah... Google maps has worked for me in the past- but Waze does NOT.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I use Apple Maps and mine behaves the same way - mostly just shows up before the next turn. I think this may be by design. I have my HUD set to to driver assist page and it makes sense that those items would override the navigation when necessary.

I just wish they could fit a bit more info in the HUD, such as music info, and maybe show the compass on other pages instead of giving it its own page. Or ather than giving it pages, give it a fixed layout on a single page, and allow drivers to choose which items they want or don't to see.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
My experience is that Google Mpas and Waze won't show directions on the HUD. Apple Maps will....

Sadly, I never use Apple Maps.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S and 2 '23 Integras, 1 6MT, 1 CVT
Do any of the people having Google maps display in the HUD have iPhones?
Mine only works with Apple Maps, which I also never use.

Sponsored

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
I use Apple Maps and mine behaves the same way - mostly just shows up before the next turn. I think this may be by design. I have my HUD set to to driver assist page and it makes sense that those items would override the navigation when necessary.

I just wish they could fit a bit more info in the HUD, such as music info, and maybe show the compass on other pages instead of giving it its own page. Or ather than giving it pages, give it a fixed layout on a single page, and allow drivers to choose which items they want or don't to see.
I really don’t know why they couldn’t put the current gear (number or H pattern indicator) in the HUD for the manuals.

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
I really don’t know why they couldn’t put the current gear (number or H pattern indicator) in the HUD for the manuals.
That’s the real question! I wish Acura would listen to its customers in forums like this one.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S and 2 '23 Integras, 1 6MT, 1 CVT
That's ironic. I've had 10 sticks and never had a tougher time telling what gear I'm in than this one. I think it's a combo of the gates and gear ratios being super close. I have shifted from 6th to 6th plenty of times!

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
That’s the real question! I wish Acura would listen to its customers in forums like this one.
You might have better luck reaching out to them directly: Acura Client Relations

I’ve sent an email asking for it. The car can do OTA updates, and I can’t imagine why this couldn’t be added to the HUD via software.

OP
OP

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As an update used Apple Maps today. HUD displayed the nav until I stopped for gas and after that it didn’t display. Not sure why not.
Sponsored