Sponsored

HUD question

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
I really don’t know why they couldn’t put the current gear (number or H pattern indicator) in the HUD for the manuals.
You have trouble knowing what gear you in? I don't need gears on the over head display. Waste of space. Just look at your speedometer
Sponsored

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
You have trouble knowing what gear you in? I don't need gears on the over head display. Waste of space. Just look at your speedometer
I guess I just like that little bit of "confirmation" with such a short shifter. I wouldn't say it's a deal-breaker by any means just that there is still a bit of space on the HUD near the speed that could easily fit a single digit or graphic for the current gear.

With the same logic we don't need the current speed displayed either right? Just look at your RPM and gear and you'll know!

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
I guess I just like that little bit of "confirmation" with such a short shifter. I wouldn't say it's a deal-breaker by any means just that there is still a bit of space on the HUD near the speed that could easily fit a single digit or graphic for the current gear.

With the same logic we don't need the current speed displayed either right? Just look at your RPM and gear and you'll know!
You do need current speed display so u don't get pull over if you are accidentally speeding in front of troopers and cops.

I can understand if u need gears for padel shifter but driving a sticks is a muscle memory thing.
I get you about a small single digit for the Hud. It doesn't hurt to have extra. The more the merrier

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
HUD accord.jpg

This is the HUD on my Accord. An adapted version of this would be useful for track driving on the Type S. Honda/Acura definitely have the capability!
Wth, the Accord has RPM on it?

It'd be nice if we got even just shift lights on there. That's a Type R feature I wish this car had. I get there's the blinking red but the shift lights for me are better.

Sponsored

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
HUD accord.jpg

This is the HUD on my Accord. An adapted version of this would be useful for track driving on the Type S. Honda/Acura definitely have the capability!
AP2 style HUD? Oh man… now I’m jealous.

porkster

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS - ABP
Yep, reminds me of the one in my AP2 S2000. I should try to see if the red part blinks too on redline but I doubt it.

2020 Accord 2.0T Touring MSRP was $37k. Comes with the same 2.0T motor detuned, adaptive suspension, heat/ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, moonroof, homelink, LED headlights/fogs, 19" wheels. But man that HUD really gets me.. that would have cost nothing to add that functionality to the ITS.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yep, reminds me of the one in my AP2 S2000. I should try to see if the red part blinks too on redline but I doubt it.

2020 Accord 2.0T Touring MSRP was $37k. Comes with the same 2.0T motor detuned, adaptive suspension, heat/ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, moonroof, homelink, LED headlights/fogs, 19" wheels. But man that HUD really gets me.. that would have cost nothing to add that functionality to the ITS.
Careful, it's controversial in these here parts to talk about what's missing on the premium Acura vs the Accord that's almost $20k less.

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Careful, it's controversial in these here parts to talk about what's missing on the premium Acura vs the Accord that's almost $20k less.
The Accords are great, but the days of a V6 manual Accord are over. If you want Touring level package you’re going hybrid + CVT for the current gen.

They just aren’t going to be performance oriented. I was even looking at the TLX Type-S for the lazy power V6 but sadly they’re auto only.

Going from CVT to 6MT in the Integra is a $5k jump, then factoring in the 19” lightweight alloy wheels, wide body kit, and other things the $20k difference isn’t as surprising. Sure, some of it may be brand and badge tax for the ITS, but I’m sure there’s parts too.

I’ve seen they’re moving to the L-series motors in Accords now too, the K20 from the CTR is a thing of the past. If memory serves… the 10th gen Accord still used a smaller turbo in the 2.0T variants along with other detuned things so it’s not just a matter of flashing the ECU.

The Integra is essentially a modern RSX (and RSX-S) with four doors and no wing. I can’t really be mad at that.

It’s just a little disappointing that Acura seemed to overlook extending the Type-S “specialness” and badging to the HUD. It would be quite easy to do and add that extra little bit of magic. I think it’s funny how Honda did similar with the 8th/9th gen Civic Si, giving them red-lit dash and spedos compared to the blue in the base models. This is even easier with just software!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The HUD is minimal effort, especially compared to other cars. The M4 I had was pretty exceptional in this department- 10 years ago.

Is it worth more than a passing comment? Do I feel like writing up Acura Client Relations with a strongly-worded email demanding they improve it with a software update? No. (Those that do- don't get your hopes up.)

So now if someone wants to spam the forums complaining about the HUD with expletive-laden rants at every opportunity, they can expect to get pointed and laughed at.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The HUD is minimal effort, especially compared to other cars. The M4 I had was pretty exceptional in this department- 10 years ago.

Is it worth more than a passing comment? Do I feel like writing up Acura Client Relations with a strongly-worded email demanding they improve it with a software update? No. (Those that do- don't get your hopes up.)

So now if someone wants to spam the forums complaining about the HUD with expletive-laden rants at every opportunity, they can expect to get pointed and laughed at.
I doubt they will offer any software updates. It's not a Tesla.

Evolving_e63

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S , 2003 Evo, 2018 AMG E63s
Mine has always worked with Google Maps until today. I came on here to see if there was a reason for this. I wonder of android auto has anything to do with it?

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Mine has always worked with Google Maps until today. I came on here to see if there was a reason for this. I wonder of android auto has anything to do with it?
Maybe. New update?
Sponsored