Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
This is what has me nervous until I sign paperwork. My last couple car buying adventures did not go so well. One dealer I was working with has already done this "escalating ADM" tactic, but at least they had enough decency to not take a deposit. This situation seems to be gearing up to piss a lot of people off.

It's going to catch up to these dealers, and my guess is sooner rather than later. Talking to my sales guy (who for now is super transparent and I really like...), he's already seeing it as a regular occurrence of people taking massive negative equity into more new car purchases from paying markups in the past couple years on "normal" cars. They may make a few bucks extra commission now, but when so many people are underwater on their financing they won't be buying cars later. It doesn't make sense.

Some dealers have realized this since the beginning but I feel like even they are starting to cave... it's like waiting in line and people keep shoving past you. You're trying to do the right thing but you can only take so much before you snap.

This cannot be good for the automotive industry, but who's going to step in and stop them? Manufacturers seem to be playing the whole "we discourage markups" (Jon Rivers has already said this in one of the FB groups...), but they are complicit in this shit; they could step in and force them to stop. But they're not. They seem to be trying to play the long game by incrementally raising MSRP, or like with the ITS, pricing it above expectations. Fed isn't going to do anything because the dealers are in their pockets.

This is all happening right before a paradigm shift for the industry in moving to electric too... does no one have the foresight to put the clamps on this shit before it spirals out of control? Hell it's probably already too late, and it's just a land grab to make as much money as they can now before everything freezes over.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
This is what has me nervous until I sign paperwork. My last couple car buying adventures did not go so well. One dealer I was working with has already done this "escalating ADM" tactic, but at least they had enough decency to not take a deposit. This situation seems to be gearing up to piss a lot of people off.

It's going to catch up to these dealers, and my guess is sooner rather than later. Talking to my sales guy (who for now is super transparent and I really like...), he's already seeing it as a regular occurrence of people taking massive negative equity into more new car purchases from paying markups in the past couple years on "normal" cars. They may make a few bucks extra commission now, but when so many people are underwater on their financing they won't be buying cars later. It doesn't make sense.

Some dealers have realized this since the beginning but I feel like even they are starting to cave... it's like waiting in line and people keep shoving past you. You're trying to do the right thing but you can only take so much before you snap.

This cannot be good for the automotive industry, but who's going to step in and stop them? Manufacturers seem to be playing the whole "we discourage markups" (Jon Rivers has already said this in one of the FB groups...), but they are complicit in this shit; they could step in and force them to stop. But they're not. They seem to be trying to play the long game by incrementally raising MSRP, or like with the ITS, pricing it above expectations. Fed isn't going to do anything because the dealers are in their pockets.

This is all happening right before a paradigm shift for the industry in moving to electric too... does no one have the foresight to put the clamps on this shit before it spirals out of control? Hell it's probably already too late, and it's just a land grab to make as much money as they can now before everything freezes over.
This phenomena isn’t exclusive to the auto industry. People have been overpaying for real estate way above actual value and taking out massive loans with ridiculous interest rates. We’ve seen the price of many things go up 2x, 3x and we are being told it’s, inflation, pandemic, supply chain, and a lot of these issues we keep needing to printing money for. The reality is much of this is manufactured. The FED will keep printing into manufactured crises to further devalue the dollar and raising rates.

Always a new health crisis, keep financing wars and now global warming climate crisis. Whichever side you fall on in any of these issues, salary has nowhere near kept pace with rising costs of goods and living costs. As a double EE major working in the hydropower renewable industry, I think this whole electric cars “paradigm shift” is horse dung.

If every single person went to get an EV right now and plugged it into their homes, the whole grid would collapse and we do not generate nearly enough power to support it anyway. How can some states try to simultaneously try to ban petroleum cars while still trying to limit how much electricity people use? The cost of an EV battery is astronomical and consumers have to pay premiums anyway, not to mention it’s already harmful for the earth to dig up raw materials for these batteries.

If people like EV in general there’s nothing wrong with it but people should have a choice. I’ll take the ICE cars please, with engine humming, manual shifting and exhaust crackling sounds. As it stands I’d have to waitlist patiently for the ITS and there’s no sense paying ADM when prices are already high. If anyone is financing, please be smart about it. We’re being herded like cattle, don’t set yourself up for financial ruin

Magneto198

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT
Dallas, Texas. The message I got from the general manager of Goodson Acura.

"We typically don't charge a market adjustment on any of our high volume models/trim levels. Infact, the only time we do is when there is low production high performance/high demand/low volume model or trim like Integra Type S or NSX. Acura will only be producing 6,000 units and most Acura dealers are charging a market adjustment of $10,000-$20,000. Last I checked, Honda dealers were asking $15K-$20K over for the Type R Civic. At $5,000, thats significantly lower than what the market is doing on these cars."

So basically I should be grateful this is only MSRP + $5k market adjustment.

Hype R

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX A-spec
Ed Martin in Indiana stated they were no markup only optional accessories, none forced, when I bought my plebian integra. I don't know if they plan on changing that with the type s. Their finance/admin dept. could not answer a phone call to save their life though when I was trying to find out OTD cost.

Your emoji says enough about my feelings on Jeff Wyler.
Good to hear, I was in talks with their internet sales team and they stopped responding to my simple questions. I’ll go in and press reset to see what happens.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Dallas, Texas. The message I got from the general manager of Goodson Acura.

"We typically don't charge a market adjustment on any of our high volume models/trim levels. Infact, the only time we do is when there is low production high performance/high demand/low volume model or trim like Integra Type S or NSX. Acura will only be producing 6,000 units and most Acura dealers are charging a market adjustment of $10,000-$20,000. Last I checked, Honda dealers were asking $15K-$20K over for the Type R Civic. At $5,000, thats significantly lower than what the market is doing on these cars."

How would they know Acura is only producing 6000 ITS? Hope that isn’t the case. What flagship car would they use to be the face of the company at that point?

Sponsored

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX

Honda/acura has probably lost a loyal customer in me possibly forever with this bullshit markups. Over 6 months I had a deposit down being told they don't do markups. Put it down before pricing was released or we even knew what the car was going to look like. Then the owner tells the salesman that there will be a 5k markup and made it seem like i should be greatful since others will be 10k but I had a deposit down so long. That markup is going straight into the owners pockets and to someone that is a multi millionaire. Im a blue collar worker that works hard and long hours, im not an eat the rich kind of guy but you will never see me hand a check to a millionaire for $5,000 just so I can have the pleasure of doing business with them.

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
Did they mention when eta’s of white/black being built? Just curious to see where they are in the production process

First off, congratulations to everyone that has their ITS locked in/pending. Wishing the best of luck to everyone else hoping to secure one soon, including me. I’m looking for white ext/black int, but also settling for silver or gray ext with black int. My ideal timeline is picking one up in 4-6 months. I’m in East Bay, CA.

NorCal Acuras:

Pleasanton - Confirmed MSRP + $1000 acc, $1000 deposit (I’m #18 on locals waitlist 🫠; they also have a non-locals waitlist)

Los Gatos - $14K “accessories adjustment”

Concord - $15K ADM + $5K deposit + credit check (they have incoming white/blk, help give me strength to ignore them!)

Stockton - $15K ADM

Fairfield - $5-7K ADM

Oakland - $10K ADM

Modesto - MSRP, no accessories

Fremont - $10K ADM

Elk Grove - $10K ADM

Niello - $10-20K ADM

SoCal:

DCH Tustin - $15K ADM (allotted 20!)

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Did they mention when eta’s of white/black being built? Just curious to see where they are in the production process
Will, the general sales manager at Concord, said that the build date for their incoming white/black is in July

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
First off, congratulations to everyone that has their ITS locked in/pending. Wishing the best of luck to everyone else hoping to secure one soon, including me. I’m looking for white ext/black int, but also settling for silver or gray ext with black int. My ideal timeline is picking one up in 4-6 months. I’m in East Bay, CA.

NorCal Acuras:

Pleasanton - Confirmed MSRP + $1000 acc, $1000 deposit (I’m #18 on locals waitlist 🫠; they also have a non-locals waitlist)

Los Gatos - $14K “accessories adjustment”

Concord - $15K ADM + $5K deposit + credit check (they have incoming white/blk, help give me strength to ignore them!)

Stockton - $15K ADM

Fairfield - $5-7K ADM

Oakland - $10K ADM

Modesto - MSRP, no accessories

Fremont - $10K ADM

Elk Grove - $10K ADM

Niello - $10-20K ADM

SoCal:

DCH Tustin - $15K ADM (allotted 20!)
Cali is so expensive

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Sorry you are right my 11k came from the fact they charged destination again. I rounded down !
Honda/acura has probably lost a loyal customer in me possibly forever with this bullshit markups. Over 6 months I had a deposit down being told they don't do markups. Put it down before pricing was released or we even knew what the car was going to look like. Then the owner tells the salesman that there will be a 5k markup and made it seem like i should be greatful since others will be 10k but I had a deposit down so long. That markup is going straight into the owners pockets and to someone that is a multi millionaire. Im a blue collar worker that works hard and long hours, im not an eat the rich kind of guy but you will never see me hand a check to a millionaire for $5,000 just so I can have the pleasure of doing business with them.
See if you can negotiate accessories instead of markup. At least you will get something out of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Everything is a premium over there. Taxes, fees, gas price, living costs and goods. Not ideal for people trying to build a future. $10k-15k adm for ITS is ridiculous
Probably why people are leaving the state.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Acura will only be producing 6,000 units and most Acura dealers are charging a market adjustment of $10,000-$20,000. Last I checked, Honda dealers were asking $15K-$20K over for the Type R Civic. At $5,000, thats significantly lower than what the market is doing on these cars."

How would they know Acura is only producing 6000 ITS? Hope that isn’t the case. What flagship car would they use to be the face of the company at that point?
Acura's already been quoted as saying the ITS will only make up 10% of overall Integra production--they're aiming to push 28,000 Integras this year, so 2,800 ITS (possibly), and 36,000 Integras next year, so 3,600 ITS' (possibly).

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Acura's already been quoted as saying the ITS will only make up 10% of overall Integra production--they're aiming to push 28,000 Integras this year, so 2,800 ITS (possibly), and 36,000 Integras next year, so 3,600 ITS' (possibly).
So that’s 6,400 in two years. The way I read the comment was 6000 ITS ever and then it’s gone.

Maybe there will be a refresh for 2025-2026.
Sponsored