Sponsored

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
From what I understand, Columbia won't definitively say how many they have on their list. We can speculate about how many it might be, or if/why Acura Columbus has such a long(er) list, or how many people waiting on the list might pass up an allocation... but might be easy enough to say sometimes life makes no sense.
I called them a couple times. One time Columbia specifically told me they had 22 on the books. The second time I was told between 20-25. Take that for what it’s worth.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I called them a couple times. One time Columbia specifically told me they had 22 on the books. The second time I was told between 20-25. Take that for what it’s worth.
Same response here

Angeloand

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX-S
Update on Acura of Omaha. They have removed the tire/windshield protection and only asking for MSRP + $1.2k accessories.

For anyone trying to get onto their list, it is a 500 deposit and there are 12 people on their waitlist, and they have no idea how many cars they will be receiving for the year.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Spreen Acura (Riverside, CA) via the sales manager: "other dealerships are charging between $67k -$87k." Chewed Spreen out over e-maill and got personally butt hurt, so never got their price. Safe to say then, most definitely $10k+ markup like the other California dealerships are trying to charge.

Sponsored

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I got on the list for Acura of Pleasanton, just fyi its 22+ now and eta is 2 years, and its only for local residents (east bay area that is) btw. The $1K Acc consists of 3 things (Wheel Locks, Tint, Nitrogen) for those interested.

Acura of Pleasanton - MSRP+ $1k Acc 🤔
That's not bad, I doubt all 22 people will buy when their name is called, I'm sure several will either buy a different car or get the Type S elsewhere, so it'll probably be much less than 2 years since dealers are probably getting 1-2 each month.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
And you are 150% entitled to hold out for that. We all have our individual tolerances... IIRC it was you that also refused to do a credit check for a test drive, so it's clear your tolerance for dealer horseshit is very low. I wish everyone had the same standards, it would hold these dealers accountable for sure.

It does restrict your available options, but on the other side it's definitely better to steer clear of anything that could lead to regret later on. These cars aren't unicorns, I have a feeling that people will be able to get them under conditions they find acceptable if they're willing to wait for a bit, or put in some legwork. Or get lucky with local dealers.

Personally, I'm an easy upsell on options so I've selected quite a few of them. Everything carbon, shift knob, floor/cargo mats, heated wheel, illuminated door sills, and probably blacked out emblems and mud flaps. Oh, and pet liner. I'd probably get the wheels too if I could keep the ones it came with for a winter set.
I found a YouTuber (Money shift) who bought in NH ( Sunnyside Acura in NH ) for MSRP and made a video, I reached out to the dealership but being the Holiday weekend nobody has replied yet, I suspect this week I will hear back.

I also have been working with two dealers in my state, CT, and one of them has told me I can buy at MSRP because I also plan to buy an RDX within a year of taking delivery of the ITS, I don't know how that will actually play out when the time comes but it is one of my only options so far.
I too made a list of accessories I would want, and they add up to just under $2k so as an incentive I told each dealer I would buy if at MSRP and the only dealer add on's were the ones I listed specifically.
I figure if I cannot avoid a markup 100% then I would drop the accessories to save that $2k to minimize any unwanted market adjustment that might come along.

I'm hoping when I am ready to buy, (December/Jan) things will be a bit better in the new car market and being last Quarter and or heading into 2024 with new allocation numbers becoming available that I will be able to buy for MSRP, I hope, because it really is at the very high end of what I would call my budget.
I mean sure I can afford a more expensive car, but it would then limit other things I also want.

akosijohn

First Name
John Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si (Sonic Grey Pearl)
In California at under MSRP? Seems too good to be true, especially since it is wearing the $2000 optional wheels.

My Spidey sense is telling me they would pull a fast one on anyone looking to grab it, by forcing mandatory upgrades or something.... Though I'd love to be proven wrong
Me and my dad just went down there today. Once we got there it was listed for 75k. My dad emailed and claimed that they would gave it to him for 62k but the salesperson told him that it doesnt apply to the fully loaded ones.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R

Sponsored

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
My local Acura dealer in NJ, Elite Acura, is charging at least $5K over and they pre sold the demo so no one can actually drive the demo. It’s an “on the show room floor demo only” now, until the white car with accessories demo timer runs out. Bummer. They won’t even entertain talk that someday or some year that it will be MSRP. A far cry from the previous “we never mark up” statements that were often made and was true at this dealer in the past year about the normal Integra 6MT, TLX TS, and MDX TS. With the ITS, they have changed their tune on this policy. I’m must say, I was highly disappointed. They said in the past “we don’t do that because we are run by a larger corporation.”

Last edited:

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Just got off the phone with AutoNation Acura of Colorado Springs. They are + 7500 ADM, and they're telling people they're only making 200 this year, and getting 4 of them. I hate dealers lol
Update for Colorado, Fisher Acura +6000 accessories +2000 ADM so looking at +8k over MSRP and anyone inquiring now won’t get an ITS until 2024. No test driving. 4 allocation for 2023

Mile High Acura +12k ADM/Accessories. No test driving

Courtesy Acura no longer accepting waitlists. Demo vehicles are all sold and cannot be test driven. 5 allocated for 2023.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Update for Colorado, Fisher Acura +6000 accessories +2000 ADM so looking at +8k over MSRP and anyone inquiring now won’t get an ITS until 2024. No test driving. 4 allocation for 2023

Mile High Acura +12k ADM/Accessories. No test driving

Courtesy Acura no longer accepting waitlists. Demo vehicles are all sold and cannot be test driven. 5 allocated for 2023.
You still in the market for a Type S or did you find a location? Call Acura of Omaha. There list shouldn't be too big.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
You still in the market for a Type S or did you find a location? Call Acura of Omaha. There list shouldn't be too big.
Still in the market for a type S. I’m on the list with courtesy Acura, although I got on the list early (April) I’m still 12th. Which is pretty far down and I’m not sure when it will be I will get my first choice color combo.

Im hesitant to get on too many lists as the deposit isn’t always refundable or only partially refundable. Courtesy Acura has been very up front. The sales manager im working with us Rick, honest gentleman. They stopped taking anymore on the waitlist as they don’t want to sit on people’s deposits for a year maybe more while not being able to promise anyone an ITS

AAWIN

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Cayman S; 2024 Integra TypeS (pre-ordered)
Fox Acura of Ann Arbor, Michigan is charging ~$8000 in accessories claiming to charge at MSRP, but they said accessories are required... They also claim that they are not charging any markup; however, when you look at their accessory pricing, items are either 50% more expensive all the way to double the price.

Fox Acura Ann Arbor - MSRP + $5,000 ACC🤔+ $3,000 ADM 💩
Sponsored