Sponsored

Bigislander

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Iā€™m new to this forum, and only wanted to join once I became a Type S owner. I knew once the new Integra was introduced it was only a matter of time that the Type S would be coming, so I waited, and sure enough a year later it was confirmed. I drove the ASpect Tech, and it was nice, but not enough to get me to purchase one.

I came to this forum and from this thread for ā€˜Honest Dealersā€™. I contacted Acura of Omaha. I talked to Scott and confirmed MSRP + a few accessories, but they allowed me to swap what they wanted for what I wanted. I got an agreement on 6/10/23. I was 7th on their list. I am in California and the markups are just too much here. I expected my wait would be 3-4 months.

Scott told me they delivered their demo ITS in white/red earlier this week and I moved up to 5th. Their next allocation would be 2nd week of August. My colot list was PWP/red, PRP, LCM/red. Well, today 7/27/23. I get a message from Scott that they received a car that came out of the blue in PWP/red and itā€™s mine if I want it. But, the sale has to be done by Monday. In all, paperwork will be here tomorrow. My accessoriesā€¦carbon fiber spoiler, mirror caps and wheel locks will get installed on Monday. I will finalize shipping tomorrow for about $1000. I say all of this to help those out there who want a car, that there are good dealers. I will post pictures once I receive the car. I canā€™t waitā€¦Oh, and one more thing. All of this happened today on my birthday. I guess it was meant to be!

B-RapidK20

First Name
Sherm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GX460, 2022 Cayman GTS, 2022 Corolla hatch
Iā€™m new to this forum, and only wanted to join once I became a Type S owner. I knew once the new Integra was introduced it was only a matter of time that the Type S would be coming, so I waited, and sure enough a year later it was confirmed. I drove the ASpect Tech, and it was nice, but not enough to get me to purchase one.

I came to this forum and from this thread for ā€˜Honest Dealersā€™. I contacted Acura of Omaha. I talked to Scott and confirmed MSRP + a few accessories, but they allowed me to swap what they wanted for what I wanted. I got an agreement on 6/10/23. I was 7th on their list. I am in California and the markups are just too much here. I expected my wait would be 3-4 months.

Scott told me they delivered their demo ITS in white/red earlier this week and I moved up to 5th. Their next allocation would be 2nd week of August. My colot list was PWP/red, PRP, LCM/red. Well, today 7/27/23. I get a message from Scott that they received a car that came out of the blue in PWP/red and itā€™s mine if I want it. But, the sale has to be done by Monday. In all, paperwork will be here tomorrow. My accessoriesā€¦carbon fiber spoiler, mirror caps and wheel locks will get installed on Monday. I will finalize shipping tomorrow for about $1000. I say all of this to help those out there who want a car, that there are good dealers. I will post pictures once I receive the car. I canā€™t waitā€¦Oh, and one more thing. All of this happened today on my birthday. I guess it was meant to be!
Congrats! Canā€™t wait to see your new ride. I am also in California and have been tirelessly looking for an Integra Type S. This thread definitely helped a bunch and I finally found a dealer not so far out of state and Iā€™m 4th on the list. Unfortunately they are a smaller volume dealer but was told I should get one in less then 6months. The only mandatory requirement was the protection package 1 which is all season floor mats, trunk trays, and splash guards. $1000 for delivery seems like a good deal? Is that through Acuraā€™s network? I do plan on driving it back and to get through the annoying break in miles. It also puts me in a region where getting PPF is 50% off California prices.

Bigislander

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Congrats! Canā€™t wait to see your new ride. I am also in California and have been tirelessly looking for an Integra Type S. This thread definitely helped a bunch and I finally found a dealer not so far out of state and Iā€™m 4th on the list. Unfortunately they are a smaller volume dealer but was told I should get one in less then 6months. The only mandatory requirement was the protection package 1 which is all season floor mats, trunk trays, and splash guards. $1000 for delivery seems like a good deal? Is that through Acuraā€™s network? I do plan on driving it back and to get through the annoying break in miles. It also puts me in a region where getting PPF is 50% off California prices.
You shouldnā€™t have to wait too long being 4th on the list. Flexibility on color helps. I had TEP on my list, but I would have been 5th in line for that color. Shipping responsibility belongs to the buyer, so you have to search. Iā€™ve had several cars shipped, so itā€™s not that big a deal. $1000 is fair from that distance. I paid about $600 to get a car from Washington state. What are your color options? Iā€m also having the dealer leave all the plastic and papers on when itā€™s shipped.

B-RapidK20

First Name
Sherm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GX460, 2022 Cayman GTS, 2022 Corolla hatch
You shouldnā€™t have to wait too long being 4th on the list. Flexibility on color helps. I had TEP on my list, but I would have been 5th in line for that color. Shipping responsibility belongs to the buyer, so you have to search. Iā€™ve had several cars shipped, so itā€™s not that big a deal. $1000 is fair from that distance. I paid about $600 to get a car from Washington state. What are your color options? Iā€m also having the dealer leave all the plastic and papers on when itā€™s shipped.
Just no red interior for me. But I did give the SA my first 3 preferred colors. MBP/PWP/ABP. I hope to have the same luck and get that call the end of August my birthday also. šŸ˜†

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Some follow-up on the finance rate discussion. When I was closing today I discussed this topic with the finance manager. He told me that Honda/Acura finance has made a point of attempting to compete with the credit unions. As I said before, in my case they did in fact beat my credit union by over a point. Originally I had no intention of letting the dealership run my credit, but I'm glad I did.

Sponsored

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
More for the list:
1. Mcggrath Acura of Morton Grove Illinois (my purchase dealership)
I can't speak to if they will honor MSRP for every car but the GM was open to negotiate with local buyers only.

2. Muller Acura of Merrillville Indiana
They were asking 10k over and still have a dealer demo unclaimed at $64k
*note* I was negotiating with them on the demo before closing with McGrath. They did seem somewhat receptive, but ultimately we couldn't get there. Another few weeks and the may give up the ADM.

BklynITS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I just wanted to briefly share my purchase experience of my ITS only because I'm reading all of these posts of people waiting months and months for one. I can give you a tiny bit of background also. I didn't really know a whole lot about the Integra Type S even though I'm a huge car nut. Two weekends ago just to kill some time I took my son for a ride to a local dealership that had their white demo in stock in their showroom. I just wanted to see one in person. I truly thought it was incredible. The lines, the wheels, the stance, all the carbon fiber. I couldn't stop thinking about it day after day. I friggin loved it! My dealership, like many others wanted $10k markup. I respectfully told them I wasn't interested but I secretly was. My sales advisor was a real gentleman. Not pushy at all. Very knowledgeable and super nice. We stayed in touch via text and he kept sending me lower numbers. $5k over sticker, then it was $3k, then it was $1k, then it was MSRP. Long story less long, I took delivery of the car on Tuesday at $500 off of MSRP. The moral of this post is there are dealerships out there willing to negotiate. Of course they shoot for the moon but will settle for much less! Be consistent and firm and don't let these dealers tell you lies! Good luck ITS hunting everyone, I'm loving mine :)

Whz5i9h.jpg

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Did you pay for all the accessories on it too??

I just wanted to briefly share my purchase experience of my ITS only because I'm reading all of these posts of people waiting months and months for one. I can give you a tiny bit of background also. I didn't really know a whole lot about the Integra Type S even though I'm a huge car nut. Two weekends ago just to kill some time I took my son for a ride to a local dealership that had their white demo in stock in their showroom. I just wanted to see one in person. I truly thought it was incredible. The lines, the wheels, the stance, all the carbon fiber. I couldn't stop thinking about it day after day. I friggin loved it! My dealership, like many others wanted $10k markup. I respectfully told them I wasn't interested but I secretly was. My sales advisor was a real gentleman. Not pushy at all. Very knowledgeable and super nice. We stayed in touch via text and he kept sending me lower numbers. $5k over sticker, then it was $3k, then it was $1k, then it was MSRP. Long story less long, I took delivery of the car on Tuesday at $500 off of MSRP. The moral of this post is there are dealerships out there willing to negotiate. Of course they shoot for the moon but will settle for much less! Be consistent and firm and don't let these dealers tell you lies! Good luck ITS hunting everyone, I'm loving mine :)

Whz5i9h.jpg

BklynITS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Did you pay for all the accessories on it too??
Yup I did (and I know each dealer marks up the accessories as well) but they weren't too bad. it was for the "installation". haha. At first I wasnt crazy about spending thousands on emblems, shifters and carbon fiber but then I realized that I probably would've purchased all those over time anyways so I was okay with it!

Angeloand

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX-S

Congrats on the car!

I also decided to get on the list with Acura of Omaha. I think I was in the mid to high 10s when I finally placed my deposit. I was expecting at earliest late next year, if at all, since they said they had no idea how many cars they would even be getting.

You said they delivered their demo and are just receiving their 2nd-3rd car? Maybe I'll let my guy know to add PRP to my preferred color, hopefully people pass on it. I saw one in person and it was beautiful.

I also live in California, how'd you get the shipping handled? Did you work with the dealership or did you do your own individual research? Would you be able to let me know which company you ended up using, I was expecting at least 1.5k - 2k shipping.
Sponsored