Sponsored

Poll: 6MT owners, do you use Auto Rev Match?

How often do you use Auto Rev Match feature?

• Total voters

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
I just leave it on. I like that it makes downshifts sound good especially with the 27Won exhaust. The only real niggle I have with it is when you pop the car in neutral it with the clutch in it'll really make it rev hang because it thinks you're going to downshift into the next gear. Other than that, it's fine.
Sponsored

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
The amount of manual drivers who think "engine braking" consists of letting out the clutch and letting the momentum of the car drag the engine back up to speed is worrying. Just leave the damn thing on and stop clutch braking.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I left mine on and haven't been tempted enough to turn it off yet. I'm all for heel-toe and rev-matching yourself but the feature is well-programmed, plus you can override if you manually blip the throttle too. It'll still compensate if you're short a few RPM though, which is nice.

I should turn it off to see how it affects the rev hang on upshifts. I've been curious but overall it's been working really well!

Lekna

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra A-Spec 6M
Had the salesperson turn it off before leaving the dealership and never turned it back on. Given everyone's comments, I may try it. Just assumed I wouldn't like/need/want it.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Auto Rev Matching to manual drivers is like driving a Automatic Transmission. That being said, I'm not a manual snob and I leave it on all the time. I might heel toe or rev match lightly when I feel some resistance from the transmission.

Sponsored

joemama

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Never had a vehicle with auto rev match till the ITS. For daily use, it stays off - system is just too dang good. Took me a while to get used to it, the idea of downshifting without blipping throttle led to me over revving the first few times haha. Once I trusted the system, been a creature comfort ever since especially with inner city commuting.

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
what I really enjoy is the auto brake feature.
Same, the collision mitigation system is so good I don’t even have to worry about hitting the car when I come to a stop. I just let the car do all the work for me, I just wish I could turn off all the extra beeping it does. :p

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Never had a vehicle with auto rev match till the ITS. For daily use, it stays off
I'm with you. The rev match for putzing around town is too extra for me. Not to mention the auto rev match exarcebates rev hang on WOT upshifts.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I've come back to reconsider my position. Been driving with auto rev match off for the past 2 weeks and can conclusively say it's a better driving experience for me. Revs drop quicker and the clutch line mods I've done have a more pronounced, direct effect. I'm able to modulate the pedal better and take off is smoother. Clutch engagement feels more direct between shifts also. I feel the car "does what I tell it to" a bit better.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
Leave it off, or you're no different then those who used these buttons as a kid IYKYK

2024-08-27_11-36-22.jpg

I'm only kidding, but i do leave mine off and hinders alot of daily driving. They really should have just added a button to turn it off or on
Sponsored