Recommended Set of Brake Pads?

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I have to say that the stock brake pads on the Integra seem to have a pretty good bite, cold or not. I think honda brakes typically are not very good, but these seem pretty good for every day driving. I have searched for a good aftermarket pads, and have failed mostly. I liked StopTech Sport the kevlar or para-aramid compound pads but they kept warping my CRV rotors because of the increased friction. I tried Hawk HPS, and the cold initial bite was horrible. Once warmed they were good. I tried EBC green stuff on my '95 GSR and they were horrible for some reason. I think I tried Akebono on my CRV and didn't like it at all. After a while I just went back to stock Honda pads on all my Hondas. I wonder if the current Integra pads are made by Akebono. If anybody has a suggestion for a nice set of pads that would be an improvement over the stock Integra pad, that would be great.
Ditto!
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I have to say that the stock brake pads on the Integra seem to have a pretty good bite, cold or not. I think honda brakes typically are not very good, but these seem pretty good for every day driving. I have searched for a good aftermarket pads, and have failed mostly. I liked StopTech Sport the kevlar or para-aramid compound pads but they kept warping my CRV rotors because of the increased friction. I tried Hawk HPS, and the cold initial bite was horrible. Once warmed they were good. I tried EBC green stuff on my '95 GSR and they were horrible for some reason. I think I tried Akebono on my CRV and didn't like it at all. After a while I just went back to stock Honda pads on all my Hondas. I wonder if the current Integra pads are made by Akebono. If anybody has a suggestion for a nice set of pads that would be an improvement over the stock Integra pad, that would be great.
I do believe akebono does make Acura’s brake pads. I want to say Honda changed brake pads to Nissin. Excluding the ITS and type r which is Brembo

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I do believe akebono does make Acura’s brake pads. I want to say Honda changed brake pads to Nissin. Excluding the ITS and type r which is Brembo
Yes Nissin was not only the pad but also the caliper vendor for honda, may still be.

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra type S
Shit that’s nothing I’m at 29390 😂
Sponsored