RV6 Diverter/Bypass Valve

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type Platinum Perlescent White
Any cons to using this product in order to get more sound from the turbo?

I know technically you're not supposed to use a Vent to Atmosphere BOV because of the MAF. But this valve is identical to stock but is tight and made with better parts and has a piston inside it instead of a bunch of plastic that tears.

Link below for reference and review.

https://rv6-p.com/products/rv6-bypass-valve-for-r660-turbo
Sponsored

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red

I know technically you're not supposed to use a Vent to Atmosphere BOV because of the MAF. But this valve is identical to stock but is tight and made with better parts and has a piston inside it instead of a bunch of plastic that tears.

Iā€™m running the Boomba bov on my Aspec and havent had any issues. That being said thatā€™s for the upgraded R660 turbo they offer and probably wonā€™t work on the stock turbo.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

It will work on both the stock or RV6 turbo. Go for it.
I would get it but it looks like a PIA to access without removing the turbo.
When I upgrade the turbo I will definitely do it then.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Iā€™m running the Boomba bov on my Aspec and havent had any issues. That being said thatā€™s for the upgraded R660 turbo they offer and probably wonā€™t work on the stock turbo.
Can you link to the one that you're running on your ASPEC? This seems like a cool upgrade, was it easy to install?

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Whatā€™s the worst that can happen by running a BOV on our Integras? I hear a bunch of folks running them and on 10th gen civics as well without issues but everyone and their grandma else has been saying itā€™s deadly for us.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Whatā€™s the worst that can happen by running a BOV on our Integras? I hear a bunch of folks running them and on 10th gen civics as well without issues but everyone and their grandma else has been saying itā€™s deadly for us.
If it vents to atmosphere it could mess with the system. Factory recirculates so metered air isn't lost.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

ronlp

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 CTR, 02 S2K, 98-92-89 Prelude, 90 CRX, +6 other
I have a PRL intake on my FK8, and it's actually louder that some BOVs I've heard. It even squeals under load like a slightly quieter hks SS. I'll probably do the same on this car if/when available.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have a PRL intake on my FK8, and it's actually louder that some BOVs I've heard. It even squeals under load like a slightly quieter hks SS. I'll probably do the same on this car if/when available.
I have the Sprint Race Series filter which gives some good sounds (have to take delivery still), but I might plan on going this route when I void the warranty & start doing other stuff. Thanks for the input!

Sponsored

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
It will work on both the stock or RV6 turbo. Go for it.
I would get it but it looks like a PIA to access without removing the turbo.
When I upgrade the turbo I will definitely do it then.
Itā€™s definitely a pain in the ass unless you have a lift and then it should be pretty easy if you remove the hot side charge pipe and go from under the car. Just 3 allen bolts to remove.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
I have the PRL High-Volume Intake on my Integra, and honestly don't notice much of a difference in the sound

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
These cars have a bypass valve system which reroutes the air back into the intake for the car to then use. So it is ā€œprojectedā€ metered air. With a BOV you are venting to atmosphere, which now the car no longer has that metered air that it is expecting to have. Which means it will be shooting more fuel into the combustion chamberā€¦ because it expects that extra metered air from the bypass valveā€¦ but the BOV vented it out so itā€™s just going to have the extra fuel without the extra air. Which means you are now running rich for 1-2 sec every time you build boost and let off the accelerator.

If you have stock cats installed or in an area where you have to do emission testing, a BOV will destroy your cats overtime with the extra unburnt fuel from running rich. Will it do it in 3-4 years? Probably not, but if you do plan to keep this car longer term it will be an issue down the road for sure. Youā€™ll probably also run into more oil dilution with the extra unburnt fuel over time.

Not try trying to discourage anyone. By all means do what makes you happy it is your car! .. but for those asking why itā€™s bad to run.. there is the information
Sponsored

Last edited: