Sponsored

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FL5 Type R, S2000, Ram TRX
Agreed, I'm always interested in the data that can be retrieved after the fact.

I've had to collect data on track before, and often times with a laptop I'm required to have a passenger to hang onto the thing and click buttons at the right time. It's been pretty annoying, especially when I've had no passenger seat and had to install one just to get metrics.

In the "way back when" I had an open source tuner with an SD card on my subaru that could collect most data for me without the laptop and then review later. That was handy, but annoying to have to move the files to the laptop first each time.
Oh yeah that is rough, thankful that technology has advanced enough that both offer logging on their respective dongles/handhelds and not having anything rolling around in the car.

You can retrieve the data later safely and without hassle.

gohan408

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS / S2K
Agree it is good for the market, and it pushes companies to improve their products.
Not everyone views it the same way, and I didn't mean to suggest that you do. I absolutely love having more options. However, it can sometimes seem like people have a superiority complex about their favorite, especially when it comes to mods or tunes.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Not everyone views it the same way, and I didn't mean to suggest that you do. I absolutely love having more options. However, it can sometimes seem like people have a superiority complex about their favorite, especially when it comes to mods or tunes.
IME narrowmindedness is generally driven by lack of understanding and knowledge.

Sponsored

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
hondata is nice, Cobb is nice., they're all nice. Let's not start another "dick-measuring" contest...we had enough of that from the S2000 community
oh please no dick-measuring contests... i can't take another loss today.

hahahah this is all great knowledge thanks guys!

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No offense taken, and I appreciate you guys. I am super transparent about everything I do and my opinions are not biased. I actually used to tune a lot of Cobb on subaru’s for the last 10 years.

But I will always give you guys my honest opinion. On what works and what doesn’t and what limitations or pros or cons each tuning suite has. As far as parts I will also always give my honest recommendations and what works and what is a waste of money. :beer:

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
Had a PRL Rear Motor Mount and an RV6 ceramic coated front pipe put on my car today. Only had a chance to drive it a few minutes home from the shop so can't really comment on the effects of either mod. I don't expect a lot of change from just the front pipe. I'm waiting for my TSP Down Pipe and heat blankets (DP and Turbo) to arrive in a few months before I expect to feel any HP differences. I could tell the motor mount was stiffer but haven't really driven the car enough to see how it changes the feel of it.

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had a PRL Rear Motor Mount and an RV6 ceramic coated front pipe put on my car today. Only had a chance to drive it a few minutes home from the shop so can't really comment on the effects of either mod. I don't expect a lot of change from just the front pipe. I'm waiting for my TSP Down Pipe and heat blankets (DP and Turbo) to arrive in a few months before I expect to feel any HP differences. I could tell the motor mount was stiffer but haven't really driven the car enough to see how it changes the feel of it.
The front pipe will give you a bit more flow but it won’t be noticeable. The downpipe is the biggest restriction in the system for sure.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
The front pipe will give you a bit more flow but it won’t be noticeable. The downpipe is the biggest restriction in the system for sure.
Yeah I basically just got the front pipe because I figured it would round out the downpipe and heat blanket combos and since I was doing the RMM I'd need to probably remove the front pipe anyway.
I'm considering doing a charge pipe and turbo inlet eventually. Currently have a K&N drop in filter. Not sure if I'll do an intake at some point. I don't want the car to be too loud and I'm not sure if the intake actually increases HP.

Sponsored

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I basically just got the front pipe because I figured it would round out the downpipe and heat blanket combos and since I was doing the RMM I'd need to probably remove the front pipe anyway.
I'm considering doing a charge pipe and turbo inlet eventually. Currently have a K&N drop in filter. Not sure if I'll do an intake at some point. I don't want the car to be too loud and I'm not sure if the intake actually increases HP.
When you are pushing big air the intake helps. But I run over 450whp on my R with a stock intake and inlet with a drop in filter.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
When you are pushing big air the intake helps. But I run over 450whp on my R with a stock intake and inlet with a drop in filter.
Why are you not running an intake then if you're going for high HP? I'm not going for high HP with my car just wanna make it more responsive and give it a little more power. I had a DP on my 9th gen Civic SI and I thought it made the engine feel so much more lively compared to stock so I am looking for a similar result with my ITS.

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why are you not running an intake then if you're going for high HP? I'm not going for high HP with my car just wanna make it more responsive and give it a little more power. I had a DP on my 9th gen Civic SI and I thought it made the engine feel so much more lively compared to stock so I am looking for a similar result with my ITS.
Been testing different setups since I tune these cars. Best bang for the buck is tuning, lots of gains for a little investment compared to other mods. Intake will come eventually.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
Been testing different setups since I tune these cars. Best bang for the buck is tuning, lots of gains for a little investment compared to other mods. Intake will come eventually.
Do you think there is much of a benefit to doing a charge pipe with the stock intercooler? I want to keep the intercooler stock for a few reasons but was thinking of doing a charge pipe. Also what are your thoughts on turbo inlet pipes? Especially if I keep the intake stock.

I'll probably get a tune down the road, but not trying to do that right away.

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
Do you think there is much of a benefit to doing a charge pipe with the stock intercooler? I want to keep the intercooler stock for a few reasons but was thinking of doing a charge pipe. Also what are your thoughts on turbo inlet pipes? Especially if I keep the intake stock.

I'll probably get a tune down the road, but not trying to do that right away.
In my opinion you got it backwards. Charge pipes do very little even on an after marker IC. Turbo inlet also doesn’t do much especially with stock intake. I’ll let an expert weigh in, but that’s been my experience with my previous turbo 4 bangers.
Sponsored