Sponsored

Rear seat swap between A-Spec and Type-S?

toda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S4
Anyone know if it's just simple swap on the rear seats between 2 models? It would be just more practical to have a 3 seats rear seat compare to stock 2 seats.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Anyone know if it's just simple swap on the rear seats between 2 models? It would be just more practical to have a 3 seats rear seat compare to stock 2 seats.
Curious as well but I doubt it. I’m sure the reason they removed the fold down armrest is to improve stiffness, so there’s probably more than just a different seat bottom.

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Curious as well but I doubt it. I’m sure the reason they removed the fold down armrest is to improve stiffness, so there’s probably more than just a different seat bottom.
It has been done on the Type R, so my assumption is that it will swap in without issues. I plan to do it also.

Airbag

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S/Apex Blue Pearl/Orchid
They may have eliminated the middle seat because of the reduced weight limit (occupants and cargo) in the ITS. It’s only 680 pounds versus the standard Integra at 850 pounds.(Page 429 in the manual). Not sure why that is.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Is there a third seatbelt in the back of the ITS?

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Is there a third seatbelt in the back of the ITS?
No. 2 seats only. I will be swapping my Aspec rear seats over. I already bought a middle seatbelt buckle, $45.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
No. 2 seats only. I will be swapping my Aspec rear seats over. I already bought a middle seatbelt buckle, $45.
Does the arm rest get swapped over too?

Is this something you can buy or you need a donor car?

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Anyone in the N.E. tri state area that would want to swap out their red type-s rear seats with those of an A-Spec w tech let me know and we can maybe put a plan together; I’d be happy to do so. I don’t have kids nor a bunch of folks I’m driving around and the middle seat is technically unused by me. I also kinda dig the look of just the two rear seats with built in cup holders 🤙

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Anyone in the N.E. tri state area that would want to swap out their red type-s rear seats with those of an A-Spec w tech let me know and we can maybe put a plan together; I’d be happy to do so. I don’t have kids nor a bunch of folks I’m driving around and the middle seat is technically unused by me. I also kinda dig the look of just the two rear seats with built in cup holders 🤙
We should set this up! I bet there would be a number of Integra owners who are willing to swap. I am in Minnesota if anyone is willing to give up their black base model back seat for a Type S version.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm down if anyone would want them when I get my Type S. I'm either swapping with my Aspec but rather trade it in.

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Armrest is part of the rear seats. It is the backrest for the middle rear seat

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)

Short answer is you would want a donor, far too expensive to try to order the parts and have them assembled. But yes, if done properly, you would replace the back as well which would add the arm rest and 3rd headrest. Maybe you could get away with just replacing the bottom section and adding the belt.

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I've been wondering this too a while back. I'm sure it's possible and I'd love to do it.

The voice at the back of my head does keep telling me that insurance might use it as an excuse to not pay if passenger gets injured or something even remotely close to it. Main concern is with adding a seatbelt I think, not so much the seats. Though also passenger weight limit could also be a point of contention.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I've been wondering this too a while back. I'm sure it's possible and I'd love to do it.

The voice at the back of my head does keep telling me that insurance might use it as an excuse to not pay if passenger gets injured or something even remotely close to it. Main concern is with adding a seatbelt I think, not so much the seats. Though also passenger weight limit could also be a point of contention.
The seat belt is built into the seat and the buckle is replaced with a dual unit that shares the same bolt as the existing unit.
Sponsored