Sponsored

Spare Tire Kit

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So we can expect lateral acceleration better than the FL5? I’m kidding but so much of the ITS design philosophy is at odds with itself. Like why chase chassis rigidity, then go and detune the ADS? Edited to add: I get these things aren’t strictly related.

In spite of some news that isn’t great, I’m still counting seconds until I get mine next week.
I think the ITS is 3 to 5% stiffer than the FL5.

Only difference in suspension is the ADS which was everyones gripe on the FL5 saying unless the track is smooth as glass +R suspension can't be used.

So I get why that area was modified, and am happy it is.
Only issues I have are the tacked on rear quarter and door pieces, missing aspec features ( blanking covers shouldn't be acceptable and I don't care about the moon roof), and the cherry on top would be ventilated seats.
Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I have a type s and just checked. There is no threaded receiver and the area is raised to not even fit a spare. Spare tire kit is going back. You would lose storage space and the floor would be uneven.
Can you tell me if there is enough place to put a spare in the trunk where the spare should be? I know it will make the trunk tray sits higher, but in term of circumference, is there enough room? (circumference of the spare would be the same of a regular wheel)

Because if it is just the threaded receiver, it would be fairly easy to make one and weld it in the bottom of the trunk...

There is no way I'm driving the ITS without a spare, especially with the thin tires; you can easily thrash a wheel/tire in a pot hole (and we have tons of them here). Probably not easy to find a new tire + wheel away from an Acura dealer...

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Not really. The wheel well is raised with thicker sound dampening/rigidity material and is only like 4” deep. If you stuck a spare there your floor would not be even at all. You would be better off sticking the spare on top of the mat and that would cut down on your other storage space. They truly designed this car to not accommodate a spare. I think you would be better off keeping a tire inflator there to at least get enough air to get to a discount tire. Obviously if you had a bad blowout you would need a tow instead.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
It may be worth noting that once you use the tire sealant included in the inflator, you're going to have to replace that tire. The OE tire is currently $355.99 on Tirerack.

OP
OP
Needs3Pedals

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Regular Integra is probably 5x114.3. ITS should be 5x120 as the hardware is the same as the CTR.

OP
OP
Needs3Pedals

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
Man it sure fills the trunk up but I should be able to get groceries around it.
IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2838.jpeg

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
So it has both bolt circles, that makes sense.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
So I just did a test for giggles and I don't think we have as bad with the ITS as the Type R folks. I put a spare tire from my 22 Civic SI on the well and it almost clears. Now I just need to find a spare with the right bolt pattern.

20230808_184546.jpg

20230808_184536.jpg

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A tire that clears the calipers (at least the rears) will probably be thicker. I will be able to test next week as I'll get my car. I already bought a used RL spare tire so I'll try.

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RL as in Acura RL

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
A tire that clears the calipers (at least the rears) will probably be thicker. I will be able to test next week as I'll get my car. I already bought a used RL spare tire so I'll try.
Highly interested in your results!

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Man it sure fills the trunk up but I should be able to get groceries around it.
IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2838.jpeg
Very interested in your progress. Can you advise what tire size came in the kit, ie 185 x19. Also do you know the rim width included in kit. I'm thinking that maybe getting the rim and possibly installing a narrower tire width to allow it to better fit into well. I'm planning to get some firm foam sheets and cut to adjust height to create a taller but flat floor.

I don't use the truck much, so the loss of an inch or 2 in height is no big deal.

Thks.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Very interested in your progress. Can you advise what tire size came in the kit, ie 185 x19. Also do you know the rim width included in kit. I'm thinking that maybe getting the rim and possibly installing a narrower tire width to allow it to better fit into well. I'm planning to get some firm foam sheets and cut to adjust height to create a taller but flat floor.

I don't use the truck much, so the loss of an inch or 2 in height is no big deal.

Thks.
I really don't think the well diameter will be the bottlenecking issue. Height is the real problem.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I really don't think the well diameter will be the bottlenecking issue. Height is the real problem.
I know the dia is ok, but if I can get a smaller tread width, when it is flat in well it wouldn't be as tall.

Could you check tire width from kit?
Sponsored