Sponsored

what are your annoyances with your Integra Type S?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Well...torque steer.

On smooth and level pavement, there might be minimal torque steer.

But on uneven, cracked pavement with pot holes and bumps, there is sometime a lot of torque steer. Must really hold the steering super tight to not go everywhere.

Must be really careful if you downshift, hit the throttle and pass someone!
Sponsored

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
A few other people have stated this already but the rear camera is terrible compared to my old 2022 Civic Sport Touring. However I’ve gotten used to it.

I wouldn’t say the ELS is bad by any means, but I feel the Bose system in the Civic is superior. I’ve tried messing around with the settings - maybe I haven’t dialed it in properly? The bass is super heavy from the sub but it feels like the door speakers are lackluster and don’t pack a punch. Anybody have any recommendations for settings?

There is a whine when I have the air turned on - only happens at certain settings (full blast or 5). Haven’t asked the dealer about this one yet.

I feel like the heated seats don’t actually work that well. Maybe my car is an anomaly or maybe they still need to break in. I’ll keep an eye on it and bring it up to my dealer if it doesn’t get any better.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I feel like the heated seats don’t actually work that well. Maybe my car is an anomaly or maybe they still need to break in. I’ll keep an eye on it and bring it up to my dealer if it doesn’t get any better.
Living in Texas we hadn't tried it but this week wife and I turned them on. The heat level even on max is definitely weaker than any other vehicle I've owned (Nissan, Audi, GM) with heated seats. We'll see how it goes during our brutal 40 degree winter.

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
Living in Texas we hadn't tried it but this week wife and I turned them on. The heat level even on max is definitely weaker than any other vehicle I've owned (Nissan, Audi, GM) with heated seats. We'll see how it goes during our brutal 40 degree winter.
Interesting… not sure if I should be glad I’m not alone. Maybe the heating module is weaker for whatever reason? I’m really hoping it’s just a break-in thing

OP
OP

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
a few more annoyances i've noticed now that i've started driving the car more:

1. the car does this triple beep/alert if the car is on and the key is removed from the cabin. i get the purpose for this alarm, but i'd much prefer if there was a way to disable this alert (either in the UI setting) or via some coding (is there some user coding available for Honda like there is for BMW with Bimmercode or Carly)

2. can't lock the car doors when the engine is on and keys are outside of the cabin (neither via keyless access nor via fob). i like to start my car in the morning to get it up to temp. while it's just in my driveway, it would be nice to be able to lock the doors. in my BMW, i could lock the doors with comfort/keyless access and i then coded out the alarm beep that would occur if the key was outside of the cabin. ( i came across that the door can technically be locked use the manual key , but this seems very cumbersome having to remove the key from the fob (my fob is also encased) and then pulling the door handle to expose the keyhole)

3. the heated seats remember the previous setting, need to lower/turn off manually after car restart. i like the seats toasty in the morning as it is warming up. but i don't need them toasty in the mid-day/afternoon. i think the seat heater should default to off if the car has been off for several hours. i think my BMW recalls the previous heat setting if the car was only briefly idled, but otherwise resets to off.

4. i'm on the shorter side so i have my seat adjusted closer to the front so that i can fully depress the clutch. however, this makes ingress and egress a bit challenging it would be nice if there was an option to move the seat back after the engine is off. (our KIA has an option like this that automatically moves the seats back a bit after shut off and moves it forward to the memory position when the car turns on). of course, the integra doesn't even have memory seating so this one is a bit too much of an ask...

5. would be nice if i could see the blinking light of the turn signal indicator in the side mirror too. while the side mirrors do have flashing turn signal indicators, the indicators are only viewable from the front of the car. on other cars, there might be a cutout in the mirror frame or the indicator might extend to the outer edge of the mirror such that the driver can see the flashing indicator as well. a bit disconcerting at times for me since i'm used to being able to see the flashing indicator (and i find the Integra's audible indicator for the turn signal a bit too low in volume)

6. stalling the car restarts the UI/android auto/car play. ok, this one is on me as i'm still getting used to driving the car, but i've stalled the car a few times trying to pull away at red lights. having to restart the car, the whole UI restarts. it takes several seconds and the warning screen pops up for awhile.

7. speaking of warning screen - is there anyway to code out or disable the warning screen when the car starts up?

8. the whole screen/display changes when switching drive modes. major annoyance. changing between the various drive modes, the center screen changes briefly to display the drive mode change. i would love a way to disable it. the indicator in the digital cluster is sufficient -- i don't need the whole screen to change and interrupt GPS directions/waze , etc. (on my BMW, there was an option to disable the center screen displaying the drive mode changes, so it is much less intrusive)

9. the height of the trunk opening is too high. trunk space is great, but gaining entry is a bit challenging as items have to be lifted over the rear trunk border. not sure why designers went that route

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
A few more

10. Cup holders are small.

11. Door pockets are small

12. Cabin is not quiet. I definitely hear more noise in this car than in my BMW or KIA.

remowilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LCM
1200 miles in and nothing but minor nitpicks so far, the car is utterly amazing...

- glove compartment is a bit small
- passenger seat belt flapping noise
- rear view more constrained than what I'm used to (STi)
- center console piano black is a smudge nightmare without treatment (all hail Novus #1 Plastic Polish)
- picked up two rocks in the brake shield apparently so far
- after driving an STi for all this time I have nobody to wave at now 😄

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
1200 miles in and nothing but minor nitpicks so far, the car is utterly amazing...

- glove compartment is a bit small
- passenger seat belt flapping noise
- rear view more constrained than what I'm used to (STi)
- center console piano black is a smudge nightmare without treatment (all hail Novus #1 Plastic Polish)
- picked up two rocks in the brake shield apparently so far
- after driving an STi for all this time I have nobody to wave at now 😄
Heh pretty much nailed mine.

Coming from my totaled FK8 I thought the rocks in the brake shield was behind me. Never ever had a car with this issue and now both have lol.

I couldn't believe how little rear visibility there is in the car. It's legit half of what the FK8 had.

Wtf is with the passengerbseat belt flapping? Is there a fix for this?! It's driving me nuts. Never had a car do this before. I love to drive all windows down and this makes it impossible to bear.

Agreed on the piano black, but already ordered an suede replacement.

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
ITS vs S2k (with AP1 slave cylinder w/o delay valve): ITS engagement point is so vague! Also, clutch does not seem to grip fast on the ITS. For the shifter itself, S2K is a little bit more mechanical than ITS.

S2K (AP1 slave cylinder) vs Accord (with slave cylinder delay valve delete): Pretty similar, but S2K feels a little more "race car" compared to Accord that feels a little more "luxury car". But really pretty similar.

As a reference, also had a 00 Civic with an 98 ITR JDM swap with a stage 1 clutch. The Civic clutch was really heavier (was not fun in traffic). But engagement point and grab on the Civic was really nice.

As another side note, I think the AP2 S2K would also benefit a lighter flywheel (AP1 flywheel) to diminish rev hang a little bit.
My '03 S2000 has no rev hang, cable throttle (best IMO), '04 S2k is cable throttle also, correct?

My '03 still has its original clutch at 140k, it picks up a bit high, but doesn't slip. Every time i drive it now I have to re calibrate myself to "drive it like you hate it" to rev the snot out of it. Then I remember why I bought it and go find a few empty curvy roads on a weekend early morning and 4 wheel drift the thing through some medium speed corners. I actually find it softer than the type-s, of course with the taller sidewall tires. (oem 16")

I can also compare my previous, the '17 6-6 EXL Accord, that clutch, like the '04 6-6 I had was inconsistent and vague. Even after removing the delay valves.I always felt that taking off from a stop in both was never the same, and shifting gear to gear (upshifts) required side-stepping the clutch to get good feel.

My ITS, I've found the clutch worlds above both Accords, the shifter in the Teg and S2k are very close, all 4 cars have/had the exact same cold shift feel (minor crunch in going into 3rd one time only).

My only gripes have been Homelink missing and the small fuel tank. I'm still not used to ~300 miles to a tank instead of 380-450.

Sponsored

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Definitely taking some getting used to filling up more frequently coming from a FK7 that got 34mpg around town - with Ktuner also, mind you. I blame 2.0L, Sport+ and a heavy foot between 2-4krpm. I believe the tank size is the same between generations.

Averaging about 24mpg city. 28-29mpg highway.

Leaves/twigs get stuck between the rear glass gaps and also above the C pillar when you pop the hatch open. You have the remove the cargo cover to clean up there.

Might be just me but *everyone* rides my ass.

One thing that's annoyed me enough to be vocal about is when you open any camera related app on an iPhone, it will pause XM Radio or Spotify through CarPlay. So frustrating you can't record a video with some tunes in the background (safely with no traffic around).

All minor. Car is fantastic out of the box in every other aspect.

mattm

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura ITS, BMW 1M Coupe
First post here. Is it me or can you not raise up the front passenger seat? My wife said she'd like it higher. When I parked I went around looked for an adjuster. The only adjustment is for the seat back and how much tilt it has. I agree with some of the other nits to pick (no seat memory), no auto folding mirrors, no AC vented front seats. I've only had it since Halloween afternoon (10/31/2023), so I might have more thoughts. :)

Last edited:

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
My only annoyances with the car is the fuel tank size and the lack of 5x120 wheel selection, other than that I am truly in love.

andrew025

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Minor things, but the seats are just not comfortable for me. The seating position just feels a bit "off" to me as well. I can't seem to find a good comfortable position I like.
I don't mind the low resolution of the backup camera, but the distortion and inaccurate guide lines make it difficult to use.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I don’t get the hate on the seats. I mean they are not FK8 comfy (which I find to be better than the FL5 seats) but I think they are pretty good.
Sponsored