Sponsored

ArmaSpeed Carbon Intake

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I decided to try out the new ARMASPEED Cold Air Intake on my Integra Type S. I was looking for a way to get that blow off valve noise without having to add a blow off valve as well as get some nice induction and engine sounds. I also noticed the intake was Carbon Fiber and I am sucker for anything Carbon. From my limited research it seems many people are happy with their products and they mainly are used on high end cars from BMW, Maserati, Mercedes, Toyota Supra etc.. The one I got was marketed for the FL5 Type R but fits the Integra Type S engine bay perfectly. Installing was simple with just a few tools, even for someone like me with little experience. The heat shield around the actual intake creates a seal with rubber minimizing any heat soak. I don’t go to the track and for normal every day street driving it isn’t something I am worried about. The quality and fitment are perfect. The intake achieved exactly what I was looking for and that is lots of induction noise with not much noise when driving casual but once you step on it, it adds all the spool sounds and whistle you could ask for, lots of induction noise with a bit of growl especially when going through gears 1-4. I have not opened it up fully as I am still breaking in the car but I am happy with what it achieved. Here are some video clips and images.

IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2097.jpeg

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_2085.jpeg

Video Clips :
Sponsored

keAiko18

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS
Been a long time since i heard these type of sounds coming from my boosted B18C Honda builds. Ohhh the memories... mmmmBAAAHHHHH PSHHH!!

Sponsored

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Where did you buy this intake? Link?

Sounds awesome and looks great!

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, just ordered! I need some WHOOSH WHOOOOOSSSHHHH in my life. :D :D :D

Sponsored

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Enjoy , it was such an easy install also.
Good to hear! I like easy installs as my mechanical aptitude skills are lacking i.e. things that are supposed to take 30 minutes take me like 1.5 hours looking for tools, dropping nuts, cussing, etc. :D

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Good to hear! I like easy installs as my mechanical aptitude skills are lacking i.e. things that are supposed to take 30 minutes take me like 1.5 hours looking for tools, dropping nuts, cussing, etc. :D
T30 torx bit , phillips head and small flat head , 10mm socket and 5.5mm and extension. I think that's about all I needed. It took me about 1-2hrs only bc I am no mechanic either and took my time. I think the hardest part was getting the stock airbox out. I watched a youtube video for that part.

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
Sounds awesome. Just ordered one.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It really does sound great. Better than I'd expect a turbo car to sound, actually...

Also I've seen other pictures where the "insulation" pieces look really wonky, but your install looks great.

1709741666920.png