Sponsored

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
The kit does look like F.. I actually order "c" but received "F". I know we don't need the extra harness but mikstore is charging the same price which should be slightly cheaper since it's saving them cost. I could have use the harness for something else.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The kit does look like F.. I actually order "c" but received "F". I know we don't need the extra harness but mikstore is charging the same price which should be slightly cheaper since it's saving them cost. I could have use the harness for something else.
Yeah I noticed the price doesn't change between the two offerings. I wish they offered the kit unmounted since we need to change our base over.

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Yeah I noticed the price doesn't change between the two offerings. I wish they offered the kit unmounted since we need to change our base over.
I agree with you on that. I spent more time depinning the mirrors than the actual install itself lol. I even had a depinning tool but didn't help as much as not sure if my technique was bad or the clips were so stubborn. Sometimes get lucky and depin 2 wires in less than a min but sometimes spend 5mins on another.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I agree with you on that. I spent more time depinning the mirrors than the actual install itself lol. I even had a depinning tool but didn't help as much as not sure if my technique was bad or the clips were so stubborn. Sometimes get lucky and depin 2 wires in less than a min but sometimes spend 5mins on another.
I just used a sewing needle , 30 seconds to depin. Spent most of the time taking photos to make sure I could reassemble

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si
So, just ordering kit F for an Aspec tech.

I see you can manually fold them with the button on the mirror controls.

however, with kit F and nothing else when does the car auto fold the mirrors?

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
So, just ordering kit F for an Aspec tech.

I see you can manually fold them with the button on the mirror controls.

however, with kit F and nothing else when does the car auto fold the mirrors?
Whenever the car locks. You would have to also get the can-bus adapter.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si
Whenever the car locks. You would have to also get the can-bus adapter.
So, without buying the additional can-bus adapter it would only fold with the switch?

I thought since it integrated with the dash even showing an option that the chip set on the new windows switch would fold them automatically without any additional hardware.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
So, without buying the additional can-bus adapter it would only fold with the switch?

I thought since it integrated with the dash even showing an option that the chip set on the new windows switch would fold them automatically without any additional hardware.
You could be right. I also wanted the "hold lock to roll up windows" feature, so I got the module. I'm not certain if the auto-folding on lock would work without the module though.

You could always email mikstore and ask!

Sponsored

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5

The canbus is needed as stated on their website to auto fold when locking

1000006952.jpg

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si
The canbus is needed as stated on their website to auto fold when locking

1000006952.jpg
I would probably manual fold then with the button. I don’t really want anything aftermarket.

it would basically work then like the other Honda units that are available in the United States. They only fold when you press the button. Passport, Pilot, Ridgeline

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Last edited:

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si
I'm not sure you need the power tilt adapter as much as the window switch to enable the setting, which would suggest canbus communication, as shown in this post:
https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/auto-folding-mirrors-installed.51336/post-851777

Once my model F kit arrives and I get it installed I'll be able to confirm whatever the case may be.
Thanks

to me, it sounds like the switch on its own that possesses the proper IC would be all that’s needed.

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
The kit I used was from the MikStore Model C.
No wires need to be ran between drivers and passenger doors.
This kit comes prebuilt and ready to install minus mirror covers.
This is originally for a civic and our Integra mirror base that secured to the car is a bit different, it also is painted to match the car vs civic black plastic.
I at first was hoping to switch over the mounts plastic trim but it wasn't possible.
To switch the mount and rubber seal you have to depin the connector. Luckily the MIK kit comes with a pin extraction tool( a sewing needle would also work).
Once pins are remove you can swap the gasket material and plastic painted trim between your factory mirror and this folding setup. Take photos of the connector prior to removing pins so you can reinstall.

To remove door panels pull window switch controls, screwdriver and plastic pry bar is needed. Once removed a single screw is exposed that secures the panel. Remove this and pull door panel to release the snaps that hold it on to the door.

Now the new wiring portion. The MIK kit comes with 3 wires for the driver side(Green, White/Silver, Black). All 3 connect to window switch connector. The MIK documentation does a good job showing this. One thing not mentioned is on this connector before you add the pins pull out a locking tab on the front. This allows the pins to easily slide in. I didn't see this at first and had a difficult time getting pins in.
The other side of two of these wires (white/silver, black) go to the mirror connector for folding power. The green wire goes to the mirror switch connector.

For the mirror removal/installation lower window all the way down. There 3 bolts that secure the mirror on the top of the door panel that need to be removed. Prior to removing them discconect the existing mirror harness and unsecure it from the door. Note( pay attention to the mirror harness routing and how it goes around the window track)
This is also a good time to pry off the factory mirror cap. If you push the mirror glass all the way down you can expose two clips behind the glass. Painted clips that match the cover are exposed way in the top back. Taking two screwdrivers you can depress these. If you don't have enough access remove the mirror glass first. Once depressed slide the cap out. I grabbed it where the blinker is and pried up and out.
Now remove all 3 bolts and pull the mirror and harness out.

Same procedure for passenger side but this side only needs 2 wires to be ran. The wires connecto to the windows switch and go to the mirror connector for powering the folding motor(white/silver, Black).

Kit Model C
ScreenShot2022-11-25at12.39.20AM.png

https://mikstoreph.com/products/civ...8&_sid=add69065b&_ss=r&variant=43685108973818

Can Bus adapter to allow for auto fold/unfold when locking/unlocking doors
Screen_Shot_2022-06-05_at_10.11.58_PM.jpg

https://mikstoreph.com/products/civ...2&_sid=e7d937253&_ss=r&variant=42826719592698

Flowing side mirror turn signals
Screen_Shot_2022-04-07_at_9.06.56_PM.jpg

https://mikstoreph.com/products/civ...4&_sid=1038b9ee1&_ss=r&variant=44302947877114

The menu option is now available to disable the powered mirrors in the vehicle setup menu. Image below.

20230820_2.jpg

20240123_02.jpg
Does this install retain the blind spot warning light on the mirror itself?
Sponsored