Tint Examples

bruejam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Tiger Eye Type S
I'm getting my windows tinted next week and asking for some help from the group. Could you guys post some pics of your tint and include the level? I'm thinking of just going 35 all the way around but I'd love to see real-world examples. Thanks!
Sponsored

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
None of the examples are going to help you. Best to go to the shop and look at the tint they use. Don't forget to tint your windshield, I tinted mine at 35%

Last edited:

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
None of the examples are going to help you. Best to go to the shop and look at the tint they use. Don't forget to tint your windshield.
not true, I bet if someone posted a 35% tint with same lighting outside you could tell a difference, windows would have greyed appearance vs black on 20% and below

OP
OP
bruejam

bruejam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Tiger Eye Type S
not true, I bet if someone posted a 35% tint with same lighting outside you could tell a difference, windows would have greyed appearance vs black on 20% and below
Yeah, that's kinda what I was going for. I know it isn't going to be the same as seeing them in person, but I would think differences would be apparent even in pics.

Sponsored

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Iā€™ve got 15% all around including the hatch, 75% on the windshield and 5% on the sunroof. I got all XPEL XR+ Ceramic and it makes such a difference on my semi-daily trips to the office and our trips down the shore all summer.
IMG_2239.jpeg
IMG_2297.jpeg

Last edited:

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
30% all around and 90% windshield (I wanted 70)

20240428_2.jpg

Wolfman

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 Model 3 Dual Motor
I have 30% all around minus the windshield.
First picture is a cloudy day I'm in San Diego if that means anything sun wise)
Second image was taken during the window tint process.
FYI if you get your windows tint you might have your blind spot monitoring system give error but should go away. I guess tinting the windows they use a lot of water/soap or what ever and it meses with the sensor but is fine after it dries.

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 09 JCW
I'm getting mine tinted next weekend and will more than likely go with 5%. I'm still on the fence about the windshield and will see how I feel about it after the rest of the car is tinted..

The color of the car makes a huge difference on how dark the tint appears.. Last car was IndiGo and at 5%, it looked crazy dark. Last white car was 25% and it looked even darker.

Peteb17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm getting my windows tinted next week and asking for some help from the group. Could you guys post some pics of your tint and include the level? I'm thinking of just going 35 all the way around but I'd love to see real-world examples. Thanks!
Yall tinting your windshield are ghetto af

Sponsored

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
Completely disagree. Look at the examples posted. The same car in 2 different lighting scenarios looks like the windows are practically 0% limo tint in 1 pict vs mildly tinted in another. Thereā€™s no way to replicate or even convey the lighting conditions - especially in a picture.

I did 20% all around and 70% on the windshield. I like it much better than the 30% with 50% on the windshield I have on another car. This is in FL.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Can you guys confirm if thereā€™s factory tint on the glass already like there is on the FL5? On the FL5, itā€™s etched into the glass from the factory that itā€™s 70% or greater light transmission. Hence why my FL5 turned out significantly darker than I expected after picking it up from the tint guy.

For my incoming ITS, Iā€™m expecting to either go with 50% ceramic all around, or 50 front and 35 rear. Will ask for 70 and 50 if thereā€™s already factory tint.

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
Can you guys confirm if thereā€™s factory tint on the glass already like there is on the FL5? On the FL5, itā€™s etched into the glass from the factory that itā€™s 70% or greater light transmission.
Practically all new cars are at 70-80% VLT stock. Tint shops may or may not bother mentioning that.

I live in a province where the legal minimum is 70% front, the shop recommended 50% front / 20% rear as a typical option that is widely tolerated. I went with 50% front and rear and I'm happy with it, it improves the look of the car without calling attention to itself which is what I was looking for. Nobody would look at my car and immediately go "oh so you got your windows tinted".

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 09 JCW
Yall tinting your windshield are ghetto af
What exactly is "ghetto af" about it?

The main purpose of tint is to cut down on UV transmission into the car, which is the main source of heat. Cutting down that interior heat not only makes it more bearable when the car is sitting out in the sun all day, but it also increases the efficiency at which your AC cools the car.

With today's tint film technology, you don't even need to go remotely dark as long as you're using a quality film with a decent UV rating. Not tinting a piece of glass as big as a windshield is almost counterintuitive; especially if you live in a state with long hot summers like Florida, Texas or Arizona.

And not to mention, tinted windows make a car look exponentially better...

But you're still entitled to your opinion, as whack as it is.
Sponsored