Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

mattrmn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I bought an ITS on 6/4. I got the normal CEL emissions system problem/rev match disabled message after about 10 miles. Car has been back at the dealership since; the loaner TLX works at least. Like with deepspace20, the dealership (I'm also in MPLS, using the Bloomington dealership) is saying it is fuel sending unit issue. The part is backordered with no ETA; I'm on the critical list. They had another ITS down with the same issue. Right now, it sounds like they're expecting to get another ITS before a replacement part, so they're thinking of borrowing the part from it for my car.
Sponsored

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I’ve brought mine back to the dealership 3 times for the same codes. It’s been about 30 days altogether collectively that I haven’t had my car. (Friday makes another week not having my car) so I am considering a refund or replacement vehicle. Sent that vehicle defect form to Honda on Monday, overnighted.

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
This is the first time I've heard about the car also having issues starting when this problem comes up. Based on what I've heard from the dealership, they're saying that Acura will have a software fix for this issue this month.

Otherwise, in the meantime: Protocol is to reset the codes and not replace any parts according to what I've read online and heard from my dealer.

Your dealership may ask to hold on to your car if they think the issue may be a safety concern. I haven't seen anyone report anything that would indicate it's a significant one since the car seems to only go into limp mode but again, this symptom of the car not starting or taking a while to start is relatively new (at least as far as I'm aware). Your mileage may vary, so I'd recommend seeing what your dealer has to say.

Every report of this issue I've seen indicates that the car drives fine once the codes are reset and the issue may come up again and the car may go into limp mode. It's still drivable though as I assume if the car shouldn't be driven, then the failsafes designed by Acura would prevent the car from being driven. I'd recommend having your dealer look at it each time the codes come up and consulting with them on what to do.

My guess is the codes were somehow reset when the battery was replaced. Hopefully the issue doesn't come up again before the fix is ready!

As someone else around these forums recommended: Consider reporting the issue to Acura client relations if this issue comes up more than once.

If anyone believes this issue could be a significant safety/drivability problem, then an NHTSA complaint could be an option too.

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Im having the same dam issue basicallyon and off since about 900 miles. ive taken pics everytime it happens so i have documented at Least 16 times since Nov23.
i took it twice, first time they claimed they replaced camshaft sensor back in Jan, but since then its happened a dozen times

i went to Amazon and bought the BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool
just to see the codes myself and reset them if needed

im taking it in this wk and asking for another loaner while they check . Im not gonna be nice about it anymore. This is the error msg i get all the time . My previous 2022 Honda Si was flawless for almost 20k miles…..ugh

Screenshot_20240630-141206.jpeg

waxman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bike
Im having the same dam issue basicallyon and off since about 900 miles. ive taken pics everytime it happens so i have documented at Least 16 times since Nov23.
i took it twice, first time they claimed they replaced camshaft sensor back in Jan, but since then its happened a dozen times

i went to Amazon and bought the BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool
just to see the codes myself and reset them if needed

im taking it in this wk and asking for another loaner while they check . Im not gonna be nice about it anymore. This is the error msg i get all the time . My previous 2022 Honda Si was flawless for almost 20k miles…..ugh

Screenshot_20240630-141206.jpeg
I've had the same issue 4 times with P0344. The dealer has no answers, and I am also growing frustrated. Curious what your VIN is as your timeline roughly matches mine. My VIN is 1284. Please send an update after you take it to the dealer this time.

Sponsored

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
My vin is 000680. But since CDK is down haven’t gotten any paperwork back yet. Dropped off on the 14th and got it back the 21st. Thankfully the car has been running smoothly and turning on normally lol

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
What were your repairs that they did ?
looking at the paperwork, all they did was cleared the codes and gave me a new coolant tank. they said that I drove the car too hard but its a sportscar and I don't track the car, it's my daily driver.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
For the ones that have had this issue, any mods?

curious to see how the dealership dealt with that (if they tried to blame it on the modifications instead of actually investigating)

Sponsored

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
For the ones that have had this issue, any mods?

curious to see how the dealership dealt with that (if they tried to blame it on the modifications instead of actually investigating)
Nope, only mod I have is a custom license plate lol

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
No mods on my car and this issue hasn't come back ever since the software fix was applied.

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No mods on my car and this issue hasn't come back ever since the software fix was applied.
i assume that software fix is dealer only? Do u know what sw was installed …id like to ask for that too since im still having issues.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
i assume that software fix is dealer only? Do u know what sw was installed …id like to ask for that too since im still having issues.
Yeah, I believe it's dealer only. Root cause issue for my car may be different than others, but I believe this is the TSB for the issue that my car had, at least: http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B24-026.PDF

Edit: Here's the thread covering the issue I had in the Type S subforum (someone else started the thread, but I documented my issues and eventual fix there): https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/cel-under-900-miles.51459/
Sponsored