Sponsored

Any new Exhaust's in the works ?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Don't get so butt hurt over other people's thoughts my man. It'll stress you out in life, and it's not worth it. I'll get rid of it when I want to, because it may be a dinky car but right now it's my dinker... As evidenced by the fact I bought it 3 months ago and have already thrown almost 20% of the cost of the car at it.

My brain goes to veloster because it's a direct competitor to this car. A gt3rs is certainly not, or any Porsche for that matter.
Use of the word "butthurt". And in poor context, no less- because I wasn't necessarily attacking you, just genuinely wondering why you choose to nearly continuously bring up things you don't like about your car that you chose to pay for... and not just that, but to spend as much time as you do on a forum talking about this car you dislike so much.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Thought you were more... useful than that, based on past replies. Now I know to not put much stock in your opinion. For that, I thank you.

And for reference, I don't equate the ITS to a GT3RS, or any Porsche for that matter. I guess I just don't think of Hyundais very often?
Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Use of the word "butthurt". And in poor context, no less- because I wasn't necessarily attacking you, just genuinely wondering why you choose to nearly continuously bring up things you don't like about your car that you chose to pay for... and not just that, but to spend as much time as you do on a forum talking about this car you dislike so much.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Thought you were more... useful than that, based on past replies. Now I know to not put much stock in your opinion. For that, I thank you.

And for reference, I don't equate the ITS to a GT3RS, or any Porsche for that matter. I guess I just don't think of Hyundais very often?
I'm sorry for calling you butt hurt. That's a feaux pas on me and i sincerely apologize. Maybe I've been the one a bit upset for the comments you've made where having a differing opinion from you means we should just get out and leave.

Comments like, "this car just isn't for you", "move on from your car", and "clapped out 350z" (I'm sure in reference to my 370 racecar) are the type of thing that doesn't contribute to a welcoming or open minded environment.

I do enjoy driving my car, but there are many things about the ownership experience that don't quite line up. I'm not the only o e that has been realistic about this. Read around this forum and reddit and you'll see many of the sentiments echoed. Even people TRYING to be positive and make a buck off this platform like queotic on youtube are exiting.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
wai
I'm sorry for calling you butt hurt. That's a feaux pas on me and i sincerely apologize. Maybe I've been the one a bit upset for the comments you've made where having a differing opinion from you means we should just get out and leave.

Comments like, "this car just isn't for you", "move on from your car", and "clapped out 350z" (I'm sure in reference to my 370 racecar) are the type of thing that doesn't contribute to a welcoming or open minded environment.

I do enjoy driving my car, but there are many things about the ownership experience that don't quite line up. I'm not the only o e that has been realistic about this. Read around this forum and reddit and you'll see many of the sentiments echoed. Even people TRYING to be positive and make a buck off this platform like queotic on youtube are exiting.
wait, do you mean @koatic ?

Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
oh, i remember that guy - he's the one who had all the issues with the dealership.
Yeah, I feel for the guy. It all sounds like it fell apart from the start for him unfortunately.

He did have some good videos on the milltek exhaust. Unresonated it was LOUD, droned constantly, and you could hear it audibly in video harmonize with certain plastic pieces. He comments about how it also exacerbated the high pitch buzz under the dash against the firewall that a lot of people have. The resonated version sounded much more mature, albeit still very loud, but it sounded tremendously better. I bet there's a bit more tuning to it that could be done with a different res or possibly adding resonated tips. I might give it a go next year to try out, but haven't decided yet. Wheels and more seat time might come first, and maybe chopping out the center muffler on the oem system.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Looks like he traded it in for a WRX
I just can't get over how ugly the VB's are.

I was honestly in the market for a late model used STi before I started shopping a CTR. I was thinking I'd get a decent, lower mileage one in the 30k price range and when the engine blows up, go ham on the build.

In the end what got me was reliability since I'm schlepping my 5yr old and newborn in it some days and I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road with them.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I just can't get over how ugly the VB's are.

I was honestly in the market for a late model used STi before I started shopping a CTR. I was thinking I'd get a decent, lower mileage one in the 30k price range and when the engine blows up, go ham on the build.

In the end what got me was reliability since I'm schlepping my 5yr old and newborn in it some days and I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road with them.
Same , I went to actually look at the new VB Wrx before I got the type s . I didn't think they looked great but that could have been changed a bit after I got it with mods. I have a 4yr old so my requirements were awd or front wheel drive , 4 doors and a manual . I think the Wrx was very fairly priced , I never drove it but read of so many issues that when I couldn't get a Type R or Type S the Type S eventually made its way to me. I am pretty happy with it so far and glad to be back in something thats a bit sporty. I used to have some crazy vehicles but my favorite was my S2000 and I think the type s makes me almost as happy.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Same , I went to actually look at the new VB Wrx before I got the type s . I didn't think they looked great but that could have been changed a bit after I got it with mods. I have a 4yr old so my requirements were awd or front wheel drive , 4 doors and a manual . I think the Wrx was very fairly priced , I never drove it but read of so many issues that when I couldn't get a Type R or Type S the Type S eventually made its way to me. I am pretty happy with it so far and glad to be back in something thats a bit sporty. I used to have some crazy vehicles but my favorite was my S2000 and I think the type s makes me almost as happy.
I want an s2k but it's hard for me to justify the cost of what they go for these days.

Honestly, that's been sort of a lower-cost grail car for me but again, it's a loss on practicality (both financially and with the kid-situation!) Still LOVE them though. Maybe some day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I want an s2k but it's hard for me to justify the cost of what they go for these days.

Honestly, that's been sort of a lower-cost grail car for me but again, it's a loss on practicality (both financially and with the kid-situation!) Still LOVE them though. Maybe some day.
Oh they are overpriced now but great cars. Its been a while since I have driven one but owned mine for 4yrs. I suspect the Type S outperforms it. It was the rawness of it that put it over the top having a Ap1. If I drove both my type s and the s2k back to back now and had to pick one , it would most likely be my type s.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Yeah, butthurt is a trigger word for me. It's just a low-iq "forum bro" move that I really wasn't expecting from you based on past interactions.

I appreciate the apology, and I'll apologize as well for leaving room for my posts to be misinterpreted. The "clapped out 350z" was in reference to a video I'd just seen, probably that day, of a shitty 350z. You should realize that there are a lot of them. I was not referening your racecar... but I can see how it could have been perceived that way, especially in context.

As for the "get out and leave" comments... I'll admit I truly dislike repeated insinuations that the car sucks. It just flat out doesn't, for one thing... and the fact that there are certain people on this board who gravitate towards coming in here for the sole purpose of unloading about things that frustrate them about their cars... well I hope I'm not in the minority in that being the OPPOSITE reason I come here.

I've said it many times, I love this car, it represents a true paradigm shift in my entire philosophy of car ownership, and I owe it to the fact that the damn thing gives me everything I've ever wanted in an enthusiast car, while also somehow maintaining everyday practicality without being ostentatious. I'll go ahead and apologize in advance if I get overzealous "defending" it.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As for this guy- again, I'll apologize in advance because this is going to come off as harsh criticism and I understand he's just doing his best trying to be a content creator...

But his content is trash. He wants to move on because he's not getting the clicks he expected, but his takes are horrible, he rambles incoherently about irrelevant bullshit, and I will not give him the opportunity to waste another 30 seconds of my time ever again. Frankly I'm glad he's moving away from the platform, so hopefully he won't come up in my feed any longer.

Before I start getting the hate mail, just know that I hold people who try to 'create content" and have dedicated YouTube channels to a higher standard. If he was just another enthusiast who made a few vids on his car, or maybe contributed to this board a little besides trying to host his own platform about the car via his YT channel, maybe I'd be less inclined to take this hardline approach to calling his vids "trash". But for now, it is what it is.

I understand that automotive YouTube/online content is drying up across the board, and it's not a realistic expectation for this car, as much as I personally love it, to continue to generate the volume of attention that literally puts money in these guys' pockets.

I can live with that.
Sponsored

Last edited: