TPMS Sensors

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I recently got my winter wheels in and ordered some oem "acura" tpms sensors.

They came in a Honda baggy, which was covering a continental baggy. I wrongly assumed I could just get the HUF valves from apex to match the color of the apex wheels, but unfortunately the continental sensors DO NOT mount with a traditional set screw design. They actually press the built in valve out which presses a black collar against the metal framing of the sensor. It's a pretty smart design actually and allows for a decent amount of angle adjustment of the sensor to fit different wheel types.

If you've never installed sensors like this before, the process is to slide the valve from inside of wheel to out, then align the sensor so it sits flush against the wheel. Once aligned, slide on the washer over the valve from the outside, then the valve screw body and finger tighten. Grab a torque wrench with an 11mm deep socket and, while holding the sensor down, tighten that bad boy to 8NM (71 inlbs if you measure by width of the king's thumb). That is all.

There's nothing special about the conti sensors. They're nice, but the valve is nowhere as nice as the HUF valve. It's also nowhere near a match for the apex wheels since it's a more raw aluminum appearance. You can use any 433mhz sensor and it should work just fine.
Acura Integra TPMS Sensors 20241018_093729
Acura Integra TPMS Sensors 20241018_093736
Acura Integra TPMS Sensors 20241018_203600
Sponsored

SlickMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2000 Honda S2000
I should have searched this before I ordered them.

Agree that the sensors are a solid design, but definitely annoyed they won’t match the wheels. Though looking at the on the stock wheels I guess it doesn’t stick out as bad as I think it will.

OP
OP

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I should have searched this before I ordered them.

Agree that the sensors are a solid design, but definitely annoyed they won’t match the wheels. Though looking at the on the stock wheels I guess it doesn’t stick out as bad as I think it will.
Had i thought about it, the shank just screws on so it would be really easy to paint it yourself to match. Clear coat for toughness and give it two days to cure fully. Should be solid.
Sponsored