TPMS Sensors

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I recently got my winter wheels in and ordered some oem "acura" tpms sensors.

They came in a Honda baggy, which was covering a continental baggy. I wrongly assumed I could just get the HUF valves from apex to match the color of the apex wheels, but unfortunately the continental sensors DO NOT mount with a traditional set screw design. They actually press the built in valve out which presses a black collar against the metal framing of the sensor. It's a pretty smart design actually and allows for a decent amount of angle adjustment of the sensor to fit different wheel types.

If you've never installed sensors like this before, the process is to slide the valve from inside of wheel to out, then align the sensor so it sits flush against the wheel. Once aligned, slide on the washer over the valve from the outside, then the valve screw body and finger tighten. Grab a torque wrench with an 11mm deep socket and, while holding the sensor down, tighten that bad boy to 8NM (71 inlbs if you measure by width of the king's thumb). That is all.

There's nothing special about the conti sensors. They're nice, but the valve is nowhere as nice as the HUF valve. It's also nowhere near a match for the apex wheels since it's a more raw aluminum appearance. You can use any 433mhz sensor and it should work just fine.
20241018_093729.jpg
20241018_093736.jpg
20241018_203600.jpg
Sponsored