ARMASPEED Carbon Fiber Intake

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
I ordered this last Thursday and it came yesterday. Impressive for shipping in less than a week from Taiwan. It was packaged SUPER well in heavy duty corrugated box and came in perfect condition. The carbon pieces were even wrapped in nylon bags. The gasket for the heat shield was pre-installed, which I'm very grateful for. Quality of all the carbon is excellent.

The install was super simple - remove the stock airbox, MAF sensor and rubber elbow... transfer some rubber grommets over from the stock airbox to the heat shield (that went in place using the OEM hardware), replace the rubber elbow with the carbon fiber one, put the MAF sensor back in, and pop the filter on. The thing that took the most time was removing the plastic guide that the MAF sensor wiring is in. That's Honda's fault though. Once that was out of the way I wrapped the OEM wiring harness in felt tape to make it look nice and re-routed it to plug into the MAF sensor. Took about 25 minutes from start to finish.

Quality on this piece is excellent. After checking that everything was tight I went for a drive and heard those sweet, sweet turbo and recirc valve noises. Love it!

tempImageU0Lgl8.png

tempImageWGRTlK.png
Sponsored

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
it came from Taiwan? Interesting....

i'm thinking about getting it as well. is the $800 price in taiwanese dollars by chance :rofl:

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
I ordered this last Thursday and it came yesterday. Impressive for shipping in less than a week from Taiwan. It was packaged SUPER well in heavy duty corrugated box and came in perfect condition. The carbon pieces were even wrapped in nylon bags. The gasket for the heat shield was pre-installed, which I'm very grateful for. Quality of all the carbon is excellent.

The install was super simple - remove the stock airbox, MAF sensor and rubber elbow... transfer some rubber grommets over from the stock airbox to the heat shield (that went in place using the OEM hardware), replace the rubber elbow with the carbon fiber one, put the MAF sensor back in, and pop the filter on. The thing that took the most time was removing the plastic guide that the MAF sensor wiring is in. That's Honda's fault though. Once that was out of the way I wrapped the OEM wiring harness in felt tape to make it look nice and re-routed it to plug into the MAF sensor. Took about 25 minutes from start to finish.

Quality on this piece is excellent. After checking that everything was tight I went for a drive and heard those sweet, sweet turbo and recirc valve noises. Love it!

tempImageU0Lgl8.png

tempImageWGRTlK.png
It looks fantastic!

Any idea how it compared to the PRL one? Obviously this one is much better looking.
$800 vs. $460. Trying to make a reasonable financial decision :)

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
it came from Taiwan? Interesting....

i'm thinking about getting it as well. is the $800 price in taiwanese dollars by chance :rofl:
USD.

Sponsored

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It looks fantastic!

Any idea how it compared to the PRL one? Obviously this one is much better looking.
$800 vs. $460. Trying to make a reasonable financial decision :)
Reasonableness goes out the window when carbon fiber is involved. 😂

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Reasonableness goes out the window when carbon fiber is involved. 😂
That CF is just so much nicer looking than the PRL. I'm rationalizing it by comparing it to the Eventuri intake. This is a bargain compared to the $1.5k cost of that one!

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
i know lol for reference, $800 taiwanese yuan is about $25 USD lol
Saw in a separate thread you had picked one up!

I think I will wait til I am past my break-in before I pick this up. Don't need that kind of temptation in my life.

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That CF is just so much nicer looking than the PRL. I'm rationalizing it by comparing it to the Eventuri intake. This is a bargain compared to the $1.5k cost of that one!
100% why I bought it. The only CF intake I could find for my last vehicle was around $1800 so this seems like a deal in comparison.

Sponsored

rody26

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
PLM will have an even better looking one but for a higher price, $1200.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
PLM will have an even better looking one but for a higher price, $1200.
Better looking how so? More coverage on the enclosure than the arma (similar to their plastic one) but CF?

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S

rody26

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
Just realized this is PLM and not PRL. I know PLM doesn't have a high reputation in a lot of these parts.

Anyway, I am curious if that makes a big difference with heat soak for non-tracked cars. Also curious as to the ease of removal of the filter for servicing for the partially enclosed cones.
Those are good points. The PRL one looks like it would be a major hassle when having to service the filter. I’m trying to decide between the Armaspeed and the RamAir at $300 or just getting a $60 K&N drop in filter.
Sponsored