Sponsored

Back on Track

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Oh I know, but having random and unexplainable dents on both sides of my car, I googled for how a dent like this could happen. The second thing that popped up was that thread. I didn’t use a brand preferenced search term, so the Honda part caught my attention.

On mine, there was no impact marking. Same size dents, and all relatively longitudinal. Hard to see in photos, but it looks like someone just took a minibat to the car.

I just can't explain how you dent that area without damaging the creased area or the roof, with such a weird dent pattern.
This forum's notifications are weird, I actually didn't see your post where you showed the dents... I thought you were just aimlessly wandering accord forums and stumbled across a dent thread lol.

That is crazy! But... there HAS to be some sort of explanation, right?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
This forum's notifications are weird, I actually didn't see your post where you showed the dents... I thought you were just aimlessly wandering accord forums and stumbled across a dent thread lol.

That is crazy! But... there HAS to be some sort of explanation, right?
I'm all for finding an explanation. The last thing I want is to be spending $1k on dent popping any time the weather changes.

I just can't imagine how the dents got there. Either someone carefully hammered on my car with a nice rubber mallet and then carefully put a thin layer of dust evenly back onto the car so I wouldn't spot it or these dents resulted from the rapid temp change overnight and the sheet metal creasing in poorly reinforced areas. The temp did swing from high 80s the day before to mid 40s the morning of. The car was in an insulated garage, so it saw a fairly large temp swing instantly.

But yeah, I just can't explain it.

I wish it was just one random forum post, but I've found a few when searching "c pillar crease" or "c pillar dent". It was apparently "common" on civics from '16-'17 from what someone mentioned, but I haven't heard about it otherwise... For some it happened magically like mine and they sure do look awful similar and similarly located to mine...
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...illar-crease-dimple-dark-colored-civics.1756/

Mine looks like a much more extreme version of post 4 here...
https://www.CivicX.com/threads/mysterious-dents-rear-pillar.18497/