Blind spot monitoring - overly conservative and useless

porkster

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS - ABP
Anyone else find the Blind spot detection to be utterly useless in this car? It seems to be speed sensitive, so if you are on the highway, it will still go off even if you are 4-5 car lengths ahead of the car in the adjacent lane. What good does it do if it always alerts?

My Accord won't ring unless there is actual danger, and even my Telluride that is jam packed with nannies will also not freak out unless the adjacent lane car is fairly close. I wind up having to turn my head in the Integra because every lane change on a NYC highway will be a blind spot alert.
Sponsored

Underdog

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘06 Legacy GT
I noticed it being very conservative at highway speeds however I think it is helpful on the off chance someone is approaching at a high speed. Now I just kind of factor it in and use it as a cue to double check my mirrors. My ‘19 Accord only beeped if someone was right there, so it’s taking some getting used to.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
It's about a car lengths too long. It always goes off when I'm switching lanes when there's enough room to safely merge. I just leave it on for lane keeping assist which also isnt that great.
Sponsored