Sponsored

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Quick question for anyone with the Bonoss spacers . Are we ok to use the version labeled for the fl5 ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
vtecvlow

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Quick question for anyone with the Bonoss spacers . Are we ok to use the version labeled for the fl5 ?
Should be fine. But they now make it for the de5. Two versions available (one aluminum is stronger I believe).

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Should be fine. But they now make it for the de5. Two versions available (one aluminum is stronger I believe).
I do see the two different listings separate for fl5 and de5 but part #'s and specs seem to be the same. I had found them for a bit cheaper but listed for fl5 so I ordered them and had the company reach out before shipping asking what car I had so I told them fl5 so they would ship them. This is what I had ordered , hope they fit the de5 -
4Pc 20mm 5x120 Hub 64.1 For Honda Civic Type R FL5 BONOSS Wheel Spacer Forged AL

OP
OP
vtecvlow

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do see the two different listings separate for fl5 and de5 but part #'s and specs seem to be the same. I had found them for a bit cheaper but listed for fl5 so I ordered them and had the company reach out before shipping asking what car I had so I told them fl5 so they would ship them. This is what I had ordered , hope they fit the de5 -
4Pc 20mm 5x120 Hub 64.1 For Honda Civic Type R FL5 BONOSS Wheel Spacer Forged AL
Should be good to go!

Wolfman

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 Model 3 Dual Motor
Not to hijack your thread but I can't seem to find like a general suspension one....
So are the H&R closest to stock for ride comfort? I am wanting to lower the car just a bit to close the wheel gap but not make the ride any stiffer.

Sponsored

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
Not to hijack your thread but I can't seem to find like a general suspension one....
So are the H&R closest to stock for ride comfort? I am wanting to lower the car just a bit to close the wheel gap but not make the ride any stiffer.
They ride like stock.

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I can't remember what my car rode like stock, but on the h&r springs I feel like my spine is going to shatter over sharp bumps (i.e. changes in pavement height or small potholes). I live in vegas so roads are not good. It almost feels like Im bottoming out, but I cut down the bumpstops as required. Anybody else experience this? Even on stock suspension?

I get that the ride won't be the same as an suv and lowering the car certainly doesn't help. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something during the install lol.

Last edited:

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
Never bottom out and I also didn’t cut the bump stop. Rides like stock. Did you get the correct one?

OP
OP
vtecvlow

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IMO as well as others, the closest you'll get to stock ride comfort but lower height will be these h&r springs 👍

20240704_163604.jpg

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Never bottom out and I also didn’t cut the bump stop. Rides like stock. Did you get the correct one?
Everything fit and went on as it should. Ordered fl5 springs as they weren't available for de5. Again it's only bad over rough pavement, and the roads here basically have mini curbs built into them.
I might be complaining about the roads more so than the springs 😆

Curious if anybody else here didn't cut the bumpstops?

Sponsored

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Everything fit and went on as it should. Ordered fl5 springs as they weren't available for de5. Again it's only bad over rough pavement, and the roads here basically have mini curbs built into them.
I might be complaining about the roads more so than the springs 😆

Curious if anybody else here didn't cut the bumpstops?
FL5 and De5 Springs are the same so thats not a worry for the H&R's but you are not supposed to cut the bump stops at all and that is most likely your issue . I have no installed mine yet but did a ton of reading on others install and not 1 person cut the bump stops. Here is a proper install video -

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
FL5 and De5 Springs are the same so thats not a worry for the H&R's but you are not supposed to cut the bump stops at all and that is most likely your issue . I have no installed mine yet but did a ton of reading on others install and not 1 person cut the bump stops. Here is a proper install video -
That's interesting because most videos I've seen they did remove a rib from the bumpstop. It made sense to me since you're losing travel by lowering the car, and by cutting them you basically regain the travel that was lost.

My roads could just be that bad lol.

Also makes me think about how the adaptive dampers are affected since they sense ride height supposedly.

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
That's interesting because most videos I've seen they did remove a rib from the bumpstop. It made sense to me since you're losing travel by lowering the car, and by cutting them you basically regain the travel that was lost.

My roads could just be that bad lol.

Also makes me think about how the adaptive dampers are affected since they sense ride height supposedly.
What do I know , hey are you the tepteggy guy on YouTube by any chance ?

ne_de5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 PRP DE5
I didn't cut the bumpstops, but I do hit them in comfort mode on hard dips. It's not as pronounced in sport.
Sponsored