Type S in the house!

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
The homelink module is 21mm x 37mm, or at least the portion it slides into needs to be. Because it's self contained it could be cut into the knee bolster and pushed into that for a hidden look lol.

Here's the Manual for it.

Screenshot_20230901_162113_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
If you want a hidden look, you can use an OEM switch to activate any hardwired remote opener. I got the A-Spec drive mode toggle ($35) and am waiting on the MLK store harness ($25) so I can tap into that. That way I can activate it from the Start/Stop. I can map the pin outs, so you don't need the harness, just tap into the existing one.

You can also use the seat memory buttons (would allow for dual buttons) or whatever is next to the traction control in other markets/models.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
FIXED IT.

It's really simple if you want to save on the on the harness, BUT I highly recommend either solder + tape or crimping connections... Not crimp caps, but the other - and I'll be honest it's been 4 years since I've done car audio so I forgot what they're called.

Anyways, match wires with wires, there's no harm. EXCEPT: The yellow one. I originally thought it was constant, but in the original rearview mirror it is actually not connect. It is, however, the homelink module for the mirrors constant. I don't believe it matters. I've never heard of wiring the homelink constant 12v wire to accessory causing any issue.

So, I took the yellow from the mirror end and hooked it up to the red one on the plug I took from the original mirror; alongside the red from the mirror end. Now my homelink works!!!

The harness is ugly as shit but hey, I'll never see it. I spliced in my radar detector wire as well, so until I get my dash cam I shouldn't need to remove the mirror again. I may not even need to do it then.

Sponsored

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Here's the MDX mirror and how to connect it w/o needing a new harness:

Part Number: 76400-T20-A11
Jumper the Red and Yellow wires on the mirror's connector
This isn't the mirror, but if my dumbass had seen this message/remembered I'd saw it it would've prevented me from thinking the mirror doesn't work lmao.

The mirror I installed was: mirror - 08V03-3A0-100

It's a tight fit, but it does fit. I highly recommend having extra wire to extend it. I anticipate having to extend the wires EVENTUALLY, but I'm tired of messing with it so I'll fix it when it happens lmao... if I remember.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I don't know if this is the exact same mirror as the MDX, but for those who want homelink and autodim in a frameless mirror, this is a solid option. It does require a new harness, but the install is still very easy overall. The hardest part is avoiding breaking the clip in the a-pillar trim. Its probably not the cheapest route (about $220 including mirror/harness/shipping) depending on where you buy it from.

Plug and play harness 08V03-30A-100
Homelink Mirror 08V03-3A0-100
So it's not just plug and play right? Since you mentioned removing the A-pillar, I assume you followed the Accord instructions? I was hoping since the mirror is already powered for auto-dimming that it would be plug and play.. :(

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
So it's not just plug and play right? Since you mentioned removing the A-pillar, I assume you followed the Accord instructions? I was hoping since the mirror is already powered for auto-dimming that it would be plug and play.. :(
Nah, Acura hates us.

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
This isn't the mirror, but if my dumbass had seen this message/remembered I'd saw it it would've prevented me from thinking the mirror doesn't work lmao.

The mirror I installed was: mirror - 08V03-3A0-100

It's a tight fit, but it does fit. I highly recommend having extra wire to extend it. I anticipate having to extend the wires EVENTUALLY, but I'm tired of messing with it so I'll fix it when it happens lmao... if I remember.
This mirror is from 2023 Accord and 2023 CR-V, right? Any pic of your setup? I was actually looking at this mirror as well and hoping to see if I could just use the Dongar adapter without needing to get the harness to run to the pillar or fuse tap.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
This mirror is from 2023 Accord and 2023 CR-V, right? Any pic of your setup? I was actually looking at this mirror as well and hoping to see if I could just use the Dongar adapter without needing to get the harness to run to the pillar or fuse tap.
Gotcha. To be honest, I just cut off the plugs on both mirrors (leaving significantly more wire on the factory one), extended the wires from the new mirror about 2 inches, and soldered the factory plug to the new wires. Matching colors, aside from running the yellow and red on the new mirror to just the red on the plug.

It's not going to be the most comfortable thing for people, but tbh I'm never going to remove the mirror so why should I care. Even if I sell the car (which I won't), there's no sense in swapping the mirrors because it's not like I could take the mirror and put it in a different car.

Sponsored

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
Interesting. I'll probably end up buying this mirror and the Civic to see if I can make it work with the Dongar adapter. Preferably, the Accord one works since that's a frameless look

nebur8

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6
If you want a hidden look, you can use an OEM switch to activate any hardwired remote opener. I got the A-Spec drive mode toggle ($35) and am waiting on the MLK store harness ($25) so I can tap into that. That way I can activate it from the Start/Stop. I can map the pin outs, so you don't need the harness, just tap into the existing one.

You can also use the seat memory buttons (would allow for dual buttons) or whatever is next to the traction control in other markets/models.
do you happen to have a part number for the A-Spec toggle?

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
Gotcha. To be honest, I just cut off the plugs on both mirrors (leaving significantly more wire on the factory one), extended the wires from the new mirror about 2 inches, and soldered the factory plug to the new wires. Matching colors, aside from running the yellow and red on the new mirror to just the red on the plug.

It's not going to be the most comfortable thing for people, but tbh I'm never going to remove the mirror so why should I care. Even if I sell the car (which I won't), there's no sense in swapping the mirrors because it's not like I could take the mirror and put it in a different car.
Do you have a pic of your setup?
Also, do you recall if the male and female connectors matched up with the mirror P/N 08V03-3A0-100 you installed?

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Do you have a pic of your setup?
Also, do you recall if the male and female connectors matched up with the mirror P/N 08V03-3A0-100 you installed?
No I don't know have pics, and I'll be honest I don't have time to take the mirror out again right now.

Also, what? I literally cut off the female plug from the new mirror and soldered the one from the old mirror after extending the wires. It doesn't matter if they match up lol