OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I got it working! The good news is you don't need the MLK harness, you just need the Aspec switch for $35 then tap into these two wires (pulled to the left). Make sure it's a tap, you need the cables connected or the parking brake will stop working for some reason.... Ignore the cable colors, that's just the MLK harness.

20230905_203850.jpg
20230801_141704.jpg

20230801_202537.jpg
20230905_212526.jpg
Sponsored

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
I got it working! The good news is you don't need the MLK harness, you just need the Aspec switch for $35 then tap into these two wires (pulled to the left). Make sure it's a tap, you need the cables connected or the parking brake will stop working for some reason.... Ignore the cable colors, that's just the MLK harness.

20230905_203850.jpg
20230801_141704.jpg

20230801_202537.jpg
20230905_212526.jpg
Can't quite tell what I'm looking at here. You mapped it to the A Off button? What is the circuit board looking thing?

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link

20230905_203850.jpg
20230801_141704.jpg

20230801_202537.jpg
20230905_212526.jpg
that’s cool! I like the creativity.

I unfortunately can’t have a garage door opener in my car because I’m keeping it outside. If a thief were to force entry to the car, they would then have access to my garage and ultimately my home. Sucks. But luckily when I had my new garage door installed last year it came with a WiFi enabled operator. So I linked that to my network and use the app to open/close the door. It also works with Siri and Alexa.

I DO like the idea of the Accord rear view mirror mod, because I could mod it and wire it up to only be active when the car is in accessory or run. 🤔

IMG_3553.png

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
that’s cool! I like the creativity.

I unfortunately can’t have a garage door opener in my car because I’m keeping it outside. If a thief were to force entry to the car, they would then have access to my garage and ultimately my home. Sucks. But luckily when I had my new garage door installed last year it came with a WiFi enabled operator. So I linked that to my network and use the app to open/close the door. It also works with Siri and Alexa.

I DO like the idea of the Accord rear view mirror mod, because I could mod it and wire it up to only be active when the car is in accessory or run. 🤔

IMG_3553.png
The way I hooked up the accord mirror (by hooking up the yellow with the red), it's only active when the cars in accessory.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

20230905_203850.jpg
20230801_141704.jpg

20230801_202537.jpg
20230905_212526.jpg
Awesome job. Curious on the taping and not removing those two wires. Isn't there an existing voltage?

Sponsored

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
I just went ahead and ordered the Accord mirror and harness. Doesn’t seem very difficult.
I ordered the Accord mirror as well, 08V03-3A0-100 . Then realized the mirror has a female connector. Have you already installed yours? Are you spicing the wires?

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I ordered the Accord mirror as well, 08V03-3A0-100 . Then realized the mirror has a female connector. Have you already installed yours? Are you spicing the wires?
I’ll slice the wires like has been discussed by ghostk. I have talked with him about it and seems pretty straight forward. My biggest issue is how hard is it to get the cover off over the mirror.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome job. Curious on the taping and not removing those two wires. Isn't there an existing voltage?
The two wires being used are from the Start Stop which isn't in use. So shouldn't be any voltage on them, but I didn't verify. The MLK harness works the same way, it taps into these 2 cables to trigger the auto start stop, it also connects to a third cable which I assume is for power, which I didn't need to use. So far no issues, but will see, as the cables are clearly monitored since it will error out if you cut them.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can't quite tell what I'm looking at here. You mapped it to the A Off button? What is the circuit board looking thing?
Yes, I swapped in the Aspec switch assembly and used the Auto Stop Start button to trigger a remote garage door opener I slid into the center console. The circuit board is the garage door opener, just open it up, test for what points need to be connected to complete the circuit, solder to those and remove the existing switch just in case.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Just installed the Accord mirror tonight. Very easy to do and it’s wired so when the car is off there is no power to the mirror. Love the look because it’s a OEM part and looks like it’s supposed to be there. Thanks to ghostk for all the help.

Sponsored

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Just installed the Accord mirror tonight. Very easy to do and it’s wired so when the car is off there is no power to the mirror. Love the look because it’s a OEM part and looks like it’s supposed to be there. Thanks to ghostk for all the help.
See, no need for the harness! Way more stress for no reason. If anybody else wants to do this, I'll gladly walk you through it as I did him. I can also do it for you as long as you send me the parts and pay for shipping and slide me 50 bucks 🥸.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
See, no need for the harness! Way more stress for no reason. If anybody else wants to do this, I'll gladly walk you through it as I did him. I can also do it for you as long as you send me the parts and pay for shipping and slide me 50 bucks 🥸.
Saw your other posts and I'm definitely interested! Need to cut all the wires huh? Got any pictures or videos?

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Saw your other posts and I'm definitely interested! Need to cut all the wires huh? Got any pictures or videos?
I do not have videos or pictures, it's always after the fact that I think about taking some lol.

Regardless, yeah. Essentially you're taking the male plug from the factory mirror, and extending + soldering to the wires on the new mirror after cutting off it's respective female plug. It's all color matching, except you connect the yellow from the mirror side to the red on the plug side as well (keep the red connection as well).

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A spec tech package 6 MT
I do not have videos or pictures, it's always after the fact that I think about taking some lol.

Regardless, yeah. Essentially you're taking the male plug from the factory mirror, and extending + soldering to the wires on the new mirror after cutting off it's respective female plug. It's all color matching, except you connect the yellow from the mirror side to the red on the plug side as well (keep the red connection as well).
I'm glad this worked out for you. To me it seems like a lot more work than taking off the a-pillar trim and running the harness. To each their own.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm glad this worked out for you. To me it seems like a lot more work than taking off the a-pillar trim and running the harness. To each their own.
Wasn’t much work at all. Took about 30 min and less chance of breaking trim pieces removing panels. Plus saves about 40 bucks on the harness. But at least there are multiple ways to do it based on what each individual wants to do. :)
Sponsored