Sponsored

installed Mishimoto expansion tank today

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
What others issues? I have seen any posts about issues with this one other than complaints about the fill windows being harder to see than other aftermarket tanks. it seemed pretty solid to me.
I meant, I was interested in an aftermarket expansion tank like this one due to leaking issues the stock ones have had.
Sponsored

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I meant, I was interested in an aftermarket expansion tank like this one due to leaking issues the stock ones have had.
Haha, that is why I chose this one piece design. Like the look of the 27WON but it requires opening it and using a dipstick to check the levels.

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
My radium had a very slow "weap" of coolant out of the seal.
Minor....but by definition a leak.

I ordered a new gasket... pulled it apart....sanded the halves slightly to clean them.

Hondabond with new gasket and no issues since.

Aggrivating? yes. Simple fix? yes.
Did i consider swapping? Yes.
If it leaks again I will look at another option.
But it has been good since I fixed it.

Sponsored

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
nice vid, install looks pretty easy. how much is that again? i don't think mine is leaking but i may pick up one of these anyway just in case so that i already have it on hand if it does happen

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
thanks for the video!

i popped my hood today and noticed dried coolant around the seams on my expansion tank. my car was bought last August and just under 1600 miles. fortunately i already have the mishimoto tank sitting in my garage that i bought preemptively. but i had to run to the dealership to get coolant to refill. i'll install later this week when i have some more time (also want to buy some clamps so i don't make a mess) and drive my other car in the interim.

curious, did you do any bleeding procedure to de-air after installing? i saw another install video that did a de-air (turning climate settings up to high and low fan speed and let car warm up) similar to how this de-air/bleeding procedure is done in a BMW.

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
thanks for the video!

i popped my hood today and noticed dried coolant around the seams on my expansion tank. my car was bought last August and just under 1600 miles. fortunately i already have the mishimoto tank sitting in my garage that i bought preemptively. but i had to run to the dealership to get coolant to refill. i'll install later this week when i have some more time (also want to buy some clamps so i don't make a mess) and drive my other car in the interim.

curious, did you do any bleeding procedure to de-air after installing? i saw another install video that did a de-air (turning climate settings up to high and low fan speed and let car warm up) similar to how this de-air/bleeding procedure is done in a BMW.
My opinion Air bleeding would only be needed if you are flushing all the coolant. Just emptying the expansion tank will not require any air bleeding however it would not hurt to go the extra mile. Had a track day this past Sunday and temps never went above 221 on a 92 degree day and I didn’t bleed mine. 🤷‍♂️

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
After your first drive with the new coolant expansion tank, recheck the level of the coolant in the tank. You'll probably need to add a little bit.

Sponsored

E~Dogg

First Name
E.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
My radium had a very slow "weap" of coolant out of the seal.
Minor....but by definition a leak.

I ordered a new gasket... pulled it apart....sanded the halves slightly to clean them.

Hondabond with new gasket and no issues since.

Aggrivating? yes. Simple fix? yes.
Did i consider swapping? Yes.
If it leaks again I will look at another option.
But it has been good since I fixed it.
Any issues to report since then?

Stuck between the Radium and the PRL. I like the Radium tank more and with the Hondabond trick, there should be no issues, but the PRL's tank is larger and they report it has more heat displacement and I was wondering if it makes any noticeable difference for a 99% streetcar.

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Stuck between the Radium and the PRL. I like the Radium tank more and with the Hondabond trick, there should be no issues, but the PRL's tank is larger and they report it has more heat displacement and I was wondering if it makes any noticeable difference for a 99% streetcar.
For a 99% street car my only concern would be leakage. The ITS seems pretty strong as far as cooling. IMO

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its

No issues since I last post about this issue. With so many threads and gasket....the chances of a leak could be more prone...

But so far ok

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
I installed the Mishimoto expansion tank a while ago, and while I love it, I find it very hard to see the level of coolant through the small glass window. This is even with shinning a flashlight on the small window. What do you guys do to check the coolant level with the Mishimoto expansion tank?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Why does everything have a downside? Can't they make a really big window on the side? LOL
Sponsored