ITS 18" winter wheels

AdreeN

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
I'm very noob to all this, and I intend to keep my ITS as OEM as possible.

I live where it snows, and am wondering if 18x8.5 et35 wheels would fit on the ITS? I've been reading et needs to be 48+, but also seen the following "winter wheel packages" online https://wheelsco.ca/products/acuint...jSXBMxCjeFUIMAX9VlPLSEtuAhHDktY1iL1FSw9ET212T

I'm hoping to fit the superspeed rf03rr.
If these fit, would I be able to get narrower tires like 225 on it for more snow performance?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I went with 18x8 wheels (can put 225 or 235 tires on them) with + 40 offset. Those wheels sits exactly at the same place as the OE wheels. I would not suggest +35 offset as the wheels will poke out and throw water/slush/snow all over the doors (it already does a bit with +40 wheels). Verify the offset if you go with 18x8.5 wheels so they don't poke out.

Also went with 235/40 tires. This size gives a little more sidewall than the closest 225 option. Also, since this is a performance car, it already shows that the 235 tires are narrower then the OE size. Going 225, after my experience last winter, would be too narrow for the car and really impact the driving dynamics and traction.

Went with Blizzak WS90 tires. Really like them. Might buy the same brand/model for my other cars.

Bought my set of wheels from Wheelsco too (went with FC04 wheels). Do know that the wheels will come with the lug nuts, but with no lock. If you want a lock, you'll have to buy it separately, and last year wheelsco didn't sell any. I went with the black lugs, and the paint is really cheap. Don't know if the chrome ones are better quality or not.

Lastly, don't buy the TPMS sensors from them. Buy Honda OE TPMS sensors (or Acura, but they were cheaper at Honda). I could fetch the P/N if you need it.

Hope this help!

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
FYI - there is a very long winter wheel and tire thread that you may find helpful. Just do a quick search in the ITS wheel sub-forum. It will pop right up.

OP
OP

AdreeN

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
I went with 18x8 wheels (can put 225 or 235 tires on them) with + 40 offset. Those wheels sits exactly at the same place as the OE wheels. I would not suggest +35 offset as the wheels will poke out and throw water/slush/snow all over the doors (it already does a bit with +40 wheels). Verify the offset if you go with 18x8.5 wheels so they don't poke out.

Also went with 235/40 tires. This size gives a little more sidewall than the closest 225 option. Also, since this is a performance car, it already shows that the 235 tires are narrower then the OE size. Going 225, after my experience last winter, would be too narrow for the car and really impact the driving dynamics and traction.

Went with Blizzak WS90 tires. Really like them. Might buy the same brand/model for my other cars.

Bought my set of wheels from Wheelsco too (went with FC04 wheels). Do know that the wheels will come with the lug nuts, but with no lock. If you want a lock, you'll have to buy it separately, and last year wheelsco didn't sell any. I went with the black lugs, and the paint is really cheap. Don't know if the chrome ones are better quality or not.

Lastly, don't buy the TPMS sensors from them. Buy Honda OE TPMS sensors (or Acura, but they were cheaper at Honda). I could fetch the P/N if you need it.

Hope this help!
Thanks so much man, so helpful.

I will def go 18x8 42-45et with the 235/40 tires.

Just to put my mind at ease, you had no issues with alignment/cambers with this setup over stock? I want to select a pain-free option, no additional fuss.

Thanks!

OP
OP

AdreeN

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Yea i did look through 15 pages of that on my phone, but most of the chat was about tire sizing vs wheel sizing. I did eventually find frenzals posts in that thread that drilled down, thanks for pointing that out!

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Thanks so much man, so helpful.

I will def go 18x8 42-45et with the 235/40 tires.

Just to put my mind at ease, you had no issues with alignment/cambers with this setup over stock? I want to select a pain-free option, no additional fuss.

Thanks!
Don't go +42 or +45 offset with 18x8. Stay with 40 offset with 18x8 wheels as yo need to clear the front calipers. Not all wheels will fit, be careful! It depends on the design of the wheel and spokes. I had to do much research to be sure that the FC04 would fit and clear the calipers. Had to contact the manufacturer, then convince wheelsco that it would fit as they didn't want to warrant the fitment as they were not sure it would fit. Exchanged lot of emails with Jeremy from wheelsco!

Just checked on their website, and the FC04 isn't available anymore! So you'll need to contact them and research a lot as I did if you want to be sure of fitment. You might need to contact OEP, which seems to be the manufacturer of all 18x8 wheels they have on sale right now. Not sure if you'll be able to get the offset you want (might be unavailable).

OEP website, if needed: https://www.oepwheels.com/

Good luck!

OP
OP

AdreeN

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Don't go +42 or +45 offset with 18x8. Stay with 40 offset with 18x8 wheels as yo need to clear the front calipers. Not all wheels will fit, be careful! It depends on the design of the wheel and spokes. I had to do much research to be sure that the FC04 would fit and clear the calipers. Had to contact the manufacturer, then convince wheelsco that it would fit as they didn't want to warrant the fitment as they were not sure it would fit. Exchanged lot of emails with Jeremy from wheelsco!

Just checked on their website, and the FC04 isn't available anymore! So you'll need to contact them and research a lot as I did if you want to be sure of fitment. You might need to contact OEP, which seems to be the manufacturer of all 18x8 wheels they have on sale right now. Not sure if you'll be able to get the offset you want (might be unavailable).

OEP website, if needed: https://www.oepwheels.com/

Good luck!
Damn really? That really limits my options :(

Looking at enkei raijins
Sponsored