Sponsored

ITS Front license plate relocation

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Hi all, I'll be taking delivery of my ITS soon here in Canada. I'm in Ontario where front license plate is definitely required.

I'm wondering if anyone's figured out front license plate placement other than the default location where it can block some airflow and just not look as great. I also just don't want holes drilled front and center.

I don't see a tow hook cover in the bumper which would be a common option. There are also ducts for air cooling brakes to the sides of the intercooler opening, then I think fake vents to the sides. Has anyone done under-bumper mount or something else?

If this were phone cases, there would be 100 options before release. Lol
Sponsored

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
OP
OP
slo_its

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Thanks. Saw that just now too. Though with Acura claiming they've increased airflow by 160 or 180 % up front, you can see the grille might support this less. It's all plastic and I don't feel great about tightening a metal hook/clamp onto it, especially not for the price.

I think Type R main air intake is much smaller than ITS, it doesn't come down as far. I'd be okay to leave it in the center on that car. But on ITS, half the plate would be hanging into the intercooler intake. European plate sizes would be so much nicer. lol

Damn it, it's pretty hard to figure this out. I was thinking of something custom with mount to below the bumper into the frame or something but it's just all plastic stuff which would require drilling too. This picture shows side vent goes through, I'm not sure what its purpose is. That means covering that might also not be ideal.
1687927045913.png

1687927188659.png

Ideal location might be here. Also have to make sure it doesn't cover front parking sensor, which might be difficult without angling the plate too much. I may end up giving up on this at some point and leave it in the center. But I mean, that's a small intercooler intake.
1687927533990.png

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks. Saw that just now too. Though with Acura claiming they've increased airflow by 160 or 180 % up front, you can see the grille might support this less. It's all plastic and I don't feel great about tightening a metal hook/clamp onto it, especially not for the price.

I think Type R main air intake is much smaller than ITS, it doesn't come down as far. I'd be okay to leave it in the center on that car. But on ITS, half the plate would be hanging into the intercooler intake. European plate sizes would be so much nicer. lol

Damn it, it's pretty hard to figure this out. I was thinking of something custom with mount to below the bumper into the frame or something but it's just all plastic stuff which would require drilling too. This picture shows side vent goes through, I'm not sure what its purpose is. That means covering that might also not be ideal.
1687927045913.png

1687927188659.png

Ideal location might be here. Also have to make sure it doesn't cover front parking sensor, which might be difficult without angling the plate too much. I may end up giving up on this at some point and leave it in the center. But I mean, that's a small intercooler intake.
1687927533990.png
Large vent opening is for the air curtain. The smaller opening that he is pointing at is for brake cooling.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Ontario here as well, front plate requirement makes no sense, having lived a few years in Quebec.
Anyways, I'm not too worried about blocking that little bit with a license, seeing as how I doubt the engineers overlooked the front license mounting requirements in some places.

Regardless though, if you do find a viable mounting location let us know; I'd go for it purely from an aesthetics POV.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Here is where the factory license plate mounts on the type S

Screenshot_20230628-092851.png

OP
OP
slo_its

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Thanks for this. I suppose that doesn't come down as far as I thought. Maybe 1-1.5 inch? I'll probably get it from the dealer and see if I'm okay with installing it myself. Maybe can modify it to not require drilling holes in the front in case I want to relocate later.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Always make sure the dealership does not drill in your front. I had to specifically ask as it's required in my state. To be honest I have never put one on my RSX (in Chicago) and cops have never messed with me (as they are busy with people getting shot every 2.5 hrs).

If you need one there's got to be tow hook kits mounted off centered that will work.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks for this. I suppose that doesn't come down as far as I thought. Maybe 1-1.5 inch? I'll probably get it from the dealer and see if I'm okay with installing it myself. Maybe can modify it to not require drilling holes in the front in case I want to relocate later.
There's two dimples in the bumper cover for where it mounts. The front brackets come with all vehicles and are usually in the trunk when delivered.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Anyone come up with a good way to relocate the front plate yet? If so, please post pics and share what you did.

Sponsored

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
It's been covered in another thread. Reportedly this has worked well:
Thanks. That is an interesting option. I wouldn’t think that would block or redirect too much airflow. I would probably find a way to use more than a single zip tie. I would also want to ensure it doesn’t rub on anything. Any thoughts from someone that actually gave this a try?

OP
OP
slo_its

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I have not tried it. Was thinking it blocks more of the intercooler than I'd like and also blocks brake duct. That being said, I'm thinking if it's something easy to remove and then setup again, I'd consider doing it and removing if I ever go to the track. Shouldn't need that much cooling otherwise.

I've been running mine with license plate in the middle without screws, using electrical tape to pad all contact points and zip ties to secure. Zip ties have heat shrink tube at contact points to avoid rubbing.

PXL_20230710_172518869.jpg

PXL_20230710_172515077.jpg

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have not tried it. Was thinking it blocks more of the intercooler than I'd like and also blocks brake duct. That being said, I'm thinking if it's something easy to remove and then setup again, I'd consider doing it and removing if I ever go to the track. Shouldn't need that much cooling otherwise.

I've been running mine with license plate in the middle without screws, using electrical tape to pad all contact points and zip ties to secure. Zip ties have heat shrink tube at contact points to avoid rubbing.

PXL_20230710_172518869.jpg

PXL_20230710_172515077.jpg
Not bad! Anything on the back of the plate to prevent rubbing the clear coat? Do you also have a zoomed out photo?

just curious - I'm just going to go without even though my state requires it. I took mine off the front of my truck with no issues & I've heard the same from several people. Although when I had a blacked out Grand Prix GTP I got pulled over for it about 5 years ago. I figure it depends on the vehicle & demographic on how we get profiled. 😆

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Youre going to have to put it in the OEM location. Don't try to be cool and put it on the side because it will still look ridiculous.
Sponsored

Last edited: