Sponsored

ITS Front license plate relocation

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Youre going to have to put it in the OEM location. Don't be silly and try to put it somewhere you think out of place because it will look goofy.
Goofy is in the eye of the beholder. 😜
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
For what it's worth, there are SOME states that specifically require front license plates but only if there's a mounting point for a front license plate (aka a bracket). Nevada, for example: "You must display both plates if the vehicle is designed for a front plate or if the manufacturer offers an add-on bracket or frame." Will the officer debate whether the manufacturer offers an add-on bracket or frame? Hard to say. Will it be the main reason you're getting pulled over? Probably not. Read the fine print for your state.

Many people (myself included) install tint that's well beyond the legal limit knowing it could result in a fine (or several). You can always research what the fine is for failure to display a front license plate and weigh how much risk/how many fines you're willing to tolerate.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Front and centre, just get it over with. Off to the side ruins the symmetry and makes you look like some try-hard bmw driver.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Youre going to have to put it in the OEM location. Don't be silly and try to put it somewhere you think out of place because it will look goofy.
I think it looks goofy everywhere on this car. Lol I'm leaving it off & I'll be very nice if I'm pulled over. 😆

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can always research what the fine is for failure to display a front license plate and weigh how much risk/how many fines you're willing to tolerate.
My wife is totally on board with me spending the money to buy and maintain this wonderful car, but she would not be happy with me getting pointless tickets for not displaying the license plate. Speeding tickets while having fun she could forgive and forget, but failure to display is a different story. lol

Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
My wife is totally on board with me spending the money to buy and maintain this wonderful car, but she would not be happy with me getting pointless tickets for not displaying the license plate. Speeding tickets while having fun she could forgive and forget, but failure to display is a different story. lol
It sounds like it's an $87 fine BUT the court may dismiss the fine if you provide proof that the issue has been remedied prior to the court date (aka a "fix-it ticket"):

§ 46.2-715. Display of license plates.
License plates assigned to a motor vehicle, other than a moped, motorcycle, autocycle, tractor truck, trailer, or semitrailer, or to persons licensed as motor vehicle dealers or transporters of unladen vehicles, shall be attached to the front and the rear of the vehicle. The license plate assigned to a moped, motorcycle, autocycle, trailer, or semitrailer shall be attached to the rear of the vehicle. The license plate assigned to a tractor truck shall be attached to the front of the vehicle. The license plates issued to licensed motor vehicle dealers and to persons licensed as transporters of unladen vehicles shall consist of one plate for each set issued and shall be attached to the rear of the vehicle to which it is assigned.

For any summons issued for a violation of this section, the court may, in its discretion, dismiss the summons, where proof of compliance with this section is provided to the court on or before the court date.

It appears to still be a primary violation in Virginia (tint is now secondary), but you'll have to see how common it is to get pulled over firstly/only for failure to display. For a $87 fine/fix-it ticket, I'd try my luck once.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I still can't believe they will pull you over for this. Isn't it a secondary that could get tacked on when pulled over for some other violation?
When front plates were mandatory I never had one. Only once a cop mentioned it and let me off saying if he checked I bet it's not there.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
I haven't ran a front plate in any of my cars for almost 30 years. Though I've been pulled over for speeding or other violation, i've never been ticketed for having no front plate nor have that added to the violation. I have however been ticketed for it while my car was parked on public streets in San Francisco, the irony. It was a quick fix it ticket and fee. There really is no good spot for the ITS front plate placement, it partially blocks the FMIC with factory bracket, and if you move it to the side, it just defeats the downforce from air flow to the canards.

OP
OP
slo_its

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Not bad! Anything on the back of the plate to prevent rubbing the clear coat? Do you also have a zoomed out photo?

just curious - I'm just going to go without even though my state requires it. I took mine off the front of my truck with no issues & I've heard the same from several people. Although when I had a blacked out Grand Prix GTP I got pulled over for it about 5 years ago. I figure it depends on the vehicle & demographic on how we get profiled. 😆
I don't really have another shot...I mean, with the license plate on and then smudged out, looks kinda messy. I have 3M electrical tape wrapping all the contact points on the back. I'm hoping it's enough as it's got high friction and if it's tight enough, it won't shift... hopefully. Lol

Goofy is in the eye of the beholder. 😜
I've actually seen quite a few cars drive around with the tow hook relocation kit but it's terrible cus it's one bar and they were all badly crooked or just vertical. 😂

Honestly, it might just give up on it. Or...I can buy a 3d printer to do something nice and custom... 20 attempts later with all the time I don't have...lol

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
As a note, in many cities now, you don't even need to be pulled over to get a ticket. They will ticket you street parked.... I still don't run one, and drive the Wife's car if I have to park in SF, or worse case stick to lots.... Dont even drive through Fremont with a bolt out of place... Still, having a quick backup option like the zip ties is great for a fix it ticket. If you are using it full time, might as well just bite the bullet and drill it correctly, don't block the intercooler full time...

Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Maybe SlyBrackets could be an option if you don't mind blocking the intercooler a bit:
https://www.slybrackets.com/store/S...TAL-OR-VERTICAL-SLATS-LOWER-GRILLE-p375737088
I tried this, and I wasn't happy with the result. It had a fair amount of play, was mounted at an odd angle, etc., and while they do have an angle adapter, it already stuck out farther than I was comfortable with without it.

I ended up just screwing the OEM one on. Sucks, but seemed best at that point.

Last edited:

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I tries this, and I wasn't happy with the result. It had a fair amount of play, was mounted at an odd angle, etc., and while they do have an angle adapter, it already stuck out farther than I was comfortable with without it.

I ended up just screwing the OEM one on. Sucks, but seemed best at that point.
Thanks for letting us know how it worked out.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
i just hit this problem myself where i need to figure out what to do with my front license plate- the dealership didn't drill/mount the front OEM bracket so i'm probably gonna just tape it in place.

there is this too - https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-platypus-license-plate-mount-for-acura-integra-4th-gen/ - if anyone has used this, let us know
I can't speak for the ITS but I've used this on my M2C. Solid construction and finish. The M2C version screws directly to the front tow hook mount.
Sponsored