Pop and bang inconsistent Audibly different

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra type S
So when I’m in neutral and rev up the pop and bangs are there. But when I’m slapping gears are really even shifting at 4000 or 3000rpm first gear gets it. Second and third don’t 4th has a single pop and 5-6th don’t. But when I’m downshifting to a high rpm it’ll do it almost everytime. But I’m noticing a loss of how loud it is. Any suggestions? The codes were cleared around 2 weeks ago by dealership if that helps… they tried to suggest a fuel induction cleaning. Would that solve it?
Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Your experience is normal. 1st and 2nd have consistent pops regardless of driving conditions. The higher gears are preprogrammed for specific conditions. I've been experimenting and I've noticed the pops are dependant on throttle position, clutch disengagement speed, engine load, time of day, moon phase, and what I had for lunch that day.

All that to say I haven't figured it out yet.

Audio79

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 99
Pop are for lower gears but if you want more get hondata alot more 🎉 pops

Sponsored

OP
OP

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra type S
Not being rude or anything but I wrote first does. Second and third don’t. Fourth does 5-6 doesn’t either it’s inconsistent

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So when I’m in neutral and rev up the pop and bangs are there. But when I’m slapping gears are really even shifting at 4000 or 3000rpm first gear gets it. Second and third don’t 4th has a single pop and 5-6th don’t. But when I’m downshifting to a high rpm it’ll do it almost everytime. But I’m noticing a loss of how loud it is. Any suggestions? The codes were cleared around 2 weeks ago by dealership if that helps… they tried to suggest a fuel induction cleaning. Would that solve it?
You mentioned that codes were cleared around 2 weeks ago by dealership
Curious.... What codes were cleared? If there were codes, there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Evolving_e63

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S , 2003 Evo, 2018 AMG E63s
What does that mean? Foul out my cat convert?
They get those extra pops and bangs by dumping un burnt fuel into your system. That's what creates those excessive pops. Over time that will destroy your catalytic converter

scooter

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
What does that mean? Foul out my cat convert?
Please excuse my responding to your question to Evolving_e63 but, IMO I think by suggesting “Foul out your cat convert?” he was attempting some right Coast elitist automotive sarcasm. As we all know, elitist automotive sarcasm is the purview of the left coast.

Evolving_e63

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Please excuse my responding to your question to Evolving_e63 but, IMO I think by suggesting “Foul out your cat convert?” he was attempting some right Coast elitist automotive sarcasm. As we all know, elitist automotive sarcasm is the purview of the left coast.
🤷‍♂️. If you want those crackle pop tunes be prepared to damage your Catalytic converter in the long run.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
What the hell is happening in this thread?

FWIW, the "pops and bangs" are inconsistent for me on a day to day basis. Some days they sound like a gunshot. Most days they're far more modest.

I admit I don't pay attention to what they sound like depending on what gear I'm in. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say as long as you're getting the sounds at all, there's probably nothing wrong with the car or the emissions system.

I also admit I don't really care one way or the other. All of it is a synthetically tuned gimmick, and while I don't have any strong feelings against it, I've never really understood the hype around it either.

For reference, when Porsche started doing this a few years back, people would actively seek to tune it out- as in, get rid of it.

I wanted to like the Milltek exhaust, but hearing sound clips of it sounding like an automatic rifle, I decided against it. YMMV.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
With these cars it seems like the pops and bangs have become more of a barometer for "is my car working properly" than anything else LOL.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
🤷‍♂️. If you want those crackle pop tunes be prepared to damage your Catalytic converter in the long run.
If you're living the crackle tune life you're probably running catless anyway.

The 1.5 has pops on the stock tune, stock cat, and all you need is an aftermarket exhaust to hear them. I doubt they'd allow that to happen if it was damaging the cat.

With these cars it seems like the pops and bangs have become more of a barometer for "is my car working properly" than anything else LOL.
With the amount of service calls it's generating I think Acura regrets that feature :doh:

Evolving_e63

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you're living the crackle tune life you're probably running catless anyway.

The 1.5 has pops on the stock tune, stock cat, and all you need is an aftermarket exhaust to hear them. I doubt they'd allow that to happen if it was damaging the cat.

With the amount of service calls it's generating I think Acura regrets that feature :doh:
Yes but there not excessive. Your comparing a pop or 2 from the factory, compared to crackle tunes that just pop non stop while your decelerating. To get that constant constant pop that's endless your dumping unburnt fuel which in the long run will damage your catalytic converter. If your straight piped then great

Go look at any bmw thread on burple tunes. They love their popcorn tunes
Sponsored