Spare Tire Kit

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Was wondering about using the tire size used on the BMW solution by @kjechel 115/95/17 vs the RL tire size of 155/70/17. Would the spare sit lower with the 115 vs 155 in the well. Like the RL solution better vs BMW. Just thinking. Thanks.
I don't know. 155 is already very narrow compared to the 265 tires on the car. Also, don't know the RL spare wheel specs, so don't know if a 115 tire would fit OK on the rim. And I don't think the spare would sit lower as the tire isn't really wider then the wheel itself.
Sponsored

Pow-Pow

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
I don't know. 155 is already very narrow compared to the 265 tires on the car. Also, don't know the RL spare wheel specs, so don't know if a 115 tire would fit OK on the rim. And I don't think the spare would sit lower as the tire isn't really wider then the wheel itself.
According to Acura Parts websites the RL uses a 42700-SJA-J52 rim where the RLX uses a 42700-TK4-A51 rim. The RLX rim doesn't look as high as the RL rim but hard to tell without the specs. Saw where the RLX rim is available for $55 locally. Just trying to come up with a solution that lays down flat in the wheel well. The older RL rim appears to have a different design that at least from pictures appears to be higher. The RLX rim is used on a 2020 RLX so wonder if they produced a updated rim from the RL.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
According to Acura Parts websites the RL uses a 42700-SJA-J52 rim where the RLX uses a 42700-TK4-A51 rim. The RLX rim doesn't look as high as the RL rim but hard to tell without the specs. Saw where the RLX rim is available for $55 locally. Just trying to come up with a solution that lays down flat in the wheel well. The older RL rim appears to have a different design that at least from pictures appears to be higher. The RLX rim is used on a 2020 RLX so wonder if they produced a updated rim from the RL.
If you want the spare to lay flat, the only option is the BWM wheel... That solution wasn't good for me has i don't want to mess with the holes in the wheel.
Sponsored